Rolex Deepsea - Hot or not

morgan

One of the local watch guys posted this on another forum. So....

Rolex Seadweller Deep Sea. Real life scans. Hot or not?

Personally, I can't pull it off, looks way too big on my wrist.

Morgan

100_1555c.jpg

100_1560c.jpg

Honestly speaking that watch is hot....Rolex over time keep there value and thensome....

Imo rolexes will never go out of fashion...i see a trend right know of peple buying panerai and breitlings....i am one of those people but rolex will always be a rolex...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I also have a sub. I like the case diameter of the new Deep Sea, but it stands about an inch tall off the wrist, and that part I think would bother me.

I will never buy another brand of watch as I know Rolex will always be worth what I paid for it, or more.

I would say no...that style is really getting dated, it still looks like something right out of the mid 1970s.

I have had quite a few Rolex watches, I worked my way through college as a watchmaker, working mostly with Rolex, they are not the best watches, but here in the US you can trade them like gold and thats why dealers love them.

of course I am more of a fan of panerai, IWC, and patek

I've had a few Rolex's. Had a Sub for 8 years and sold it for $1k than I paid for it. Never had a problem, kept good time.

Currently have a GMT.

From a dealer perspective Rolex watches are certainly traded at very fixed prices, and most dealers (non authorized) carry Rolex inventory. As for being boring - i agree - even though I do LOVE Rolex from a business perspective.Vintage Rolex models are very very nice, and I certainly enjoy handling and dealing in the higher end models.

Anyways.... The market right now seems to be beating up most brands on resale value. :(

M

• 1 month later...

I love this Seadweller! I'm still a fan of the style, call me old-fashion minded.

But, I wouldn't be able to pull it off either. Too big for my wrists; it would look silly for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
a friend of mine just sold his unworn deep sea which he bought a month ago for $8900 at $7000. the demand on the rolex is not as it used to be

Holy shit!!! I would love to find a Deep Sea for $7000. I love this watch! I love it more than Hublot BB or AP ROO! AP does nothing for me and Hublot BB is OK, but it will feel played out quick once it's on my wrist for too long. Deep Sea can be timeless, IMO.

John

• 2 weeks later...

IMO... not hot.

I like Rolexes for what they are, but too many people seem to think they are something they aren't. They aren't the top end of watches... they are sort of like the Mercedes of watches, not the Bugatti of watches. IMO, Rolex as a brand and in terms of quality, allure, and desirability aren't fit to ride the jock of Audemars, IWC, Patek, Panerai, etc.