New 2010 XKR

OC

Press release

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/10/detroit...itty-has-claws/

Performance and efficiency. These are the two cardinal attributes that all car designers are aiming for these days, and Jaguar is no different. For the last few years, the automaker's latest XK has relied heavily on its riveted and bonded aluminum-intensive architecture to achieve low weight, which is the first necessity for sporting credentials. For 2010, Jaguar is taking that successful formula and adding lots more power via an enlarged version of its AJ V8 engine. Direct injection, variable valve timing and a variable-geometry intake manifold all conspire to increase power to 510 hp while also having the desirable effect of improving fuel efficiency. Of course, an impressive engine is only a small part of the overall desirability of a new car, and Jaguar claims to have given its XK line, available in both a Portfolio model and uplevel R-model for the 2010 model year, a thorough freshening. So, what are they on about? Plenty, it seems. Keep reading.

The all-new AJ-V8 Gen III engines are the most efficient Jaguar has ever produced. They deliver significantly more power and torque than the previous generation of engines: 510bhp and 461lb-ft of torque in the new supercharged XKR and 385bhp and 380lb-ft in the XK Portfolio.

With the introduction of these all-new 5.0-liter direct-injection V8 engines comes a new level of performance for the XK, with improved acceleration from standstill and stunning in-gear acceleration times. All models are electronically limited to a maximum speed of 155mph, but the 0-60mph sprint for naturally aspirated coupe models falls from 5.9 to 5.2 seconds, while for the supercharged XKR Coupe, 0-60mph is reduced from 4.9 to 4.6 seconds.

jaguar_xkr_2010_opt_18.jpg

jaguar_xkr_2010_opt_02.jpg

jaguar_xkr_2010_opt_04.jpg

jaguar_xkr_2010_opt_07.jpg

jaguar_xkr_2010_opt_10.jpg

jaguar_xkr_2010_opt_12.jpg

jaguar_xkr_2010_opt_16.jpg

jaguar_xkr_2010_opt_14.jpg

jaguar_xkr_2010_opt_20.jpg

jaguar_xkr_2010_opt_22.jpg

jaguar_xkr_2010_opt_23.jpg

jaguar_xkr_2010_opt_28.jpg

jaguar_xkr_2010_opt_24.jpg

jaguar_xkr_2010_opt_01.jpg

jaguar_xkr_2010_opt_03.jpg

I think it looks great. I saw an XF last week end and that was a BEAUTIFUL sedan IMO.

Beautiful car, although other than the bigger front corner scoops, not much different from the current model. If the Fisker Karma S is not released by or within 2011-12, this will most probably replace my wife's CLK.

Beautiful car, although other than the bigger front corner scoops, not much different from the current model. If the Fisker Karma S is not released by or within 2011-12, this will most probably replace my wife's CLK.

That Fisker is Uber cool! I see Styling from the 8C, Maserati and Benz SL. Fabulous combination!