Horror Espada...

cowchaser

Hah, the pedestrians must have been pretty damn dedicated to ignore your 2-seaters when they'd have to shout to maintain a conversation over the engine noise....

Do you know if the accelerator issue was ironed out later in the Miura's lifespan, or was yours an SV? And, last question I promise, just how comfortable do you find the Countach?

My Miura was an early P400, so there may have been improvements in that area by the time the S and SV were introduced.

As for the CT, once I figured out how to adjust the steering wheel, and how to slide my ass down in the seat, I am actually pretty comfortable. Yes, the clutch, shifter and unassisted steering are firm, but not as bad as the Top Gear wimps would have you believe. The only problem I have is the oppressive heat inside the cabin anytime it's more than 80 deg F outside. The 5000S 2V cars (and I think all pre-QVs) only have two small vents in the center console, that if the system was fully charged with R12, might keep your knee cool. I plan to redo the leather on my dash at some point, and I'm strongly considering adding the two outside vents like in the QVs.

My Miura was an early P400, so there may have been improvements in that area by the time the S and SV were introduced.

As for the CT, once I figured out how to adjust the steering wheel, and how to slide my ass down in the seat, I am actually pretty comfortable. Yes, the clutch, shifter and unassisted steering are firm, but not as bad as the Top Gear wimps would have you believe. The only problem I have is the oppressive heat inside the cabin anytime it's more than 80 deg F outside. The 5000S 2V cars (and I think all pre-QVs) only have two small vents in the center console, that if the system was fully charged with R12, might keep your knee cool. I plan to redo the leather on my dash at some point, and I'm strongly considering adding the two outside vents like in the QVs.

Thanks for answering :), the Countach is pretty much my dream car.

• 3 weeks later...
The Miura was a much more fragile car than the CT. The things that stand out in my memory are that the whole bonnet would shake at speed, the cabin was more cramped, and the accelerator pedal was actually rotated past vertical toward the driver at idle, so anything but full throttle was uncomfortable. The engine noise was louder in the cabin than the CT because the engine is much closer to the driver. The CT is quicker and feels much more like a real car. But the Miura was gorgeous.

My front bonnet never shaked. However, I am sure it was modified to prevent that issue. I never thought the engine noise was loud.

Yes, the Countach is designed much better than the Miura - aside from the poor visibility and placement of the gas, clutch, and brake pedals.

My first vintage lambo drive was an Espada. The car was silver over blue leather. I was 20 years old and took a job as a book-keeper for a local repair shop while finishing school. Best 2 years of my life. I owned a 76 3.0 Carrera with a bad oil leak - working for the shop was the only way I could afford to fix it at the time. We had that car for a month. The owner tells me that if we start the car we must drive it. Well, I opened the shop every morning at 7 am. I could not wait to get to work, the sound of that V12 early in the morning. I drove that car every morning for almost 2 weeks. The driving position, the sound, the angle of the wheel, and those webers!!!!! Like nothing I had ever seen or heard. I have had Ferrari's and yes they are nice but nothing comes close to Lamborghini, - The total package.

A very nice Jarama is available locally. I wonder if I need to add this car to the team?

I wish I could have my hands on one of the earlier Lambos, to go for a drive in it, to experience what Lamborghini was all about. Sadly none of these older exotics in Singapore

Yes, the Countach is designed much better than the Miura - aside from the poor visibility and placement of the gas, clutch, and brake pedals.

:eusa_think: Pedal placement? Aside from them being very close together, necessitating narrow driving shoes, I find them much better placed in the CT than the Miura. The only thing I wish is the windows rolled down all the way so I could get some airflow. It's too hot in AZ. :eusa_wall:

IMO, the Espada is one of the best looking classic cars out there, not only has it aged very well, but nothing else in the 2+2 market from that era comes close to it in the looks department.

Not even this?

post-1098-1220825568_thumb.jpg