The new Gallardo 550-2

a007apl

There you go, check out the "strictly confidential" dealer selling points for both the LP560-4 and the LP550-2

picture24j.th.png

Translation:

"The LP560-4, offers performance supremacy and is designed for our typical douchebag customer who cant drive, but wants the fastest machine. The LP550-2 on the other hand is an enthusiasts/fun car, designed for those who can drive, ie your typical fcar, pcar (GT2, GT3) owner. Go get 'em boys!" :icon_mrgreen:

Heh, funny yet spot on!!!

"The 4wd customer is different from the 2wd client" Nuff said.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see... buyers of 4wd are "customers", while 2wd buyers are "clients".

...its good that they don't call them "patients"

They will soon be calling RWD buyers "plaintiffs". :icon_mrgreen:

I actually dont see what the problem is with rwd on a g... The 430 is just that... the 430S is also... I dont see too many plaintiffs with them... :) What I do think though is that it should have the trofeo body kit without the wing, lightened up like the superleggera and then that would be a proper Valentino edition. Just call it the 550-2VE(valentino edition). Oh and still keep that 219 msrp. that wouldnt be viewed as a cheaper version....

I actually dont see what the problem is with rwd on a g... The 430 is just that... the 430S is also... I dont see too many plaintiffs with them... :) What I do think though is that it should have the trofeo body kit without the wing, lightened up like the superleggera and then that would be a proper Valentino edition. Just call it the 550-2VE(valentino edition). Oh and still keep that 219 msrp. that wouldnt be viewed as a cheaper version....

Just a joke. :icon_mrgreen:

But I do believe that a Lambo buyers push their cars MUCH more than the typical 80-year old F-car driver who washes the car with a baby's diaper. More "Lambo destroyed on highway xxx..." press stories as people ball them up at a pretty frequent rate.

I wonder if the 550 HP rating was dreamed up to pacify any pissed-off 560 owners and the engine actually is not detuned but rather the exact same 560 engine.

They did the same thing in the opposite direction with the 640, 650 and 670 engines...

I wonder if the 550 HP rating was dreamed up to pacify any pissed-off 560 owners and the engine actually is not detuned but rather the exact same 560 engine.

They did the same thing in the opposite direction with the 640, 650 and 670 engines...

I was thinking the same thing............and I sure hope so. Either way, it should be an easy aftermarket tune back up to 560 specs, maybe more.

Was thinking about that this morning, it's likely. It's the cheaper solution, which is 100% what they're motivated by right now, to use identical units with no extra tuning or de-tuning cost.

Plus, throw in an articifically "slow" 0-100kph time and you have a good PR recipe for calming the rebellion of pissed-off LP560 owners.

I'm sure it will be a great car, my comments in this thread seem overly critical, but the frustration lies in what it could have been. Who knows, maybe they'll come out with the "Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-2 Valentino Balboni Superleggera" at some point. And I thought "Ferrari Enzo Ferrari" sounded bad as a model name...:icon_mrgreen:

I am quietly confident that most of you guys that are bitching now will be pleasantly surprised when the 550 blah blah blah comes out :icon_mrgreen:

I own a Gallardo converted to RWD, I am glad to see that they are making this car.

I am quietly confident that most of you guys that are bitching now will be pleasantly surprised when the 550 blah blah blah comes out :icon_mrgreen:

Was thinking about that this morning, it's likely. It's the cheaper solution, which is 100% what they're motivated by right now, to use identical units with no extra tuning or de-tuning cost.

Plus, throw in an articifically "slow" 0-100kph time and you have a good PR recipe for calming the rebellion of pissed-off LP560 owners.

I'm sure it will be a great car, my comments in this thread seem overly critical, but the frustration lies in what it could have been. Who knows, maybe they'll come out with the "Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-2 Valentino Balboni Superleggera" at some point. And I thought "Ferrari Enzo Ferrari" sounded bad as a model name... :icon_mrgreen:

I just checked and my friend who owns a Lamborghini dealership said he is very sure the 550 nomenclature is a marketing tactic and that it will be the 560 engine. Since we've already seen the motor throw up big numbers on dyno charts I suppose what we've got here is a 600 horsepower rear wheel drive Gallardo that should become a bit of a collector's item after the first 100 are written off :la:

I just checked and my friend who owns a Lamborghini dealership said he is very sure the 550 nomenclature is a marketing tactic and that it will be the 560 engine. Since we've already seen the motor throw up big numbers on dyno charts I suppose what we've got here is a 600 horsepower rear wheel drive Gallardo that should become a bit of a collector's item after the first 100 are written off :la:

OH MY!!!! YES.

Has anyone actually dyno'ed a 560's engine? If so, are you saying it made 600 crank hp???

The R8V10 has exactly the same engine as the LP560(and the 550) but is a LOT slower. It is simply a matter of dropping a different/slower tune into the ECU, no biggie, and no extra costs incurred. Take it for what it is worth, but the confidential dealer marketing info says the LP560 is faster. We shall see in the next couple of months.

I like it. I don't want to upset anyone, but I like the changes. I couldn't read the entire thread, what did the price

turn out to be? I do feel bad for new owners if it is indeed a lot cheaper than the other G's.

Man, in looking through that PDF it looks like they painted the cam covers and most of the engine in some ugly-ass, super-cheap-looking flat light gray. As if they're intentionally going out of their way to make it look cheaper . . . ?

:icon_pidu:

Has anyone actually dyno'ed a 560's engine? If so, are you saying it made 600 crank hp???

I have heard they dyno over 500 at the wheels...so yea, i think they are over the rated 560 crank.

I love my 08, but after driving the 560 and seeing the numbers they make it makes me wish I had grabbed one of those instead.

I don't particularly care if the 550-2 and the 560-4 have the exact same power rating. I expect Lamborghini to make improvement 'tweaks' to the car, just as they did with the first Gallardo. What got my goat (initially) was the rumor that the 550-2 was going to be priced $20k less than the just released LP560-4. But, as we know, that turned out to be untrue. I wish them luck with this edition. :)