Crazy1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

to me

Going to re-paint it to original spec and lose the chrome wheels?

Going to re-paint it to original spec and lose the chrome wheels?

No clue! The only actual photos of it I saw showed it either dirty or from the back. We'll see when it gets here in person. It was a fresh full repaint in January this year, so I'd be leaning towards not doing any paint work. I'm iffy on the stripe, we'll see when it arrives.

I did the paint and stereo work. Full custom repaint in five days was no easy task. I remember the project vividly. One friday night I walked into the shop and had ten different guys on the car. I believe we pulled an all nighter or three finishing the car. Than when complete it moved into the stereo department.

I have some pics somewhere I will ty to dig up for you.

Congrats on the purchase. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

No clue! The only actual photos of it I saw showed it either dirty or from the back. We'll see when it gets here in person. It was a fresh full repaint in January this year, so I'd be leaning towards not doing any paint work. I'm iffy on the stripe, we'll see when it arrives.

I would lose the stripe.

It's funny, I don't remember seeing a stripe on the car yesterday. Maybe it was vinyl and got removed.

Thanks Zen, good to see the paint master on the boards.

Allan: The stripe is what I am 50/50 on. Once I see it in person I'll know, its hard in photos that are more photoshop enhanced than actual pictures.

I like the chromed mayas rather than the black ones Wayne had. Will certainly keep the wheels as they are.

Thanks Zen, good to see the paint master on the boards.

Allan: The stripe is what I am 50/50 on. Once I see it in person I'll know, its hard in photos that are more photoshop enhanced than actual pictures.

I like the chromed mayas rather than the black ones Wayne had. Will certainly keep the wheels as they are.

The Mayas as a wheel are certainly nicer than the stock wheels, I just feel on that car all chrome is too much BLING. Id paint the centers black, keep the lips chrome. Nice contrast with the black roof. No stripe for sure.

Here are my suggestions as to what i would do If I owned your car. Looking at the following pictures:

1. I would repaint the LOWER portions of the body, the sideskirts back to the body color. Having them black gives the illusion that the body is sitting higher off the ground and makes the car look off balance. Then I would add a set of lower side skirts, if it were me I would do Jasons Superleggera sideskirts, but you could do anything... RSC,Miura COrse, Hamann, whatever.

2. Paint wheel centers black.

3. Remove stripe.

4. Smoke lights

5. repaint the upper portions above the front lights back to body color.

Then if it were me id add a front carbon lip, and do Jasons Superleggera diffuser. Im sure you can ask some people here to photoshop for you. Now as to the interior, didnt he do some wild stuff in there too?

Lambostrip.jpg

Who cares what the car looks like? Its all about the power of the TT V10. Congrats on the purchase. I have seen the car in person and everything looked pretty good to me, except the wheels. I prefer the Callistos. But its all a matter of taste.

Aaron

Who cares what the car looks like? Its all about the power of the TT V10. Congrats on the purchase. I have seen the car in person and everything looked pretty good to me, except the wheels. I prefer the Callistos. But its all a matter of taste.

Aaron

:lol2: You contradicted yourself on that one....

:lol2: You contradicted yourself on that one....

Haha, not really. I was talking about in reference to the color scheme. I would still be a lot happier to drive that car with those wheels than any other non TT G.

Aaron

Haha, not really. I was talking about in reference to the color scheme. I would still be a lot happier to drive that car with those wheels than any other non TT G.

Aaron

:icon_mrgreen: That I can agree with.

Here are my suggestions as to what i would do If I owned your car. Looking at the following pictures:

1. I would repaint the LOWER portions of the body, the sideskirts back to the body color. Having them black gives the illusion that the body is sitting higher off the ground and makes the car look off balance. Then I would add a set of lower side skirts, if it were me I would do Jasons Superleggera sideskirts, but you could do anything... RSC,Miura COrse, Hamann, whatever.

2. Paint wheel centers black.

3. Remove stripe.

4. Smoke lights

5. repaint the upper portions above the front lights back to body color.

Then if it were me id add a front carbon lip, and do Jasons Superleggera diffuser. Im sure you can ask some people here to photoshop for you. Now as to the interior, didnt he do some wild stuff in there too?

That's what makes this an unknown project. In that strip of 5 photos, only the first and last part are actual photos. The ones in the middle are photoshops.

When you say smoke the lights, you mean the front headlamps? The middle photoshops show non smoked, yet photo #1 the lenses are clearly smoked already.

Isnt this fun not knowing wtf I bought and me not knowing either? :)

That's what makes this an unknown project. In that strip of 5 photos, only the first and last part are actual photos. The ones in the middle are photoshops.

When you say smoke the lights, you mean the front headlamps? The middle photoshops show non smoked, yet photo #1 the lenses are clearly smoked already.

Isnt this fun not knowing wtf I bought and me not knowing either? :)

Actually no, because I was going by the first and last pics, also the one from where it is in the shop. I would not smoke the front lights, just the rear. If the front is already smoked by anything other than tint, I would just leave it.

the paint scheme was very well thought out. i was apprehensive at first, but gave in and am glad i did. we were very happy with the final product. the wheels are however, terrible. mayas are the worst crap on the planet. i wouldnt sell mayas to my worst enemy. I had them on my cl65 and my e55. aweful.

this car needs black hre's.

a word of advice. get new tires before any high speed runs. even if you run the same wheels for awhile, go get new tires for them. please

• 2 weeks later...

sorry off topic. What is the average gas mileage or miles on a tank are you turbo guys getting?

According to the trip meter, its roughly 190 miles to a tank if you drive like a puss, which I have been the first week of ownership. I think the tank is 22 gallons-ish.