Tire Help Gallardo What is the widest you can go on a 2004 gallardo?

iamadesifob

Stock Wheels..

Let me be more clear...

The fronts are the same as the factory but how far can i go wide on the back factory?

305?

325?

355?

On the stock wheels?? It's probably going to be tough to get more than a 305 on it without it looking silly. For aftermarket wheels, since you can change offsets, you 'could' go 325 or maybe even larger - but at that point they may start sticking out the wheel wells like some ghetto hooptie.

On the stock wheels?? It's probably going to be tough to get more than a 305 on it without it looking silly. For aftermarket wheels, since you can change offsets, you 'could' go 325 or maybe even larger - but at that point they may start sticking out the wheel wells like some ghetto hooptie.

:iamwithstupid:

So suppose i do go 305 30 19 .....it not going to mess up the awd or anything of that sort?

Is there any rubbing?

You might have to go 305/25/19 to keep the rolling diameter closer to the fronts. Go to 1010tires.com and use their calculator to see if you will be ok.

So suppose i do go 305 30 19 .....it not going to mess up the awd or anything of that sort?

Is there any rubbing?

Any time you go with tires other then what the car came with stock you open the door for AWD issues I have had multy G have issues. Not all will but some do.You must ask yourself Do you and you check book feel lucky?

No first-hand experience, but here's a technical response. The 305/30R19 is 26.3" while the 295/30R19 is 26.1" (same PZero Corsa line). With very low profile tires, the diameter changes little with width. I do not think that 0.2" is going to be a problem. The difference between a new street tire and one at the wear bars is typically 10/32" - 2/32" or 1/4" radius or 1/2" diameter. In other words, your tires change diameter 1/2" from being new to being worn anyway. I think I read that Gallardos wear their rears 2X the fronts, so I'm assuming your fronts are stock and probably 1/2 worn. If you are running PZero Rossos, I saw that the specs on the 305/30R19, if you use the Porsche N1 variant, are 26.1". The treadwear is 220 which may be more favorable compared to 5-year old (slightly harder) fronts if they are 160. I forgot which tires are stock on 2004 (and you may not even be running them).

If you are putting the new tires on the stock rims stay with the same size 295 that it came with. The 305 will have a little rollover the rim look to it instead of the flush rim to tire look it has now.

On the back, I'm running Michelin PS2's 295/30 ZR19 R01 (Audi spec) on the street and PZCorsa 305/30 ZR19 N0 (Porsche spec) on the track - both on factory rims. I stick with the standard 235/35-19's on the front. The 305/30-19 PZCorsas are a bit unusual in that they are exactly the same number of revs/mile as the PZRosso 295/30-19 factory rubber. I've actually measured the circumference with a tape measure to confirm this.

The profile of the two are shown below. Both tires are a bit more "broad shouldered" than the PZRosso's, but I think the 305's look just fine on the factory rims.

wheels1.JPG

Safely and whats recommended is 305. I'm sure you can go a bit wider, it starts throwing the diameter off I bet.

Safely and whats recommended is 305. I'm sure you can go a bit wider, it starts throwing the diameter off I bet.

295 is factory rec.

On the back, I'm running Michelin PS2's 295/30 ZR19 R01 (Audi spec) on the street and PZCorsa 305/30 ZR19 N0 (Porsche spec) on the track - both on factory rims. I stick with the standard 235/35-19's on the front. The 305/30-19 PZCorsas are a bit unusual in that they are exactly the same number of revs/mile as the PZRosso 295/30-19 factory rubber. I've actually measured the circumference with a tape measure to confirm this.

The profile of the two are shown below. Both tires are a bit more "broad shouldered" than the PZRosso's, but I think the 305's look just fine on the factory rims.

wheels1.JPG

I do agree both the pics of your set up look good. I had 305's ( pzero rosso) and it looked nothing like as good as that.

I run 305/30/19's on the rear of my Superleggera, standard size fronts. Works very well on road and track.

Pirelli Corsa R's - best road legal tyre that money can buy for a Gallardo.

• 5 months later...
I run 305/30/19's on the rear of my Superleggera, standard size fronts. Works very well on road and track.

Pirelli Corsa R's - best road legal tyre that money can buy for a Gallardo.

I find my 06 Gallardo has more understeer than oversteer and was actually considering putting wider front tires on stock rims. Why put wider on back when car seems to need wider fronts? Are you doing it for looks and straight launches? How wide of a tire can be put on a front stock rim? Stock front size is 235/35ZR19. I put wider front and rear tires on my stock BMW M3 rims and it made a big difference and kept the car well balanced front to rear in corners.