SLR Article

Allan-Herbie

Im sure you will all enjoy the Stephan Winkelfag jabs, not to mention ferrarifag jabs. Article came out great, except Colum made a mistake and printed that my best 1/4 time was only .1 sec better than stock, when that WAS my stock time. Ill let him slide this time as he has a baby on the way anyday!!!! Now I just have to deal with every idiot who will think my car is no faster than stock. :gay:

slr.jpg

slr2.jpg

slr3.jpg

slr4.jpg

slr5.jpg

slr6.jpg

Did you have to say "Whoring Out?" :icon_toilet:

Whats wrong with that?I actually called him Winkelfag, and Ferrarifags, but they edited that :crybaby2:

just read the article. surprising that they actually let you express a lot of your sentiments (re: winkelmann, f-fags etc).

i thought you were a little harsh on the LP640, and gallardo. yes there are multiple versions (SE, nera, SL, LP), but that is classic lamborghini, and not what i would consider "whoring out."

just read the article. surprising that they actually let you express a lot of your sentiments (re: winkelmann, f-fags etc).

i thought you were a little harsh on the LP640, and gallardo. yes there are multiple versions (SE, nera, SL, LP), but that is classic lamborghini, and not what i would consider "whoring out."

I tried to express the thoughts and feelings that many here had expressed before in previous threads. For example producing a SE, saying it is limited to 250 units charging more for it, then to find out that it is EXACTLY the same as any other 06 if you order it with the same options.. is not special. As for the Lp, I said it was a great car, but I felt it wasnt worth the premium over an early Murci. As for performance we all know where i stand also.

You dont need me, ask Porter who just went from an SLR to a murci how he feels now.

Allan, that was a great read. I really like the quote of "the forgotten supercar" and this article has helped me view the SLR in a new light.

It stinks that people willingly pay $500,000 for a Ferrari 599 but will overlook the SLR with a similar price tag and similar performance, and IMO, superior aesthetics. Of course, that 599 price bubble will soon burst.

To your point about all the Lamborghini special editions, it's the same thing Lotus does. I think relatively small companies cannot afford to keep producing new models like Ferrari does every 5 years, so they must use special editions to extend model life and keep the cars in the spotlight.

Haha, Allan. Business always picks up when you are controversial :lol2:

If I was to be 110% honest, I would state that the SLR is the best car I've ever owned, and the best car I've ever driven.

It pains me because the car is so misunderstood, and the market has answered by hammering the values of what is a truly special car.

In terms of interaction, the autobox is almost as fun as F1 or Egear. However, it leaps lightyears ahead in terms of producing reproducible results. I'm a shithead lots of times on the road, and I'll be the first to admit that I like making every red light a smoke show. Given that, the SLR was much more satisfying than dumping the clutch on the Murcie once or twice, then harshing from the looming repair bill.

The Murcielago was a fun car for its time, but its time has passed. And I mean that with the utmost respect to Murcie owners - hell, I've owned 2, so obviously I like the thing. But the bottom line is the SLR isn't even in the same category with the Murcie - it's just far more sophisticated and delivers power in a much quicker fashion.

And with that, I know this site has heard enough SLR fanboism, so now I'll shut the fcuk up!

Haha, Allan. Business always picks up when you are controversial :lol2:

If I was to be 110% honest, I would state that the SLR is the best car I've ever owned, and the best car I've ever driven.

It pains me because the car is so misunderstood, and the market has answered by hammering the values of what is a truly special car.

In terms of interaction, the autobox is almost as fun as F1 or Egear. However, it leaps lightyears ahead in terms of producing reproducible results. I'm a shithead lots of times on the road, and I'll be the first to admit that I like making every red light a smoke show. Given that, the SLR was much more satisfying than dumping the clutch on the Murcie once or twice, then harshing from the looming repair bill.

The Murcielago was a fun car for its time, but its time has passed. And I mean that with the utmost respect to Murcie owners - hell, I've owned 2, so obviously I like the thing. But the bottom line is the SLR isn't even in the same category with the Murcie - it's just far more sophisticated and delivers power in a much quicker fashion.

And with that, I know this site has heard enough SLR fanboism, so now I'll shut the fcuk up!

The SLR really needs to be owned, to be appreciated. Everyone thinks its an autobox, what kind of involment can there be in driving it etc etc. You really need to own, spend time with it, and learn it. Awesome car..

No, please share your thoughts. There's not enough personal testimony out there about this beautiful car. Every bit is appreciated.

Awesome Allan, I love it.

Lamborghini just had nothing left to offer to him :lol: balllllin ....TT Gallardo I'm sure will have plenty to offer

The SLR really needs to be owned, to be appreciated. Everyone thinks its an autobox, what kind of involment can there be in driving it etc etc. You really need to own, spend time with it, and learn it. Awesome car..

I usually don't get involved in car wars but I feel like adding my 3 cents, SLR feels superior to Murcie in most aspects of performance except one and it's a big one, stability in high speeds.

It was extensively discussed by Allan and BMWRACER and kinda left forgotten, I had first hand experience too... Over 120mph the SLR feels like a soap bar on a beach ball.. :bj: while a Murcie feels like straight arrow, the directional stability of the SLR sucks balls but in every other aspect that I know of it's bitchin car.. I loved it.. :headbang:

I usually don't get involved in car wars but I feel like adding my 3 cents, SLR feels superior to Murcie in most aspects of performance except one and it's a big one, stability in high speeds.

It was extensively discussed by Allan and BMWRACER and kinda left forgotten, I had first hand experience too... Over 120mph the SLR feels like a soap bar on a beach ball.. :bj: while a Murcie feels like straight arrow, the directional stability of the SLR sucks balls but in every other aspect that I know of it's bitchin car.. I loved it.. :headbang:

That was true, but remember I had the alignment adjusted. Afterwards, at say the 1 mile challange, 0- to 180mph the SLR was dead straight and rock solid.

That was true, but remember I had the alignment adjusted. Afterwards, at say the 1 mile challange, 0- to 180mph the SLR was dead straight and rock solid.

The car comes stock with a bad alignment job?

The car comes stock with a bad alignment job?

Mine did! Soon as i got the car I noted it was pretty twitchy. After a trip to the dealer we found out the alignment was out of spec.

nononnoononoooo. no way. at 120mph the car feels like its not even working. at 150 the car is still rock solid.

nononnoononoooo. no way. at 120mph the car feels like its not even working. at 150 the car is still rock solid.

At 180 it is rock solid too, I had it at 190 going around a slight bend, holding a camera in one hand!

thats nuts! i love it. and the car keeps pulling and pulling until you lifted. :icon_super:

Had the road been longer, it would of kept on pulling. And car was bone stock then.