Murcielago replacement

topjay

I still think the first orders for the new flagship will be delivered in 2011, maybe fall 2010 at the earliest. Such an important car will need a lot of testing, we'd have seen something of it by now if it was due out within the year.

ok here is my prediction:

They will start the production in September 2011 as a MY2012.

The demand for the LP640 is still very strong.

Don't think that they have made any final decision regarding the engine.

Mako ??? What's your prediction ?

2011 it should be out. They plan on launching the LP640SV next March so it wont be so soon till for the next replacement, hence 2011.

2011 it should be out. They plan on launching the LP640SV next March so it wont be so soon till for the next replacement, hence 2011.

So you agree with my prediction; out fall 2011 as a MY2012 ?

why March? we have been seeing a lot of stuff pointing to the Paris show, which is in October, right?

here's my professional prediction :icon_mrgreen:

-later this year or early 09, the LP6xx SV/SL will be released as an MY2010 car

-later in 09 in Frankfurt, the LP560 Roadster will be revealed also as an MY2010 car

-in Geneva show 2010 the Murcielago replacement is revealed as MY2011 or in Frankfurt 2011 the car is revealed as an MY2012

why March? we have been seeing a lot of stuff pointing to the Paris show, which is in October, right?

-later in 09 in Frankfurt, the LP560 Roadster will be revealed also as an MY2010 car

-in Geneva show 2010 the Murcielago replacement is revealed as MY2011 or in Frankfurt 2011 the car is revealed as an MY2012

I was told that it would be next year March by the agent here.

Has it been confirmed the LP560 will be a roadster not just a convertible?

Also the australian importer told me it would be geneva and he has also seen the car.

I can see alot of manufacuters moving away from larger displacment engines, and backing down the horse power due the ever increasing pressure for more fuel efficient vehicals. Many manufactuers are going the route of power to weight raito's. Making the vechicals lighter which means you need less hp inrder to deliver the same level of performance with less fuel consumption and less hp.

Ferrari from what I have been reading may do away with the big v12 for their next supercar, and go back to a twin turbo v8 powering a very light platform. I can see Lambo and other supercar compnies going the same route.

I can see alot of manufacuters moving away from larger displacment engines, and backing down the horse power due the ever increasing pressure for more fuel efficient vehicals. Many manufactuers are going the route of power to weight raito's. Making the vechicals lighter which means you need less hp inrder to deliver the same level of performance with less fuel consumption and less hp.

Ferrari from what I have been reading may do away with the big v12 for their next supercar, and go back to a twin turbo v8 powering a very light platform. I can see Lambo and other supercar compnies going the same route.

Lamborghini's CEO, Stefan Winkelman, has already announced their strategy for future vehicles. He said Lamborghini is not concerned about the green movement. He said they will continue to use V12 engines. The following AUTOBLOG entry contains detail from an Automotive News article:

How can a company like Lamborghini be expected to adapt to tightening emissions regulations? It's a reasonable question, and according to the company's chief executive Stephan Winkelmann, it simply can't. In an interview with Automotive News, the supercar exec justifies that its production is so limited and its vehicles are so rarely driven that its overall environmental impact is negligible. As such, Lamborghini will not be switching to downsized engines, like Ferrari has been discussing.

Winkelmann also reiterated that Lamborghini is not interested in significantly boosting production, or in developing SUVs or four-seaters. Business as usual, then, for the Raging Bull, and you know what that means: powerful, loud, exotic supercars that you can't get your hands on... and hopefully, neither will the bureaucrats.

Lamborghini's CEO, Stefan Winkelman, has already announced their strategy for future vehicles. He said Lamborghini is not concerned about the green movement. He said they will continue to use V12 engines. The following AUTOBLOG entry contains detail from an Automotive News article:

How can a company like Lamborghini be expected to adapt to tightening emissions regulations? It's a reasonable question, and according to the company's chief executive Stephan Winkelmann, it simply can't. In an interview with Automotive News, the supercar exec justifies that its production is so limited and its vehicles are so rarely driven that its overall environmental impact is negligible. As such, Lamborghini will not be switching to downsized engines, like Ferrari has been discussing.

Winkelmann also reiterated that Lamborghini is not interested in significantly boosting production, or in developing SUVs or four-seaters. Business as usual, then, for the Raging Bull, and you know what that means: powerful, loud, exotic supercars that you can't get your hands on... and hopefully, neither will the bureaucrats.

Trouble is they will find a way to impact Lambo one way or another. All it takes is a governing body not to allow such a car to be sold because of its fuel consumption and so call environmental impact.

You know as well as I that when it comes down to it, most of these car on average use less fuel then the average commuter car over the course of a year. Mainly because they are driven less. But the yo-yo's that run the EPA don't see it this way. They look at the numbers and that's it. If they can stop a limited production car from entering the market because of airbags, they can do it because of fuel consumption as well.

• 1 year later...

My prediction is..... 2011 as a 2012 model. 6.0 v12 direct injection, 3350 lbs, new electronic awd ala nissan gt-r, Heads up display, maybe a dry carbon tub (hope so)!!!

that would put it at 32xx lbs I read they are keeping the single cluch, bad move since the best e gear was worse than ferrari's f1 shift, and they ditched that for the 7 speed dual cluch. Night and day difference. I hope they cave to the pressure and offer a strong 7 speed.

And room for larger tires on the front to help understeer. 10 inch wide, 285 on the front. Same as the zr1. If they could get the weight to zo6 levels? 3170 or so?? 690 hp would be fantastic!!!

They need to step it up!!! The enzo replacement comming, the carrera gt replacement, the zonda replacement (to be sold in the us) Plus the new lexus lf-a just being released, the ferrari 458, the Mclaren mp-whatever and even the lp 560!!!!