WTB: 4/8GB IPhone

skinny

Time to upgrade, so i am looking for a 4/8GB IPhone. Does anyone have one for sale? Please PM me.

Picking up an old iPhone right now doesn't really make sense. With the new 3G iPhone coming out by the end of June, at a $200 contract price...

But, I might be able to help you out...I'll let you know...

I have not been looking for phones and did not know that another one was coming out so soon. If thats the case then i think i might just wait and hold on to my POS phone for a couple of months. Thank you for your help!!!

Is that even a sure thing, iphone and 3g, would they do that to their customers? Is 3g maybe integrated already? I have quiet a bit of friends that work for apple, which only recently purchased the 16 gig and specs aren't different between phones besides memory. I think they would of been warned instead of having to repurchase the phone just for 3g

Is that even a sure thing, iphone and 3g, would they do that to their customers? Is 3g maybe integrated already? I have quiet a bit of friends that work for apple, which only recently purchased the 16 gig and specs aren't different between phones besides memory. I think they would of been warned instead of having to repurchase the phone just for 3g

Nope, Apple does not warn even its employees about upcoming product releases. It's a common complaint, especially among the Sales Team, who are often hear about new products the same day as the customer. 3G phone, see here:

http://www.macrumors.com/2008/05/10/latest...-on-off-option/

I'm actually really impressed with the iphone, and once it goes 3G, I think it will be incredible.

The only reason I don't have one, is that I travel a lot, and I like to switch out SIM cards... with the iphone, since the phone is locked, you can't change to a local SIM, so you're compelled to pay ATTs insanely high roaming rates, even for local calls when you are in Europe or Asia. Then you get the privilege of paying super high long distance charges too on top of that.

I'm waiting for the Nokia N96 or the Sony Xperia to come out this fall. Both of these are unlocked and GSM.

I'm actually really impressed with the iphone, and once it goes 3G, I think it will be incredible.

The only reason I don't have one, is that I travel a lot, and I like to switch out SIM cards... with the iphone, since the phone is locked, you can't change to a local SIM, so you're compelled to pay ATTs insanely high roaming rates, even for local calls when you are in Europe or Asia. Then you get the privilege of paying super high long distance charges too on top of that.

I'm waiting for the Nokia N96 or the Sony Xperia to come out this fall. Both of these are unlocked and GSM.

You can switch the sim card if you crack it. :icon_mrgreen:

This is lame - why would they allow a customer to buy the product literally the day before the new phone is officially announced to come out and on shelves a week later. Apple got a bad wrap when they did the price drop on the current iPhone and I guess they will have the same problem again when this happens. Although I will be picking up a new iPhone when it comes out. :icon_mrgreen:

Link from baylambo

Earlier today we posted a screenshot on our dedicated iPhone blog (RSS) that claimed to depict a new On/Off option to enable 3G speeds. This new preference was found in the latest iPhone 2.0 Beta 5 distributed to developers. By default, the preference is hidden, but one developer (Chronic Productions) claims to have activated it. We have since confirmed that the text shown is indeed in the iPhone 2.0 Beta firmware, so the screenshot appears to be legitimate.

While the iPhone 2.0 firmware appears to contain 3G code, current iPhone owners will not be able to take advantage of the 3G speeds without buying the new iPhone. It appears that Apple will be using a common firmware for both the existing iPhone and the unreleased 3G-capable iPhone.

Also of interest is that due to the higher 3G power consumption, Apple is giving users an option to fall back to EDGE speeds in order to prolong battery life.

The 3G-capable iPhone is widely expected to be released in the coming months, possibly at the Worldwide Developer Conference in June.

post-9260-1210621545_thumb.png

Nope, Apple does not warn even its employees about upcoming product releases. It's a common complaint, especially among the Sales Team, who are often hear about new products the same day as the customer. 3G phone, see here:

http://www.macrumors.com/2008/05/10/latest...-on-off-option/

I see, I guess I will have to buy another iphone again! :rant:

There was actually a little blurb tonight on our local fox news station during the business segment. They stated that there is some sort of leak from apple saying that the new phone is going to be here sooner than expected and since all the iPhones are currently sold out on the apple website it is a strong indication that it is true. I hope it is sooner rather than later, I'm ready for a new phone. :icon_thumleft:

There was actually a little blurb tonight on our local fox news station during the business segment. They stated that there is some sort of leak from apple saying that the new phone is going to be here sooner than expected and since all the iPhones are currently sold out on the apple website it is a strong indication that it is true. I hope it is sooner rather than later, I'm ready for a new phone. :icon_thumleft:

I knew it would be coming out soon, as I went to an Apple store in Orlando on Friday and was told all iPhones were sold out in the area. So I went home and ordered one online; I received an email yesterday saying it was shipped.

I knew it would be coming out soon, as I went to an Apple store in Orlando on Friday and was told all iPhones were sold out in the area. So I went home and ordered one online; I received an email yesterday saying it was shipped.

Doh!!! I would return it asap!!! I am sure that the one shipped will not be the new one. I'm guessing right before the end of this month or right after the start of June.

Doh!!! I would return it asap!!! I am sure that the one shipped will not be the new one. I'm guessing right before the end of this month or right after the start of June.

It's all good; it's a present.

Skinny the new iphone should be comming out in a few months..Honestly i would see what apple has to offer on the new iphone...

I will keep an eye out for it. I could always use a spare if i decide to upgrade to the new one. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

After review the new 3g i think all i need is the first iphone that came out. Anyone selling one please PM me.