Saw the LP670SV at the TopGear fiming today

dtrax

It's quite a good show this week

... and they had the LP670SV on it with some amazing bits of film

Anyone care to guess what time it got on the track ?

As a clue I think some of the die hard Ferrari fans on Fchat will be in for a bit of a shock with which car it drew with

Took about 4 hours to film - quite interesting to watch

It's really edited - lets put it this way Clarkson swears more than Gordon Ramsey

At the very end they have a race between a Veyron and McF1 - they had a Veyron in the studio where the owner looked about 20

IMG00223-20090624-1702.jpg

I love the news bit. Can you get Top Gear on DVD over there? I just seen it over here at London Drugs in Canada and it was season 10 on dvd(not blu ray(gay)) but it was 42 freaking dollars. Bit steep for a tv show just on dvd. Must be nice to be 20 driving a Bug. Wonder what his first car was.

So is that your SV? LOL

nice..i do hope the SV is somewhere near the Enzo time or something.

*edit* WOW!!!!!! checkout that building kit in the background of a Lotus!!!! SO SICK!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/powerlaps.shtml has the existing power laps.

I'm guessing the SV isn't quite up there with the FXX, so 1min 19?

Can you get Top Gear on DVD over there? I just seen it over here at London Drugs in Canada and it was season 10 on dvd(not blu ray(gay)) but it was 42 freaking dollars. Bit steep for a tv show just on dvd.

No, Top Gear has horrendous coverage when it comes to home media over here. There's no season 10 DVD in England - or indeed any season. All we've got are a couple of highlights compilations (there's a DVD of a few of the crosscountry races, for example).

I don't know the reason for this - and I'm incredibly surprised to hear you've got a better situation overseas - but I would bet it's to do with difficulties in negotiating music rights. Just about every snatch of music you hear in the show is a sample of a song, rather than something composed specially - in a couple of episodes I was watching the other day I noticed bits of songs by Nine Inch Nails, Prodigy and Aphex Twin, for example.

Guest skokos
1.15 same as the Enzo

WOW!! Way faster then I would have guessed just because of the size of the Murci

The Top gear site says that the Enzo did 1:19 around the track and the FXX 1:10?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/powerlaps.shtml

Ferrari FXX 1.10.7

Gumpert Apollo 1.17.1

Ascari A10 1.17.3

Koenigsegg CCX (with Top Gear spoiler) 1.17.6

Pagani Zonda F Roadster 1.17.8

Caterham R500 1.17.9

Bugatti Veyron 1.18.3

Pagani Zonda F 1.18.4

Maserati MC12 1.18.9

Ferrari Enzo 1.19.0

Ariel Atom 1.19.5

Lamborghini LP560 1.19.5

Ferrari Scuderia 1.19.7

Nissan GT-R 1.19.7

Lamborghini LP640 1.19.8

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/powerlaps.shtml has the existing power laps.

I'm guessing the SV isn't quite up there with the FXX, so 1min 19?

No, Top Gear has horrendous coverage when it comes to home media over here. There's no season 10 DVD in England - or indeed any season. All we've got are a couple of highlights compilations (there's a DVD of a few of the crosscountry races, for example).

I don't know the reason for this - and I'm incredibly surprised to hear you've got a better situation overseas - but I would bet it's to do with difficulties in negotiating music rights. Just about every snatch of music you hear in the show is a sample of a song, rather than something composed specially - in a couple of episodes I was watching the other day I noticed bits of songs by Nine Inch Nails, Prodigy and Aphex Twin, for example.

You can watch Top Gear for nigh on 12 hours a day on channel Dave :rolleyes:

FYI - All the shows music listings can be found here

http://forums.finalgear.com/top-gear-episode-songs/

DTrax - did they send any other cars around the track. I take it you got to see the UAE piece if so how well did the SV perform against the 722 and other cars on test?

Sorry typed it wrong - 1.19 same as the Enzo

WOW!! Way faster then I would have guessed just because of the size of the Murci

The Top gear site says that the Enzo did 1:19 around the track and the FXX 1:10?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/powerlaps.shtml

Ferrari FXX 1.10.7

Gumpert Apollo 1.17.1

Ascari A10 1.17.3

Koenigsegg CCX (with Top Gear spoiler) 1.17.6

Pagani Zonda F Roadster 1.17.8

Caterham R500 1.17.9

Bugatti Veyron 1.18.3

Pagani Zonda F 1.18.4

Maserati MC12 1.18.9

Ferrari Enzo 1.19.0

Ariel Atom 1.19.5

Lamborghini LP560 1.19.5

Ferrari Scuderia 1.19.7

Nissan GT-R 1.19.7

Lamborghini LP640 1.19.8

You can watch Top Gear for nigh on 12 hours a day on channel Dave :rolleyes:

Sure, but not everyone has digital or even freeview. And even for those that do, some might want to watch a particular episode whenever they choose, rather than adhering to a schedule. Plus, they have to trim the episodes down to allow time for adverts. Dave's constant airings of repeats doesn't nullify the potential for a DVD series to sell.

I should clarify - I don't care personally that Top Gear has virtually no DVD presence in this country, I was just pointing it out.

DTrax - did they send any other cars around the track. I take it you got to see the UAE piece if so how well did the SV perform against the 722 and other cars on test?

The filming in Abu Dhabi is fantastic

In the straight line race the 670 is beaten by the 722 - but I think that has more to do with the fact that Hammond is driving it

Anyway in good top gear tradition at the very end Clarkson asks Hammond if he would rather have a 670 or ZondaF Roadster - I mean ffs the Zonda is 3 times the price

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Ferrari FXX isn't street legal right? I was under the impression that their power lap bored was for road cars only. Great time by the SV regardless.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Ferrari FXX isn't street legal right? I was under the impression that their power lap bored was for road cars only. Great time by the SV regardless.

they say the fxx time doesn't count on this weeks show

they say the fxx time doesn't count on this weeks show

And the FXX was driven by MS - not "The Stig", whoever that is...