First impressions driving the new SV

exterior.

Allan charges me for emoticons and letters. I try and keep it brief because I am cheap.

That's a shame because, yes, you are very cheap.

And yes, I agree the exterior two-tone is awesome.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for putting together the event Tom! It was an incredible day!!! Look forward to the next ones... I heard they may be coming up in September. Is that true? Possibly in Orange County too??

Thanks for putting together the event Tom! It was an incredible day!!! Look forward to the next ones... I heard they may be coming up in September. Is that true? Possibly in Orange County too??

Yes, there will be an event in Orange County in September. Stay tuned!

So Tommy, are you getting one? Keeping the Roadster if you are?

I'm still thinking about it. I LOVE my roadster and the feeling of driving the car in the open air with the sound coming from the engine and the wind at high speed. Driving the roadster reminds me of riding a sport bike and I don't want to give it up, so the SV would be an addition. I'm not so interested in taking a bath on two new cars so it depends on overall demand for the SV. While I expect both to depreciate, it's really the speed of the loss that gives me pause. Furthermore, as I've said in the past, I don't see the SV as a car I'd want to use on a date. It's too extreme. It would look out of place in front of a nice restaurant, sort of like bringing a Nascar to dinner, while the Roadster doesn't look nearly as foreign in front of a nice restaurant or hotel. For that reason I'd want to have both. There are a lot of things to like about the SV yet I do see it as a brand extension and not something to replace the LP640. For the price difference, I'd have a hard time justifying the LP640 coup compared the LP670 but for the roadster it still has a place and having both would give me a terrific combination so that's why it's getting serious consideration. D, I really think you will LOVE the SV as you and I have talked and I've read your posts over the years, I think it won't disappoint.

I'm still thinking about it. I LOVE my roadster and the feeling of driving the car in the open air with the sound coming from the engine and the wind at high speed. Driving the roadster reminds me of riding a sport bike and I don't want to give it up, so the SV would be an addition. I'm not so interested in taking a bath on two new cars so it depends on overall demand for the SV. While I expect both to depreciate, it's really the speed of the loss that gives me pause. Furthermore, as I've said in the past, I don't see the SV as a car I'd want to use on a date. It's too extreme. It would look out of place in front of a nice restaurant, sort of like bringing a Nascar to dinner, while the Roadster doesn't look nearly as foreign in front of a nice restaurant or hotel. For that reason I'd want to have both. There are a lot of things to like about the SV yet I do see it as a brand extension and not something to replace the LP640. For the price difference, I'd have a hard time justifying the LP640 coup compared the LP670 but for the roadster it still has a place and having both would give me a terrific combination so that's why it's getting serious consideration. D, I really think you will LOVE the SV as you and I have talked and I've read your posts over the years, I think it won't disappoint.

I am definitely on the verge, Tommy. As you know, I have two options, and I still haven't decide which one I want!

I am definitely on the verge, Tommy. As you know, I have two options, and I still haven't decide which one I want!

3 letters.....

D L M

:icon_mrgreen: :icon_thumleft:

I know you like six speed and I don't want to rehash the argument, but the new shift speed on the e-gear is very impressive on the SV. Also, they said publicly in our breakfast event that adoption of six speed manual in many markets has now dropped to zero. They see a day when nobody will want it. I strongly suggest driving the 560 or SV with the faster shifts and make your decision after that. Hard to say if your car will have better or worse resale as the number of cars with six speed decreases.

I know you like six speed and I don't want to rehash the argument, but the new shift speed on the e-gear is very impressive on the SV. Also, they said publicly in our breakfast event that adoption of six speed manual in many markets has now dropped to zero. They see a day when nobody will want it. I strongly suggest driving the 560 or SV with the faster shifts and make your decision after that. Hard to say if your car will have better or worse resale as the number of cars with six speed decreases.

Im gonna agree. this will more than likely be my last 6 speed.

I am not fundamentally against 6-speeds; I just haven't driven a Lambo with an E-gear I could stand. If I could drive the SV with the E-gear, I would be able to make a better decision.

so are the shifts on the SV significantly quicker than the lP640? with the LP560 lambo highlighted the quicker shifts pretty clearly on their press release, yet not much was mentioned for the SV. looking back to Aaron's VBOX graph, it read that the shifts were about 0.3 seconds :o it takes 6 times longer for an LP640 to shift compared to a Scuderia :s

so are the shifts on the SV significantly quicker than the lP640? with the LP560 lambo highlighted the quicker shifts pretty clearly on their press release, yet not much was mentioned for the SV. looking back to Aaron's VBOX graph, it read that the shifts were about 0.3 seconds :o it takes 6 times longer for an LP640 to shift compared to a Scuderia :s

It felt quicker but we are talking milliseconds and it's difficult to quantify the difference without more time in the car.

There doesn't really need to be an argument - its what each individual prefers. Just becuase the car shifts faster doesn't make it better. I prefer a 6 speed manual because of the way they drive. To me (yes, my opinion) I like the skill and finesse it takes to drive the car smoothly in a 6 speed manual. To me (yes, my opinion) I find egear to be boring. There won't be a day when nobody will want a 6 speed manual because I always will.

I drove the SV the same day TommyJames did. After seeing the car in January when we visited the factory it was an amazing experience to actually get in it, and drive it. I agree with Tommy about the low RPMs - my Murci has LOC exhaust and feels more powerful. Above 5000 RPM like Tommy said, the car comes alive. Put an exhaust on the SV and not only will it sound awesome it will perform even better.

As for the seats, I don't think I could sit in the car for an all day drive. I would prefer that the seat back adjusts and they felt a bit narrower than the seats in my Murci.

I'm a 34 and I was fine in the seat, but you do feel like you are in a bucket. Not bad for some, but if it were me I'd see about a standard seat option or order the car with the understanding that if you don't fit you can somehow swap them out.

Tom, the reason the seat may be too tight is because it was meant to be driven NAKED!

—Vic in Seattle

• 1 month later...
Tom, the reason the seat may be too tight is because it was meant to be driven NAKED!

—Vic in Seattle

:iamwithstupid: