Tour de France has begun

IsleroMan

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just don't get how the tests can be seen as even remotely reliable. That stuff was found I the trash somewhere, right? Polypeptides? That covers a whole boatload of organic matter, and I would imagine they would find lots of DNA in the trash. Just seems like a stretch to me.

I think there is more to the story. they just have not released everything.

Dont you ever watch CSi? lol

When has the paper " Le Monde" been truthful? Believe 50% or less of what you read, that being said I am looking forward to the AMGEN tour coming by my place this spring....

When has the paper " Le Monde" been truthful? Believe 50% or less of what you read, that being said I am looking forward to the AMGEN tour coming by my place this spring....

I thought you were kidding with the "Amgen tour", but I googled it and it's real. Talk about irony - one of the largest biotechnology companies sponsoring a cycling race.

Tour of California is going to be really good this year too.

Udo, you going to be around in a couple of weeks

Yup, will be here through the end of January, then I head back to CZ for a while.

cool, come out to Russo and Steele and watch my car go bye bye

Do you know which day yours is going across? I will be there on Thursday, the 21st, when they host the local Lambo and F-car clubs.

Do you know which day yours is going across? I will be there on Thursday, the 21st, when they host the local Lambo and F-car clubs.

dont know yet. I will be there on the 21st for the Lambo night too.

• 4 months later...

AMGEN tour of California started yesterday, I watched stage 1 from 3 different places and the finish, if you have a chance to see a stage, check it out!

You saw a great finish and one of my favorite riders win it! Wish I was there.

Is Lance doing the Tour de France this year? If so, does he have a chance?

yes and yes

Recently he has been saying he doesn't think his chances are that good for a overall win but personally I think he is bluffing to throw off his competitors.

Also he is having a mountainbike race at his ranch in a week and a half. I'll be there and fully expect to win my class (that would make 6 wins in a row).

yes and yes

Recently he has been saying he doesn't think his chances are that good for a overall win but personally I think he is bluffing to throw off his competitors.

I hope you are right!

Is Lance doing the Tour de France this year? If so, does he have a chance?

yes and NO!

Recent publications could put a wrench into the RadioShack team and the director.

The competition is so far ahead of Lance this year. Contador is unbelievable impressive. Lance just does not have the strength, the recovery, or the acceleration he had, and no drugs he can take can make up for his age.

Contador is BS. That guy is bumping off the wattage rev limiter at almost 7 watts per kilo. Sorry, no 5'9" 140 pound guy is going to out TT the top TT guys in the world. I was an Alberto believer until that shit started happening. Too bad that Floyd didn't give him up too. Seems like the Spanish racers are all getting a pass. Hell, they haven't even stopped Alejandro Valverde from racing.

At the end, LA does not have a chance. I like him, like his image, like what he has done for the sport and what he has done to give hope to the masses with Cancer. Call him what you will, but he brings a lot to the table. He will get his uniball kicked in at the Tour, if he even goes now, by Alberto and the Schlecks, and Cadel and maybe even Basso. Jason is right, Lance is just too old to hold the top step. What he did last year was incredible and he far eclipsed what I thought he would do at that race.

Should be exciting though and at the end of the day that is what I am looking for. Maybe we can come out with an "unlimited" class where these guys can test tube themselves into oblivion and carry CERA in a water bottle. Wonder what the new time up the Ventoux would be then???

Contador is BS. That guy is bumping off the wattage rev limiter at almost 7 watts per kilo. Sorry, no 5'9" 140 pound guy is going to out TT the top TT guys in the world. I was an Alberto believer until that shit started happening. Too bad that Floyd didn't give him up too. Seems like the Spanish racers are all getting a pass. Hell, they haven't even stopped Alejandro Valverde from racing.

At the end, LA does not have a chance. I like him, like his image, like what he has done for the sport and what he has done to give hope to the masses with Cancer. Call him what you will, but he brings a lot to the table. He will get his uniball kicked in at the Tour, if he even goes now, by Alberto and the Schlecks, and Cadel and maybe even Basso. Jason is right, Lance is just too old to hold the top step. What he did last year was incredible and he far eclipsed what I thought he would do at that race.

Should be exciting though and at the end of the day that is what I am looking for. Maybe we can come out with an "unlimited" class where these guys can test tube themselves into oblivion and carry CERA in a water bottle. Wonder what the new time up the Ventoux would be then???

not all Spanish riders have been given a pass.

Contador is amazing. How he got there is like all of the pros who have evaded (or been caught) the testers. Nobody has been able to establish a dominance like his this year. He has won every stage race he has entered. Not Schleck, not Evans (whiny bastard who never attacks), not Armstrong, not Basso.

This will be an amazing Tour this year. Explosions from the riders and the media will be my guess. The depth of the field and competitiveness will insure some serious fighting from the start.

The first Maillot Juane? Cancellara. He will hold it for one week.

Contador will end with it....like it or not.

Looking forward to Lance hitting Kona in '11. Its a return to his early racing roots and although he does not stand a shot there in terms of winning, it will be fun to watch. And the spotlight that will be thrust upon the triathlon world will be quite amazing. I know the "roadies" may not like it, but the pro tri-guys and gals are nothing short of amazing.

I'm looking forward to seeing Lance get chicked if he even shows up at next year at Kona.

Oh, Chrissie Wellington will have his #. I just think it is his next step. And no one will expect him to be ultra competitive so it is an oppotunity to advance the multitude of Lance causes and TREK. I also believe this is how TREK attempts to gain ground in the tri-bike world. You know, tri is sport where guys his age can out do the young bucks (most, anyway).

FTR, I'm no Lance fan boy, but do love the fact an American has kicked TDF ass. Its hard to to like any of these guys as seemingly every year a major player named in a drug scandal. Hard to like any pro sport for that matter alone.

FTR, I'm no Lance fan boy, but do love the fact an American has kicked TDF ass. Its hard to to like any of these guys as seemingly every year a major player named in a drug scandal. Hard to like any pro sport for that matter alone.

take a seat and wait for the bombshell right before the tour this year.

Something is coming.

Is that just a personal hunch, or have you heard some actual bit of info to make you predict that?

take a seat and wait for the bombshell right before the tour this year.

Something is coming.

Federal prosecutors taking Lance into custody before the Tour would be a hell of a story, and the final nail in cyclings coffin. Jason is right, something will happen right before the tour, just not sure what it will be.

As for the Spanish, the guys going down are sacrificial lambs to try and appease everyone while drawing fire from the bigger culprits.

Landis is going to turn the whole professional peloton on its head with his accusations. A high profile rider(who is a current pro) coming forward and detailing systematic doping is relatively unheard of. Speaking with current pros (at the Giro), there are a lot of nervous riders wondering where the shoes are going to fall.

Could be nothing, but who is kidding who?

I have some close friends who know what is real and know what is achievable.