Dyno run of my 08 LP640 Roadster

TommyJames

two different dynos, great looking numbers, actually insane.

i wish other ones did too, theres probably a lot to be said about how many miles you have done and the engine being thoroughly broken in

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

two different dynos, great looking numbers, actually insane.

i wish other ones did too, theres probably a lot to be said about how many miles you have done and the engine being thoroughly broken in

Yea, I have no idea how this translates to shaft HP as I've heard so many different points of view. I'd just like to know how my numbers compare to other LP640s. The car has always felt better as I put on the miles.

Hi Tommy

They have your Vin wrong. 1 extra 9

Maybe that's the problem my LP640 runs to fast yours Dynos to high it seems to be screwing up peoples opinions of those old slow LP640s. :eusa_think:

Hi Tommy

They have your Vin wrong. 1 extra 9

Maybe that's the problem my LP640 runs to fast yours Dynos to high it seems to be screwing up peoples opinions of those old slow LP640s. :eusa_think:

Yea, I think you're right. I had someone argue that my last Dyno results were too high, that I should have used a Mustang. I told the guys at this location about my previous numbers and they said I should see lower results by about 2% because their Mustang ran on the conservative side. Yet, here I am, now higher than the last run and I've yet to get an accurate number to use for power loss from the shaft. They were suggesting 17% yesterday which would put me at about 672.4 at the shaft.

Yea, I think you're right. I had someone argue that my last Dyno results were too high, that I should have used a Mustang. I told the guys at this location about my previous numbers and they said I should see lower results by about 2% because their Mustang ran on the conservative side. Yet, here I am, now higher than the last run and I've yet to get an accurate number to use for power loss from the shaft. They were suggesting 17% yesterday which would put me at about 672.4 at the shaft.

Generally AWD should be 18-22 17 is low are they adjusting to weather 60 deg. 29.92 Bar. 0 Hum. That helps compare from 1 day to the next. What gas was in the car for the tests.

Generally AWD should be 18-22 17 is low are they adjusting to weather 60 deg. 29.92 Bar. 0 Hum. That helps compare from 1 day to the next. What gas was in the car for the tests.

I started with 92. They were talking about boosting it to 94, but I don't think they ever did, given how much gas was already in the tank.

• 2 weeks later...
It also has to do with AWD and rwd calibration. But cool for taking it to the dyno!

Agreed, 15% and %22 are quite a bit different when assuming crank hp.

Good numbers never the less!!!

• 5 weeks later...

It is alway a mater of what type of dyno has been used.

I put the 560 on two different AW dynos within two weeks and had a whp difference of 85hp! (376 and 461 at the wheels - crank hp was 543 and 546)

After resetting the throttle body positions and taking off the insulating material from the factory air filters, the car made 552 crank hp.

BTW:

If you are frequently driving long distances in very high speed ranges or if you are only driving around town, the ecu reduces the 100% opening position of the throttle bodies. It can be reseted by doing a high speed run over several miles and than stopping the car without turning the engine off. after some minutes, the rev number slightly changes up and the ecu resets the throttle body angle.

It is alway a mater of what type of dyno has been used.

I put the 560 on two different AW dynos within two weeks and had a whp difference of 85hp! (376 and 461 at the wheels - crank hp was 543 and 546)

After resetting the throttle body positions and taking off the insulating material from the factory air filters, the car made 552 crank hp.

BTW:

If you are frequently driving long distances in very high speed ranges or if you are only driving around town, the ecu reduces the 100% opening position of the throttle bodies. It can be reseted by doing a high speed run over several miles and than stopping the car without turning the engine off. after some minutes, the rev number slightly changes up and the ecu resets the throttle body angle.

I don't understand, your crank HP it was only 3 HP difference when your AW was 85 hp apart the dyno only reads aw the crank is just a mathematical calculation of the aw hp. Makes no sense.

Different calculations on different systems I guess.

Many people post whp numbers and then start calculation what the crank HP 'might' be. but they all seem to work different.

People are talking about LP560s with 600 bhp - by now I have seen five different LP560s on the dyno and only one of them reached a total of 560 crank hp.

Also the slip, friction, temperature vary so much that the whp on the dyno never matches the whp you get on the street.

It is also the measuring method: on the first dyno, they made full throttle pulls. On the second, they moderately accelerated in different gears over a small width of the rev band.

The two dynos I had the car on were a TÜV certified unit from a vehicle engineers office(high whp numbers) and the second was one of the technically most advanced systems in europe. I drove 600miles from home just for putting the car on this dyno.

After asking about the low whp, they told me that the whp values should not be taken too serious, because the whp numbers on these runs just cannot show the car's real power potentioal you have on the street due to several factors.

What I also don't understand: why measuring RWHP on a stock AWD car. This is a normal measuring method - yes - but: it doesn't technically match the power numbers your car puts to the ground on a regular street. There, a normal Lambo puts the power to all four wheels, so the drivetrain loss changes.

Please correct me, if I went wrong on this one.

• 3 weeks later...
Different calculations on different systems I guess.

Many people post whp numbers and then start calculation what the crank HP 'might' be. but they all seem to work different.

People are talking about LP560s with 600 bhp - by now I have seen five different LP560s on the dyno and only one of them reached a total of 560 crank hp.

Also the slip, friction, temperature vary so much that the whp on the dyno never matches the whp you get on the street.

It is also the measuring method: on the first dyno, they made full throttle pulls. On the second, they moderately accelerated in different gears over a small width of the rev band.

The two dynos I had the car on were a TÜV certified unit from a vehicle engineers office(high whp numbers) and the second was one of the technically most advanced systems in europe. I drove 600miles from home just for putting the car on this dyno.

After asking about the low whp, they told me that the whp values should not be taken too serious, because the whp numbers on these runs just cannot show the car's real power potentioal you have on the street due to several factors.

What I also don't understand: why measuring RWHP on a stock AWD car. This is a normal measuring method - yes - but: it doesn't technically match the power numbers your car puts to the ground on a regular street. There, a normal Lambo puts the power to all four wheels, so the drivetrain loss changes.

Please correct me, if I went wrong on this one.

I am assuming people are doing this because they don't have a AWD dyno?

Chassis dynos are never real accurate anyhow, I have seen a 40hp difference in readings just from different dyno settings.

What really matters is the track, or the vbox accel times..

I used an AWD dyno both times on my car. What I hear over and over again, no matter what results I get, someone says, "You should have used a ..... then it will be accurate..." as if that isn't the goal in the first place. The fact is there is a lack of dyno data listed here to have any comparable meaning. I don't care what V-Box numbers someone gets or any dyno numbers unless the database here grows enough so that we have something to truly compare and contrast against baseline for both dyno and V-box so that we can compare one against the other. It would help a lot if people would stop criticizing results and simply put up their own numbers. Only then will we know when something is really in error, or noteworthy.

• 1 month later...