Took the wife and Lambo to the track...

So I went to this track event in Norway and tried out the Diablo on track for the first time. Sooooo much fun and also a bit scary. Huge mix of cars and although we had plenty of different Lambos signed up it turned out I was the only one except for Frank Sinatras beautiful Miura which we never got to see actually driving. Learned a lot about my car and it´s behaviour under somewhat faster than normal driving and also got to experience the importance of a cool down lap when it comes to brakes which totally faded after standing still on idle for about 5 minutes to let all the fluids cool down. Did not think about the hot brakes boiling the brake fluid. When pulling up to the nearest cars I almost ran into them before I understood what was going on and found the parking brake. Apart from that little incident everything worked out great and we had some good instructors on hand to give us some hints and show us the ideal line.

Great fun the whole weekend and already looking forward to the next one...

Rudskogen_2009_012.JPG

Rudskogen_2009_012.JPG

Now that looks like a fun as hell day!! Great mix of cars and seems like a great bunch of drivers as well. I'm itch'n to hit the track again soon, but have to deal with break-in for the next 1000 miles first :eusa_wall:

Now that looks like a fun as hell day!! Great mix of cars and seems like a great bunch of drivers as well. I'm itch'n to hit the track again soon, but have to deal with break-in for the next 1000 miles first :eusa_wall:

Well stop typing and go out driving! :D

Looks like an very nice event, with nice atmosphere and alot of different cars

When pulling up to the nearest cars I almost ran into them before I understood what was going on and found the parking brake.

I seriously hope you didn't pull the parking brake and leave it on after the session...

nice to see something other than a Murci or Gallardo at the track.

How was the temp of the car?

Temp was absolutely normal on the water side, (I´m in celcius) 85 to 90 and oil crept up to a high of 130 during the most fierce stint. After cool down lap it was back to somewhere around 95 to 100 and then to normal after idleing 5 min. Great in my opinion!!

I seriously hope you didn't pull the parking brake and leave it on after the session...

no no no, just used it to stop the car from doing something really unplanned and expensive...