Superleggera Production Number Plate

Pokie

Is there any reason why Superleggera doesn't have those limited production number plate mounted in the car? The only reason I can think of is to save weight (hehehe). I think we (Superleggera Owners) should write to the factory to demand those plate and install them as a recall item (just kidding). I have seen those limited production number plate on SE (special edition), Nera and the newest SV.

Haha yeah man. What's up with that? A little metal plate behind the driver seat is at most 2oz! Would be nice to have a number plate though..

Is there any reason why Superleggera doesn't have those limited production number plate mounted in the car? The only reason I can think of is to save weight (hehehe). I think we (Superleggera Owners) should write to the factory to demand those plate and install them as a recall item (just kidding). I have seen those limited production number plate on SE (special edition), Nera and the newest SV.

That's because the Superleggera is not a Limited Edition, it's a limited production. They just built less SL than standard G.

That's because the Superleggera is not a Limited Edition, it's a limited production. They just built less SL than standard G.

I don't see why they don't have Superleggera as a limited edition product while they consider Nera as one. Either way, I just don't see how any of them can escape the depreciation. Another observation, why are they making more LP 670-4 SV (350) than the Gallardo SE (250) as well as Nera (185) especially given the economy condition? I really don't understand the marketing behind Lamborghini sometimes and I really hope they focus more in dealer network development (more dealerships so we can service our car easier).

Pokie,

Where do you live? Here in Ca there's a pretty good amount of Lambo dealers.

I don't see why they don't have Superleggera as a limited edition product while they consider Nera as one. Either way, I just don't see how any of them can escape the depreciation. Another observation, why are they making more LP 670-4 SV (350) than the Gallardo SE (250) as well as Nera (185) especially given the economy condition? I really don't understand the marketing behind Lamborghini sometimes and I really hope they focus more in dealer network development (more dealerships so we can service our car easier).

• 4 months later...
Is there any way to figure out the production # based on the vin? i.e. 123 of 172 (in the US). By the way, anyone know the worldwide # produced?

Total worldwide is 350. Dealer can find out the production number for you.

You can't have exclusivity and a hundred dealers Pokie, if you did how would they make any money? Also, you live in NY, you have 4-5 dealers at your discretion. You have Manhattan, Champion, Kerbeck, Bergen County etc... I know they are not right next to each other, but within that radius that seems to be quite a bit as I think that they are within 100 mile radius. The more dealers you have, the more watered down the product becomes as you have to supply product for them to sell/survive.

As for making more SV than the rest, they make remarkably more money on those cars than the rest and it is likely to be the last special edition Murcielago/LP 640 ever produced. You have a very special car, and you know that, that should be what really matters right?