Fabspeed Cat Bypass Pipes & LOC Catback...

el_chorizo

I've not yet had time to film any medium to high RPM runs, but the exhaust sounds AMAZING. I'm very happy with the purchase decision. If it was any louder, it would be too loud... but I also would not want it quieter. It's just right. No check engine lights so far and I've put a couple hundred miles on it so far.

I will get some in-car footage as well as outside footage showing WOT etc... I hate free-revving my cars so this is only up to about 3200 RPM's max. I've had an 04 with a Tubi catback and would say that I like the LOC much better, especially at WOT and high RPM... it has a higher pitched sound, more F1 like which is fine with me. Plenty of rumble down low as well though.

Wanted to update the thread with more info. The complete LOC exhaust system weighed 23 lbs when it arrived at the door... that includes the large box and all packing materials. It is super light. The build quality and welds were amazing. The inner welds were all grinded down to make sure there were no air flow disruptions.

Here are some pictures.

The system was purchased from JeffLambo on the site here and I feel it was a more then reasonable price and the exhaust arrived early... gotta love that service. Thanks Jeff (http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showuser=12887)

post-19671-1243463617_thumb.jpg

post-19671-1243463622_thumb.jpg

post-19671-1243463628_thumb.jpg

post-19671-1243463633_thumb.jpg

Wanted to update the thread with more info. The complete LOC exhaust system weighed 23 lbs when it arrived at the door... that includes the large box and all packing materials. It is super light. The build quality and welds were amazing. The inner welds were all grinded down to make sure there were no air flow disruptions.

Here are some pictures.

The system was purchased from JeffLambo on the site here and I feel it was a more then reasonable price and the exhaust arrived early... gotta love that service. Thanks Jeff (http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showuser=12887)

Congrats! Sounds very good. The LOC system looks like straightpipes almost.

Yup, there's not much to the mufflers. I think it's _just_ enough to make it perfect.. there are of course crossovers & x-pipe built into the system too which is neat.

Our exhaust sound alot better then straight pipes and work better. The small cans are to help control poping on decell, in the center the pipes merg

which equals out exhaust pulses between banks for better torq, the small pipes are to make the sound what we want. Are Diablo and Murcielago

exhausts are very similar.

I'm a little out of the loop....

Will this exhaust still be available with LOC being out of business?

yes, Jeff can get you one at any time. More videos on the way guys!

Looks like LOC changed their design over the years. I bought mine early in 2006, and the pipes loop up over the cat inlet and the exit droops down to the exhaust tips. It also attaches to the top muffler supports. Yours comes out of the cats and loops down under the inlet and has less of a droop to the exhaust exit. Here's a comparison (I rotated el_chorizo's photo to try to put it in the same orientation).

DSCN4594.JPG

loc1.jpg

Also, what's the big piece of sheet metal for? Is it a heat shield for the transmission?

The early LOC systems (like mine) cleared the gearbox by quite a bit. I bet the new version comes a lot closer.

DSCN4670.JPG

Yes changed the loop and what mounts they go on. This way the same exhausts work with the spyider also. Yes it is a heat shield felt it was to close not to have one.

I'm lazy. I haven't had my camera with me and filming by myself is not that easy :) I'll get something soon. Trust me, high RPM/throttle is amazing and this clip does not do the system justice...

Another video, still waiting on the ones from the digital cams, but here's one from a cell phone that has decent sound quality (shitty vid though)

Sounds awesome !

Did you have the stock exhaust with open valves before this mod ?

I was thinking about LOC or Larini but just did the simple mod and cant imagine how aftermarket could be.

Cant wait to see more vids

Sounds awesome !

Did you have the stock exhaust with open valves before this mod ?

I was thinking about LOC or Larini but just did the simple mod and cant imagine how aftermarket could be.

Cant wait to see more vids

I did have the stock exhaust with the open valve mod. The sound difference is unreal. The stock system was okay at high RPM/WOT only. Down low it didn't sound mean at all, and the idle and start up sound were very poor. The new system sounds great under all conditions and especially at mid to high RPM and at WOT it's just an ear piercing scream.

As far as Larini vs. LOC -- I think the Larini sounds good too based on the videos I've seen, but the price difference is giant and I just don't see the system being much better, since the LOC is practically straight pipes with no mufflers anyway... just the crossover/x pipe which I'm not sure the Larini has.

I'm not giving up on you yet. Please upload the *Real* videos.

You can't post up an exhaust setup like this and not post some videos of it in action beyond what amounts to a teaser! :D

• 2 weeks later...