murcie stereo POS-need info for new system!!

ratedx

Hello-Wow! my 03 murcies stereo is a pos! Ok My car is in central nj and looking for a installer! anyone know any one?? Also is there ny recommendations on a proven sound system without cutting up the car?? Any good links also would be helpful!

Hello-Wow! my 03 murcies stereo is a pos! Ok My car is in central nj and looking for a installer! anyone know any one?? Also is there ny recommendations on a proven sound system without cutting up the car?? Any good links also would be helpful!

I just had mine done. I went with the new Kenwood flip-out KVT-614, Focal 165-KRX2 speakers, 2 US Amps X50 mounted in the front boot (I had to remove the storage shelf), and I also removed the storage unit behind the passenger seat and had a 12" sub enclosure mounted with a 12" Kicker CompVX sub.

System sounds fantastic and wasn't a terribly difficult install.

I'll try to post some pics.

Custom sub-woofer panel? what is involved getting wiring to the trunk area for the amp?

Custom sub-woofer panel? what is involved getting wiring to the trunk area for the amp?

This one is very similar to the one I had made, but mine takes a 12" sub. Realistically a 10" should do the job just as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lamborghini...1171|240%3A1318

As far as wiring goes, I didn't do the install, but my guy told me there was nothing tricky and he had it done in 1 1/2 days start to finish.

Ok-I went ahead and purchased the 10" sub woofer box-what else should I get ??

I upgraded standard stereo to pop out / flip up Kenwood; sounded great, but couldn't live with it as it blocked the heater controls, had to retract screen each time I wanted to change the A/C. Upgraded again to the double din unit as fitted to the 640s. A bit of cutting required, but the best solution by far. I'll post some pics when I back home. Focal speakers are the right choice too, plus I replaced the speaker cables to the doors, that was the most difficult part of the job !.... 10" sub is fine, made up an enclosure myself.. the rockford sub I used needs quite a volume behind, so didn't enclose enclosure if that makes sense,

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 09 LP640 and the stereo is absolute crap. Not sure if I have it set up properly but it sure sounds like shit. Does anyone have any recommendations on what I can do to improve the sound for a 09 model?

I got the iPod connection interface from the factory. My iTouch works but my iPhone will not load into the head unit.

Doesn't really matter because the stereo sounds like someone is bashing tin cans with a stick. The stereo system in the MY09 LP640s really sucks imo. There are buttons on it that are so freaking small I can't even read what is on them. The screen is utter shit also. I would have thought that the screen would be of a higher resolution. It's all very disappointing but I guess it's okay because I love the car.

I will be taking the car in to get this shit stereo system sorted out soon.

• 1 month later...

Benkei, let me know what you end up doing. I agree the kenwood system sucks.

Orion

I got the iPod connection interface from the factory. My iTouch works but my iPhone will not load into the head unit.

Doesn't really matter because the stereo sounds like someone is bashing tin cans with a stick. The stereo system in the MY09 LP640s really sucks imo. There are buttons on it that are so freaking small I can't even read what is on them. The screen is utter shit also. I would have thought that the screen would be of a higher resolution. It's all very disappointing but I guess it's okay because I love the car.

I will be taking the car in to get this shit stereo system sorted out soon.

I installed a set of Hertz Mille components in the doors and a ten inch Hertz sub behind the passenger powered by an Audison 5.1k amplifier. System absolutely rocks in the car now.

the stereo sounds like someone is bashing tin cans with a stick.

LOL, I had a system installed in my Murci a few months back. Completely changed the driving experience.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...c=40404&hl=

GoldStar audio in Irvine did the work, top quality components and very reasonable rates.

Only took them 2 days to it.

Benkei, let me know what you end up doing. I agree the kenwood system sucks.

Orion

I ended up using a the top of the line Alpine head/Nav. Hertz Mille (MLK 165) speakers in the doors, Hertz sub-woofer behind the passenger seat in a custom cabinet and Audison amp in the front trunk space. I had a custom cabinet made right in the front the the trunk so I did not lose any storage space.

I had a set of Focal 165 K2Ps in front, a subwoofer box behind the passenger seat and an amp done in the front trunk.

Did exactly the same-could not be any happier!! Get it done and changes the whole driving experience!!

Benkei you have pics of it. I have the exact same setup in mine and LOVE EVERY MINUTE OF IT !!! What amp did u use. I am running an audison 5.1k

Ok, I'll take some pictures.

I'm not sure what the exact model is for the Audison amp.

Here are some pictures. I couldn't take a clear picture of the amp because you cannot lift the luggage compartment high enough.

IMG_1006_1.JPG

IMG_1008_1.JPG

IMG_1013_1.JPG

IMG_1014_1.JPG

I took out the factory Kenwood head/Nav and replaced it with an Alpine one.

Looks great.. Here are some shots of mine. I did a Mille sub in my car tho. I also removed the luggage compartment and made my own rack this way there is even more room in the trunk.

IMGP0884.jpg

IMGP0891.jpg

I've been told that adding an amp/sub can cause problems with the Murci electrical system. Is this true?

If you add a high current amp you probably will be taxing your OEM alternator....

What are the alternators rated at in Murcielagos? Anything below about 80-90A may be cause for concern if you want to go crazy with amps.

I've been told that adding an amp/sub can cause problems with the Murci electrical system. Is this true?

I used to install car stereo's and i cant possibly see why?

as long as you take the power from its own source at the battery, i dont see what problems there could be?

there are always issues with airbags etc, but i dont expect you will be going anywhere near them in a Murci, its not like it has any in the doors (do they?)