Slow windows?

abolfaz

Anyone else have this problem? Sometimes my windows work fine, other times I have to push them up to get them closed and or have to hold the button down till they go up. Whats the deal here?

It's the worm gear set up on the window set up. Poor poor design. Won't be surprise if they break soon. Already replaced mine.

I had the same problem. If it was just a one time up/down it was okay on the driver's side. Eventually, the motor went and it needed replacement. Had it done over winter at LamboDenver. However, I still think that the driver's side goes slower than the passenger's.

It's the worm gear set up on the window set up. Poor poor design. Won't be surprise if they break soon. Already replaced mine.

So do I need motors and the gears or just the gears?

My 6.0 had the same problem, but more on the drivers side than the passenger. The SV is better and the Murci works better still. I thought that the motor in the 6.0 driver window would burn out as it seemed to struggle to close, especially the last 3-4 inches.

Be careful during the replacement, if you have tint on the windows. Easy to scratch. Dealer had to have redone. I think it's just the motor, not the gears!

Damn, ever time you go into your car you have to replace something. Doesnt that get irritating?

Hmmmm....

you don't say ?

I sure know the feeling. :(

Shamile

Be careful during the replacement, if you have tint on the windows. Easy to scratch. Dealer had to have redone. I think it's just the motor, not the gears!

Dude, your windows worked just fine!

Lambo of LV sold me mine with the passenger window like this

nice :(

think it needed a new motor or actuator or something like that $700 maybe? if I recall correctly

taking apart the door takes like 2hours according to Lambo of Ohio!!!

It's the entire design of it that sucks. This is a true story. Mike just make it a nice day driving car only so keep the windows down and your problems go away! lol!

It's the entire design of it that sucks. This is a true story. Mike just make it a nice day driving car only so keep the windows down and your problems go away! lol!

I've put 1200 miles on the car over the last four months, I'm driving the piss out of it (relatively speaking!). The car runs perfect with the exception of the sometimes retarded windows and a fuel door that sticks now and again.

As Adam said its the piss poor designed regulator. I'd replace both the window regulator and the motor. Be very careful, when they start acting like yours is they are not to far from complete failure. Cable breaks, glass drops, can shatter glass.

As Adam said its the piss poor designed regulator. I'd replace both the window regulator and the motor. Be very careful, when they start acting like yours is they are not to far from complete failure. Cable breaks, glass drops, can shatter glass.

True story! It could happen.

Do a search Albofaz...I had made a post of it and had pictures.

abolfaz;

My windows seemed fine. But when I had the post purchase done at Lambo of Denver, Todd did tell me that the driver's side looked like it was going to give shortly. Of course I thought he was full of it, since you know, got to get a new customer for a few $$. Anyhow, he was right, a couple of months later, the window motor crapped out. And a few other things, as I mentioned before, that needed to be done or came up.

However, pretty happy so far with the 600 miles I've put on, probably 300 just going back and forth for service calls to the dealer. At least it's a nice drive out there.

abolfaz;

My windows seemed fine. But when I had the post purchase done at Lambo of Denver, Todd did tell me that the driver's side looked like it was going to give shortly. Of course I thought he was full of it, since you know, got to get a new customer for a few $$. Anyhow, he was right, a couple of months later, the window motor crapped out. And a few other things, as I mentioned before, that needed to be done or came up.

However, pretty happy so far with the 600 miles I've put on, probably 300 just going back and forth for service calls to the dealer. At least it's a nice drive out there.

Your car was one of the cleanest, nicest running unmolested 6.0's that I had ever driven.

You are certainly right about being the one of the cleanest. The bonus now is that I still have 2 1/2 years of warranty left. One thing is that it truly runs amazingly well, even at high altitude.

The guys at Lambo of Denver keep haggling me about selling it for me or taking it in on trade for a Superleggera. I am just not biting though. LOVE the 6.0!!!!!

Anyone else have this problem? Sometimes my windows work fine, other times I have to push them up to get them closed and or have to hold the button down till they go up. Whats the deal here?

Have had a similar problem for 4 years now. They become slow about 3/4 of the way up, they slow down and back to normal. If i put the door up and then close the window no problem except on humid days. What i do to make it easier is wax the window. Then they'll zoom up and down until the wax wears off. In NY on humid days they are extremely slow and sometimes i have to manually help them up. Perhaps the rubber swells and constricts the window. I also have tinted windows so the film maybe a factor also. Car is currently in florida. We'll see how the humidity affects them down there. I have had replacement parts for e few years now but 'if it ain't completely broke i ain't gonna fix it.'

Meantime try the wax trick and see how that works.

In November 07, 2 months after I purchased my Diablo, Lamborghini of Denver contacted me to see if I was interested in purchasing a 3 year, very comprehensive warranty for the car at $4k. The ability to do so stemmed from their company being Autonation and signing a contract with Toyota to provide the warranty for all their franchises. Since they own Lambo of Denver, my car qualified based on age.

I asked a few questions on the board to get a feel if it was possibly worth it and decided to go ahead. At this point, it was a very good decision, since like I said, my first visit was $4k at the service dept.

Call Todd at Lambo of denver and talk to him about the warranty availability?

• 1 year later...
Have had a similar problem for 4 years now. They become slow about 3/4 of the way up, they slow down and back to normal. If i put the door up and then close the window no problem except on humid days. What i do to make it easier is wax the window. Then they'll zoom up and down until the wax wears off. In NY on humid days they are extremely slow and sometimes i have to manually help them up. Perhaps the rubber swells and constricts the window. I also have tinted windows so the film maybe a factor also. Car is currently in florida. We'll see how the humidity affects them down there. I have had replacement parts for e few years now but 'if it ain't completely broke i ain't gonna fix it.'

Meantime try the wax trick and see how that works.

Well,

here we are a year later and it finally happened. The window seems like it's off the track, i can hear the mechanism go up and down. I was able to pull the window within about a 1/4 from the top and it held nicely from Boca Raton to WPB. Since the garage has no air conditioning i don't know when i'll get to it but i will post the findings and the remedy.

Peace

So do I need motors and the gears or just the gears?

The window lift going bad is a result not the cause. The issue is with the window seals. Best to repl. frt. and rear window seals first. Know different years alos have some different tricks. First i would try a dry lube in the window seals. A wet lube works better but i dont know what kind to recomend I got mine from my Wurth suppler. The lube I found worked the best was kinda like K Y jelly. Put just a bit in both the frt. and the rear window channle seals with the window down and then roll them up and repeat if ness. There are other tricks but alot more work and hard to tell someone how to do it.

Normal is the seals get very dried out and then the window binds in the seals then the regulator and or the motor go bad.

If you have to repl. the window lift also do the seals parts are cheep but a pain to install. A test is unbolt the window from the lift and push the window up and down by hand if it is hard to go up or down then it is not the motor or the regulator but the channle seals binding.