RELIABLE CARRIERS, INC...

MANG

just to be specific, my complaint is with RELIABLE CARRIERS, INC. My mistake for not getting it right. It is YOUR COMPANY that gave ME the shaft!

Hey, I've got an idea, since you wouldn't be reasonable and discuss any of these issues on the phone, RE-READ them here along with everyone else.

You never spoke with me on the phone and this situation doesn't ring a bell with any of our dispatchers. If you have an issue with me or my company I reitireate my invitation to call me. If this is a legitimate complaint I see no reason not to call.

Tom Abrams.

You never spoke with me on the phone and this situation doesn't ring a bell with any of our dispatchers. If you have an issue with me or my company I reitireate my invitation to call me. If this is a legitimate complaint I see no reason not to call.

Tom Abrams.

NOTE, first he tried to make this a different company altogether = FAIL, NOW he is denying we spoke, and to be fair I was under the impression I was speaking to the boss man, whoever it was, was a complete ass, it may still be you, RECALL - you were pretty much unwilling to listen, so the phone conversation only lasted less than a minute and should have had you listening to me for much longer than that! I realized when you had me by my balls running around the country trashing my car for more than 3 weeks, I was at you and the POS driver's mercy, I could tell that is how you like it. When I threatened to withhold payment via the credit card company, I got some hard assed 'financial' guy from Reliable who wanted payment no matter what and his hardline quote went. "you got your car didn't you?".

You had multiple chances to be decent and now all of a sudden you want to talk. What if your 'attitude' surfaces immediately again when I try to discuss anything you don't want to hear? I am here sharing the story as a result of my last attempt to talk with you (or a representative from your company) and you didn't want to hear it, hung up, had me pretty burning mad, but you didn't care. I am REALLY active on a number of other exotic auto forums and so far just didn't want to come off like an idiot whining about your company everywhere, so I cut you some slack, but that is what these internet forums are for, ENTHUSIASTS can exchange 'story' with each other and when someone gets jacked, they can at least warn others. I trust the folks at Lambo-Power are going to have my back on this, they know me, know me as someone who displays a 'reasonable' attitude about things over a period of years.....How are you going to make this right now anyway? You only thought you had the last word AFTER you fked me over.

I'll PM you with my phone number and you can call and kiss my ass for a while if you want? You had me kissing yours, begging for you to treat me and my car with some respect and you FAILED! YOUR CALL. I doubt we would last 10 seconds on the phone - from what I remember, YOU don't seem to have it in you to listen?

I am posting this first in case the outcome goes as I expect, it is up to you to make the outcome better, you got it in you? And if you don't like being talked to with dis-respect, perhaps in the future you'll think about treating customers with some?

NOTE, first he tried to make this a different company altogether = FAIL, NOW he is denying we spoke, a

Never used them, no dog in the fight......but you named the other carrier as 'the one". I don't remember who I spoke to 5 months ago. I don't see anything malicious on his part nor do I see him trying to transfer blame (it was your words that were wrong). I also don't see how a mere complaint would have would have gone up to him but you do have his ear now, maybe you can use it.

EDIT::If you do talk to him, maybe you could lose the anger, it will get you further.

Never used them, no dog in the fight......but you named the other carrier as 'the one". I don't remember who I spoke to 5 months ago. I don't see anything malicious on his part nor do I see him trying to transfer blame (it was your words that were wrong). I also don't see how a mere complaint would have would have gone up to him but you do have his ear now, maybe you can use it.

EDIT::If you do talk to him, maybe you could lose the anger, it will get you further.

My anger comes from the fact that there are certain industries where you pay someone for a service and they really have you by the short hairs once they have loaded your valuable car on THEIR truck, then when they start failing to deliver anywhere near your expectations and you attempt to communicate that, they instead get defensive RIGHT AWAY and makes matters way worse, because they show disdain for you and now you are further worried they will harm your car. I bit my tongue then, and still got fked, AND they just nicked my credit card for payment, brought it all back up fresh in my mind. Do you want the driver of YOUR prized car unhappy with you WHILE he is in possession of your car, hell no! I tried kissing up, being nice, and attempting conversation, but was just dropped on my head.

deep breath...I do respect your point = taken :)

My anger comes from the fact that there are certain industries where you pay someone for a service and they really have you by the short hairs once they have loaded your valuable car on THEIR truck, then when they start failing to deliver anywhere near your expectations and you attempt to communicate that, they instead get defensive RIGHT AWAY and makes matters way worse, because they show disdain for you and now you are further worried they will harm your car. I bit my tongue then, and still got fked, AND they just nicked my credit card for payment, brought it all back up fresh in my mind. Do you want the driver of YOUR prized car unhappy with you WHILE he is in possession of your car, hell no! I tried kissing up, being nice, and attempting conversation, but was just dropped on my head.

deep breath...I do respect your point = taken :)

I know exactly how you feel. I had a dealership wreck my car while it was in for service. I had specifically stated 'no test drives' and it was on the work order. Then they called me and when I arrived, they started with 'You can use our phone in this office to call your insurance company'. Once something has happened, get over the anger quickly and work to right the wrong. Maintaining your composure will keep you rational and sane, it will also avoid even more gray hairs.

Wish you the best, hope all works out for you.

I know exactly how you feel. I had a dealership wreck my car while it was in for service. I had specifically stated 'no test drives' and it was on the work order. Then they called me and when I arrived, they started with 'You can use our phone in this office to call your insurance company'. Once something has happened, get over the anger quickly and work to right the wrong. Maintaining your composure will keep you rational and sane, it will also avoid even more gray hairs.

Wish you the best, hope all works out for you.

Thanks, your reply helps, I will give him/them the opportunity to discuss and if they are decent I will request this thread be removed completely. It was one of those situations where any one of us would have been agitated, you have to trust me on that or I wouldn't have ranted and raved on them. Nothing else I have done so far seems to matter with them? By the way, I have sent two PM's to the owner and nothing? I also tried to phone the number he left and it is a wrong number, but I did find the business card, phoned and got a recording, I did leave a message....

Here is the phone number...

734-453-6677

I have used these guys quite a bit and my partner has also. I am not sure what happened as I don't have all the facts. And in the case of any story there are always three sides. I would be interested to know all of them. If you saw or knew of the stuff that this company moved, well it would blow your mind... Mang, do you have pictures of this damage and dirty car and the truck that dropped it off and the like? I am super curious. Most times, on this forum when someone is wronged, they have documented what happened. I would be very interested to see what is going on. I use them, I should know what I might or might not be dealing with potentially.

I have no affiliation with them other than using them for a transport company and Tom treating me like gold. Mang, aside from seeing your posts on this forum I don't know you. I am not sure who here does. I know Tom through several business transactions with 100% satisfaction. For me personally, I need to see more to judge. I am NOT calling you a liar or questioning your integrity Mang, I just need to see it for my owns eyes to believe it because with the interactions I have had personally with this company I am in TOTAL AWE of what you have posted. I would hate to hear that this is truly the case. As for the name of the company, I can't imagine that you would have missed the big orange shiney trucks but can see how you would miss the name. I googled Reliable auto transport, the company that you mentioned when you started the post, and I came up with a million different hits.

Here is the phone number...

734-453-6677

I have used these guys quite a bit and my partner has also. I am not sure what happened as I don't have all the facts. And in the case of any story there are always three sides. I would be interested to know all of them. If you saw or knew of the stuff that this company moved, well it would blow your mind... Mang, do you have pictures of this damage and dirty car and the truck that dropped it off and the like? I am super curious. Most times, on this forum when someone is wronged, they have documented what happened. I would be very interested to see what is going on. I use them, I should know what I might or might not be dealing with potentially.

I have no affiliation with them other than using them for a transport company and Tom treating me like gold. Mang, aside from seeing your posts on this forum I don't know you. I am not sure who here does. I know Tom through several business transactions with 100% satisfaction. For me personally, I need to see more to judge. I am NOT calling you a liar or questioning your integrity Mang, I just need to see it for my owns eyes to believe it because with the interactions I have had personally with this company I am in TOTAL AWE of what you have posted. I would hate to hear that this is truly the case. As for the name of the company, I can't imagine that you would have missed the big orange shiney trucks but can see how you would miss the name. I googled Reliable auto transport, the company that you mentioned when you started the post, and I came up with a million different hits.

I didn't realize there were other trucking companies ripping off his name and using 'reliable', yes, I saw the big colorful truck logo and just remembered reliable, I do have all the documents and business cards and notes, etc. and am aware of the name of the company clearly now. Nice that Tom has loyal friends like you and nice that he is decent to you. I am not positive it is Tom and I voiced that, that I spoke with. I did speak with the driver and he was HORRIBLE, he is the one responsible for the problems, I have his name and remember him too well, the one phone call I made to try and get help and got shit on was placed to perhaps a 'Dave' or ? I would figure it out with some discussion with Tom, but he has not made contact yet, so we will figure it out. I PM'd you with my phone number since you said you want to discuss what happened, I am happy to share, but no more on here about it for now....and yes, I did take detailed photos, and I am not sure what to do about paint chipped where the knucklehead dropped the wing on top of the door. I don't know you either. Too bad you are taking more interest in this than the owner at this point?

I didn't realize there were other trucking companies ripping off his name and using 'reliable', yes, I saw the big colorful truck logo and just remembered reliable, I do have all the documents and business cards and notes, etc. and am aware of the name of the company clearly now. Nice that Tom has loyal friends like you and nice that he is decent to you. I am not positive it is Tom and I voiced that, that I spoke with. I did speak with the driver and he was HORRIBLE, he is the one responsible for the problems, I have his name and remember him too well, the one phone call I made to try and get help and got shit on was placed to perhaps a 'Dave' or ? I would figure it out with some discussion with Tom, but he has not made contact yet, so we will figure it out. I PM'd you with my phone number since you said you want to discuss what happened, I am happy to share, but no more on here about it for now....and yes, I did take detailed photos, and I am not sure what to do about paint chipped where the knucklehead dropped the wing on top of the door. I don't know you either. Too bad you are taking more interest in this than the owner at this point?

I will call you today. I have a lot less on my plate, I don't run a company with over 400 trucks on the road. Really, I do something very similar to a couple of board sponsors and have no affiliation. I also agree with you that this board is to help members find goods and services and vendors that are excellent with an excellent reputation. That is why when I saw someone that has handled me with kid gloves I had to come and say something. Kind of like the way that when I wanted an LP 560 bumper for the Gallardo Spyder that I just sold (the one that Tom transported for me to Miami) I sent Allan a text message and he recommended Herschel to me. He has, so far, been awesome. I am sure that when I get the completed product to my guy he is going to love it.

I will say though, if Tom's guy truly f-ed your car up, he has a full restoration facility at his disposal. I have had bad shipping experiences too man, I understand your plight. Truckers really have you by the minerals as they will just hold the car on the truck if you don't pay them. I can't speak for the guy that you spoke with, don't know who he is. I can only speak for Tom and the fact that he has just really exceeded my expectations of what a transporter is that I just cannot imagine this happening to you on his watch. That said, I have had people do things that worked under me that reflected poorly on me and it was how I handled it from there that spoke volumes. I hope that you and Tom get some resolution, he is truly a world class outfit. I would also round up all of your paperwork and all of the contacts that you had on this and make your case.

Also, as Jason said, what kind of car was it? I will call you later today.

hearing thsis crap makes me want to just rent a large trailer and truck in whatever city I buy my next car from and bring it home myself.

From what I'm reading this seems the best solution. You could make the delivery a fun mini vacay.

I have been using Reliable Carriers for many years now. They are the only transport company I will let handle my cars. I have reffered them to many friends as well. Never ever had a problem. They have transported my Lambo's, Ferrari's, truck loads to Monterey, and many other high end cars without any incident at all. They are top notch and I will only use them. My contact at Reliable has been AL and he has always been just awesome. Sorry to hear about your incident . We all cherish our cars very much. Hope you tried talking to them to resolve it.

Truckers really have you by the minerals as they will just hold the car on the truck if you don't pay them.

Guys just a heads up on the above and as an owner of a specialized trucking company called Sho-Moves Transportation Inc it is illegal for the carrier to hold any personal equipment or merchandise. However with that said if you signed a contract I am sure there is recourse for you to go back and sue them in court (extra Cost) for the damages caused from your instance.

For future reference to all members shipping their personnal vehicles it is best that you take before and after pictures on any vehicle shipment.

Being in the business I have seen fraudulant behaviour on both sides by saying damaged occured while in transport.

You as the customer should have received a full inspection report (walk around) prior to the car being loaded from the driver stating any prior scratches dents, etc. If you dont receive this then request it and if they still refuse then get someone else. My suggestion is to call Reliables insurance company as this should have been provided to you showing they were covered then you can also call the FMCSA to file a complaint against any trucking company and an investigation will take place however this does take time.

Just keep everything documented. Most carriers are hoping that the average public cannot afford legal counsel and will just walk away.

I am sorry to here your dillema and if you need advise PM me as I can help on some advise.

Thanks

update, I just spoke with Tom Abrams regarding this incident and unfortunately he has no recollection of my car, this situation, etc. but he did say he will look into it and we are going to discuss it further after the weekend.

Thanks to everyone for your concern, and I respect that MOST people have had positive experiences with Reliable Carriers.

I think Reliable Carriers SUCKS too.

I shipped my brand new Viper with them to Vegas for the VOI event. ALL the trucks were carring only Vipers, hundreds of them.

My car had about 200 miles on it, and it had scratches on it when it was delivered. Their only response was "it was like that when we picked it up". Despite that it was not on the pickup sheet (it was inspected and was in PERFECT condition), they refused to do anything, saying it was "normal wear and tear".

Cost me a few hundred to get it fixed. So F-them.

And not only me.... others had problems. There were DOZENS of cars that were found to be damaged upon delivery at the event. Jerry DeYoung had his GTS/R pretty heavily damaged requiring thousands of $$ to make it perfect (the way it was when they got it).

Go to Viperclub.com and do a search and you will see some of the horror stories that were posted.

Forget Reliable Carriers, there are MUCH better companies out there.

Intercity is MUCH better.

Horseless Carriage is MUCH better.

Gary Almond is MUCH better.

Why cheap out on delivery of an expensive car? So what if Intercity is $300 more or Almond is $500 more? It's worth it not to have these jokers touch your car.

I am just a dissatisfied customer. I will NEVER use Reliable Carriers again, and would NEVER recommend them. I have no affiliation with another carrier, this is just my honest story. Can those who are defending them say they have no vested interest in this? Perhaps cheap rates they want to maintain?

Do a search on Reliable Carriers on the Viper forums and you will read the stories.

I think Reliable Carriers SUCKS too.

I shipped my brand new Viper with them to Vegas for the VOI event. ALL the trucks were carring only Vipers, hundreds of them.

My car had about 200 miles on it, and it had scratches on it when it was delivered. Their only response was "it was like that when we picked it up". Despite that it was not on the pickup sheet (it was inspected and was in PERFECT condition), they refused to do anything, saying it was "normal wear and tear".

Cost me a few hundred to get it fixed. So F-them.

And not only me.... others had problems. There were DOZENS of cars that were found to be damaged upon delivery at the event. Jerry DeYoung had his GTS/R pretty heavily damaged requiring thousands of $$ to make it perfect (the way it was when they got it).

Go to Viperclub.com and do a search and you will see some of the horror stories that were posted.

Forget Reliable Carriers, there are MUCH better companies out there.

Intercity is MUCH better.

Horseless Carriage is MUCH better.

Gary Almond is MUCH better.

Why cheap out on delivery of an expensive car? So what if Intercity is $300 more or Almond is $500 more? It's worth it not to have these jokers touch your car.

I am just a dissatisfied customer. I will NEVER use Reliable Carriers again, and would NEVER recommend them. I have no affiliation with another carrier, this is just my honest story. Can those who are defending them say they have no vested interest in this? Perhaps cheap rates they want to maintain?

Do a search on Reliable Carriers on the Viper forums and you will read the stories.

Interesting that you stepped up with this. I am going to give the owner a fair shake and not comment again about them until he does his investigation, but why I say this is interesting, is my car (which was supposed to be loaded with care, and top bunked) arrived like I said covered with plastic sheeting over rain, soaking wet and dirty and bottom bunked UNDER a gaggle of dripping wet dirty Vipers!!! I shared this with the owner just this morning. :eusa_think:

ps, was there a big Viper event in October when all this drama of mine took place?

Interesting that you stepped up with this. I am going to give the owner a fair shake and not comment again about them until he does his investigation, but why I say this is interesting, is my car (which was supposed to be loaded with care, and top bunked) arrived like I said covered with plastic sheeting over rain, soaking wet and dirty and bottom bunked UNDER a gaggle of dripping wet dirty Vipers!!! I shared this with the owner just this morning. :eusa_think:

ps, was there a big Viper event in October when all this drama of mine took place?

Well, Reliable is the "official" carrier for the Vipers, so when they are delivered from the factory to the dealers, Reliable are ones used. There was no Viper event in October I know of.

Good luck dealing with Reliable. Their standard way of operating is to DENY DENY DENY. Before they even hear the story, they will deny it. It was almost laughable when I was dealing with them, I would be half way through the story and they would say "it was like that" or some other BS. It was obvious they weren't even listening to the story, just wanted me to leave them alone and they were going to deny everything.

If it was just my story, or just yours, you could chalk it up to a bad experience. But it's not just you or me, it is TONS of people.

Things got real nasty after the VOI event... I mean there were a lot of people with Vipers that were damaged, dozens. And Reliable basically told everyone to f-off.

Wait and see... this guy is trying to protect his rep online, but you will get nowhere. I hope you'll tell us the whole story when it's over, good or bad.

And remember, what they owe you is what you had before they touched your car, so paying half damage is not a fair solution. You should demand they "make you whole". Anything less means you got shafted.

Good luck.

They shipped some cars from me from FL to Vegas, and no issues, on time, no problems........... Not defending them by any means, but I had a positive experience. Hope yours gets resolved!!

Ben

• 1 month later...

fyi...the owner of this company who posted in this thread finally did talk to me, once briefly - when I phoned him, told me he was real busy and would investigate and look into the sequence of horrors his company provided me and like EVERYTHING associated with his company, no follow through, ignored my follow up phone calls (respectfully left him two personal phone messages), not a word again from him. And he wonders why he and his company get complained about?

One good complaint from a reputable member (or Ct or X-ct owner) is good enough

for me. I'll never use them. Which car was this with?

I used them once to ship my esprit. Some chick with huge tits got in the car from the window to unload it. It had a chip out of the door where someone had sprung the door and it over opened and dinged the fender. Not there before. Other than that it was ok.