Which is faster?

ostoneman

In a straight 997 tt would win the tip does 99mph in 7.8sec, GT2 does a 100mph in 8.3 but on track the GT2 would win imo.

I would say the 997 tt. A much much easier car to drive very quickly. 996 GT2's are known for killing people.

Sure the 0-100 time from a stop, but the tip tt is hard to beat off the line by ANY car, pulling a 3.4s to 62. But the gt2 is not easy off the line, and so from a roll I reckon the Gt2 might well take it. Its lighter, and in its last incarnation was more powerful and lighter than the current tt...so it kinda makes sense.

The tip goes officially to 62 in 3.7, tbh there is not much in it 2wd verse 4wd, so from 0 997 easier to get off line, especially if tip, no much in difference in power, however as you rightly say on a roll the weight of the GT2 may have it. An average driver will be better of in the 997, I haven't driven the GT2 so can't really compare to the turbos i've driven.

If you're used to the 993/996 tt's....the gt2 feels (and is) much faster. It just pulls and pulls through the gears, from what i remember, second is just silly...but great fun.

If you're used to the 993/996 tt's....the gt2 feels (and is) much faster. It just pulls and pulls through the gears, from what i remember, second is just silly...but great fun.

GT2 rocks :icon_super:

In a straight 997 tt would win the tip does 99mph in 7.8sec, GT2 does a 100mph in 8.3 but on track the GT2 would win imo.

:iamwithstupid:

997 TT vs 996 TT...Not much between them so i reckon GT2 would be about on par...

If it comes down to decide which car to buy, I would purchase an uncrashed GT2.

The 996 GT2, is a much more focused car - just my opinion.

In addition, good 996 GT2 cars have stabilized in price. The 997 TT, is in the process of losing a lot of value. The 996 TT, is still losing value.

If it comes down to decide which car to buy, I would purchase an uncrashed GT2.

The 996 GT2, is a much more focused car - just my opinion.

In addition, good 996 GT2 cars have stabilized in price. The 997 TT, is in the process of losing a lot of value. The 996 TT, is still losing value.

I agree. Porsche made thousands of 996 TT's and will make thousands of the 997 TT. The GT2 limited production and it's rather hairly reputation will always make it worth more.

However I suspect in the real world a 996tt or a 997 tt is a faster point a to point b car for an average driver. Both cars are incrediblely easy to drive very quickly.

I suspect that 993 TT's will eventually be worth more than either the 996/997tt's because they made a lot less and it has the cache of being of last aircooled turbo Porsche, plus they look great.

993 TT, has a cult following. Good original unmodified examples of these cars, will only increase in value over the next few years.

The 993 TT like the 6.0, is considered by quite a few, to be the last of the breed ! Mikey agrees :icon_mrgreen:

993 TT, has a cult following. Good original unmodified examples of these cars, will only increase in value over the next few years.

The 993 TT like the 6.0, is considered by quite a few, to be the last of the breed ! Mikey agrees :icon_mrgreen:

993TT also looks better

a 993 GT2 is a COOOOL car :icon_super:

I haven't driven a 997tt but do have some seat time in the 996tt and GT2. If the 997tt is anything like the 996tt it's fast and pretty easy to drive right up to the limit. But overall the GT2 is a much more raw, fun, and driver's car.

Better looking......not faster. Creepy handling at the limit.

I'd dissagree, in standard non xpack form the 993tt is just as fast.