Jay Leno on Ferraris

Falken

NOTE: The following was origanlly posted in the general topic forum on Ferrari Chat (yes i browse) by member Ernie. I just thought it was interesting/humorus especially to the Lambo crowd here.

Well I just got back from my lunch break. I was at a local news stand and who do I see. None other than "The Tonight Show" host Jay Leno. He was right in the same section I was, the automotive magazines. Well we all know that Jay doesn't have any Ferrari's. I have alway been curious as to why. After introducing myself to him I say "I'm a fellow car buff. I was just wondering why you don't own any Ferrari's?". Jay replies, "Cause they are a pain in the a$$." To which I agreed, and told him that he wasn't the only one that got treated this way. Jay then said, "Don't get me wrong I like Ferrari's and think they are a great car. But every time I go into a dealership they automaticly slap more money on the price. That's just bullsh!t." Again I agreed. "The other thing," He continued, "is that if I walk into a Porsche dealer these guys go out of their way to help me. They give me little books, pamphlets, mail me info, show me the cars. But if I walk into a Ferrari dealership looking for a Daytona, I don't get the same treatment. I would like to get one but there is too much bullsh!t involved." He asked what kind of Ferrari I had, and I told him a 348. Jay was very nice and was even signing autographs for the people that stopped to ask for one. Before he left I told him about FerrariChat and invited him to stop bye. It was a pleasure to meet Jay, and heard it right from his mouth as to why he does own a Ferrari. He is a VERY big car buff and has an awsome collection, and the money too to keep a collection like that. It is sad that because of bad treatment from dealers he doesn't have a Ferrari in his collection. So listen up Ferrari. You guys really need to change your song and start treating people better. Especially us owners in the U.S.

Strong words coming from one of the worlds true car guys.

Did you read what i wrote at the top??? i said that i found this on Fchat. i didnt refer anyone anywhere...i simply copied and posted what was written by someone ON Fchat. They did the refering.

Yeah he has a few Muira's (at least two maybe three), i'm not sure about later models like Countachs, diablo's and Murci's. He seems to have a real soft spot for older cars...and only pics up a select few new supercars.

funily enough,

i am also aware Leno doesnt like Ferrari because of how they have treated him in past,

however i did note that one 1 clip on his site there was a 308 in the background.

funily enough,

i am also aware Leno doesnt like Ferrari because of how they have treated him in past,

however i did note that one 1 clip on his site there was a 308 in the background.

I dont think you have to put up with snobby dickhead dealers and their BS games to get a 308

:lol2:

• 2 weeks later...

I think Leno's anti-F dealership experience must stem from a long time ago and he's sticking to it...

The guy is a major celebrity of course and could probably get the dealership to close for him, lol.

Does anyone think that he could not get a new Ferrari at list price if he so wanted to?

• 3 weeks later...
Leno has a Miura, Espada, and a Countach

He also has an LM002. Theres a video floating around of him in it revving the engine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't find all my pictures that I took at his hanger, but you can see 3 lambos in the 2nd photo. He also has an Espada.

95230549405_0_ALB.jpg

96461549405_0_ALB.jpg

78777449405_0_ALB.jpg

I laughed...in one of his videos on his homepage he tells a quick story about pulling up somewhere in his Mclaren and a bunch of kids telling him that he should get rid of those ugly wheels and get some DUBs on that thing. If they only knew how many DUBs you could buy for a set of those "ugly" wheels.

Jay is an amazing guy and defins "True Car Enthusiast" I was fortunate enought to visit his garage and let me tell you ... I saw cars I never thought I would be lucky enough to see not to mention the array of motorcycles he has. The 308 he has at the shop is owned by someone that works there.... A lady to be exact. She supervises all projects there and knows ever car part ever made forwards and backwards. She is going to hate me for posting this but it's nice to know there are some chicks out there who know their S#$T.

I arrived at the shop around 4 and Jay showed up after taping around 5:30. He rolled his Denim sleeves up right when he walked in the door and headed right over to a Steam Engine project he had going on. He is reeaallly into steam engines. He offered me beverages, snacks anything to make me and my friend happy. He is an amazing person.

In regards to the McLaren he brought it out the Supercar Sunday in Woodland Hills for the second time last Sunday. He always shows up after everyone leaves. Jay likes to sleep in on Sundays and rightfully so. I think those pics posted above are the ones I posted on F Chat?? Sure look like it. Anyway, he loves that car and the detail the shop crew puts into that car really shows! He typically shows up at Super Car Sunday once a month.