Countach Yokohama AVS tyres - your help required!

Craig

Hello

I have been in contact with Yokohama UK about the remanufacture of the Yokohama AVS tyres for the Countach. As many of you will hopefully agree these are better suited to the pre-Anniversary cars than the P Zeros (ideally we would use P7s if Pirelli got there act together!).

Yokohama have said they may consider remaking a batch if there is good demand.

To this end can you please let me know if you are interested in buying a set/sets and how many?

They also fit De Tomaso Panteras so I am hoping to get their support too.

Thanks for your help

Craig

I don't care about Pirelli since they're leaving us high and dry, so if Yokohama is willing to

fill the void then I vote Yes, lets get something going with them. Matched sets are a plus, are you

talking front and rears?

I don't care about Pirelli since they're leaving us high and dry, so if Yokohama is willing to

fill the void then I vote Yes, lets get something going with them. Matched sets are a plus, are you

talking front and rears?

We need both. Pirelli also dropped the ball on front tire according to Chad. They were polite but they are not interested in doing anything regardless.

For one I am no longer buying Pirellis on my other vehicles. They are not a reliable nor reasonable tire partner provider. Ignoring vintage products is alienating a small but wealthy section of the costumer base.

I will happily take 2 sets, not to make things more difficult, but my LP400S has a 205 front, my LP5000S a 215. Beggers cannot be choosers.

Keep us posted.

I will happily take 2 sets, not to make things more difficult, but my LP400S has a 205 front, my LP5000S a 215. Beggers cannot be choosers.

Keep us posted.

thanks guys - will do

Keep us posted.

hi john

the 215 is un correct

they should be both 205 on the 400S and 5000S

225 for QV and 25th

Then 2 sets of 205's please..... Am picking up the LP400S from getting detailed tonight, will also see how far the LP5000S paint stripping has progressed.

On a completely unrelated note, during the last week:

I found a 348TS in the trash (!) which went to a friend for parts (it nicely matches his $7000 non running 348).

I missed out on a $34k 360 Modena F1. (That kinda bothered me)

I put in a bid on a crashed LP640 (my bid was too low).

I am on the trail of a dead BBi. Wish me luck.

Then 2 sets of 205's please..... Am picking up the LP400S from getting detailed tonight, will also see how far the LP5000S paint stripping has progressed.

On a completely unrelated note, during the last week:

I found a 348TS in the trash (!) which went to a friend for parts (it nicely matches his $7000 non running 348).

I missed out on a $34k 360 Modena F1. (That kinda bothered me)

I put in a bid on a crashed LP640 (my bid was too low).

I am on the trail of a dead BBi. Wish me luck.

John, I found a nice 'fixer upper' for you since you seem to be into these things...

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/countach/cou...40512_002.shtml

I have a complete brand new set of Pirelli P-Zero's for a Countach.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...rksid=p3907.m29

There are many Pirellis floating around, but what are the manufacturing dates on them....?

problem is, most are too old to be safe (at least for spirited driving). Plus they age from the inside

out so tread depth doesn't mean as much as most people think.

Colorchange

As Chad said, you're basically asking $1500 for front tires because rears are available for about $1000.

Plus your fronts are 225. 205 are correct for most of the Countach. So no real bargain.

Any news from Yokohama?

sorry guys - no response as yet

I was on holiday last week but will chase again this week

Craig

sorry guys but the news from Yokohama is not good

they need to produce a minimum of 1000 tyres to make them viable!

however, I have found out that Michelin make a 335/35 TB15 road legal tyre that I have seen fitted to the Cannonball Run car - has anyone tried these?

Craig