It's Official, SLR Vbox times

VBUGKING

I am not sure if you are asking if I am done because you think that I have the Lambopower Vbox? If that is the case, sorry but the Vbox I have is my own. I am not sure where the Lambopower Vbox is. If not, then my mistake :)

I am interested in seeing what numbers your car will run.

Aaron

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so it concludes that:

with new tires the SLR and LP640 reach the 1/4 in the same time while the SLR is going 3 mph quicker. while the LP640 is a bit quicker to the 1/4 by a couple tenths and 2-3 mph slower when the SLR is on stock tires.

and from a roll 60-130 the SLR is 1.5 cars lengths ahead.

thanks for taking the time to do all this, but im sure it wasnt boring or anything ;)

What it concludes, is that someone like yourself, as a magazine racer would honestly not have a clue as to exactly how much faster an SLR is in the real world. You look at numbers, numbers which dont express the real potential.

First off, you are only looking at a specific set of numbers. The true fact is that in any race from 1mph on .. the SLR will walk away from the LP to any given speed. With these recent numbers in a sprint from 0-100mph, the SLR makes up almost a .4 sec 0-60mph advanatge the LP had, and clips off another .35 on its way too 100mph. Thats making up over 7/10ths of a second in a 0-100mph run. Thats why when the magazines got 0-60 in 3.4 sec, on a street start the LP got over 4.0 sec to 60mph. The SLR's street start was identical to its 0-60.

Same goes for the 60-130 time, where on his first shot the SLR was 6/10ths faster. What if the speed measured was 40-130? 20-150? or even 60-150mph? The reality is that in a 1mph to 130mph the SLR would reach the time over 1second quicker than the LP, and would continue to open more of a lead. The reality is the SLR's power makes the Lp laughable.

I agree that the SLR is noticeably faster than the LP640 in every real world situation. The only thing that keeps the LP competitive from a stop is an extreme launch and awd. I know that's hard for non owners to understand, but in reality, owners are not going to launch their LP like that. That goes for egear or 6speed. The SLR on the other hand is easy to launch over and over again with no issue whatsoever. The traction control even keeps the tires from wearing out too quickly. That being said, the Lp640 is definitely more exotic than the SLR, but in this day and age more owners want exotics that come with less headaches, thats where IMO the SLR and Gallardo shine.

Aaron

Decided to see if I could do any better with the SLR in cooler weather today. Temp was 53 degrees. After heating up the Toyo tires, I did 1 run. That ended up being all I needed to do. Sport mode and traction control on. I still got some traction control interference at launch and after it shifted to 2nd gear.

0-10 0.4

0-20 1.0

0-30 1.5

0-40 2.1

0-50 2.7

0-60 3.3

0-70 4.0

0-80 4.9

0-90 5.9

0-100 6.9

Vmax 105.3mph

Accel Distance results

Distance() Time(s) @Speed(mph)

0-60' 02.0 38.2

0-330' 05.0 80.7

0-660' 07.4 104.5

Aaron

post-6539-1226360349_thumb.jpg

Decided to see if I could do any better with the SLR in cooler weather today. Temp was 53 degrees. After heating up the Toyo tires, I did 1 run. That ended up being all I needed to do. Sport mode and traction control on. I still got some traction control interference at launch and after it shifted to 2nd gear.

0-10 0.4

0-20 1.0

0-30 1.5

0-40 2.1

0-50 2.7

0-60 3.3

0-70 4.0

0-80 4.9

0-90 5.9

0-100 6.9

Vmax 105.3mph

Accel Distance results

Distance() Time(s) @Speed(mph)

0-60' 02.0 38.2

0-330' 05.0 80.7

0-660' 07.4 104.5

Aaron

Very nice! Put that in the LP640 pipe and smoke it! Wheres Vroom and Lambornima? :icon_butt: On drag radials youd go 10's stock.

Very nice! Wheres Vroom

:fart: Here!!

Congrats Aaron, fantastic job!!!

Only wish you could have run the LP640 at the same time, place/// :icon_mrgreen:

Good job Aaron. You are the man for making all that data gathering. Thanks a lot for sharing and being so precise with weather/road conditions, tires, car settings, etc.

The SLR is one badass car, especially in black. Superb achievement by MB and Mclaren.

• 1 month later...

My SLR is finally getting the Renntech mods done. It was put on the dyno today for some stock baseline numbers. 540rwhp/547rwtq is what the car put down stock. Will be interesting to see how much power it picks up with this 722hp package that consists of pulley, ecu, and intercooler upgrades.

Aaron

My SLR is finally getting the Renntech mods done. It was put on the dyno today for some stock baseline numbers. 540rwhp/547rwtq is what the car put down stock. Will be interesting to see how much power it picks up with this 722hp package that consists of pulley, ecu, and intercooler upgrades.

Aaron

Be sure to let us know! :icon_thumleft:

Aaron

Nice numbers! I cant wait to see what it does after!

are torque and power subject to equal drivetrain losses? Mclaren say the SLR makes 620 ish hp with 575 ft-lbs. but the dyno says the car is making more torque than hp... how does that work?

are torque and power subject to equal drivetrain losses? Mclaren say the SLR makes 620 ish hp with 575 ft-lbs. but the dyno says the car is making more torque than hp... how does that work?

Its also the dyno. I think on alexs dyno my car rated at just under 500ft lbs.

• 3 weeks later...

My Renntech SLR was dyno'd yesterday. Tuner did 3 pulls in a row with a short cool down in between without shutting the car off, and it put out virtually the same numbers each time Car made 600rwhp and 600rwtq SAE corrected. Car actually made 610rwhp and 610rwtq, but the SAE corrected brought them down to 600/600 since the dyno was done in cool air. The torque figure is very good, strongest I have seen on an SLR. I am very pleased with the results and cant wait to get the car back. Hopefully this weekend if the weather cooperates.

Below is the Dyno sheet.

Aaron

post-6539-1231869752_thumb.jpg

Excellent numbers! :eek3dance:

Thanks!

Aaron time for some new VBOX numbers.

I will definitely get some new 60-130mph Vbox numbers once I get it back.

Aaron