510hp C6 Lingenfelter

Allan-Herbie

510hp, 500ft pds torque runs 11.9@122. Should be a good indicator on the new Plastic mess-06. Doesnt sound super fast to me.

Maybe it wasnt designed to run the 1/4mile. it only has 510hp and thats in Gallardo/F-430/911 territory so this car was probably designed for road courses. I heard rumors that the new Plastic mess-06 is supose to be faster than this.

510hp, 500ft pds torque runs 11.9@122. Should be a good indicator on the new Plastic mess-06. Doesnt sound super fast to me.

2005 POS LS2

6.0 L Engine package

500 BHP / 440 lbs-ft of torque

Engine removal, inspection and cleaning for assembly  

Lingenfelter CNC ported & polished LS2 cylinder heads  

2.02 / 1.57" one piece stainless steel intake & exhaust valves  

Three angle valve job, hand blending of valve seats  

CC chambers, surface, set spring heights and assembly  

Competition Cams valve springs  

Lingenfelter designed Competition Cams hydraulic roller camshaft  

Modified LS2 oil pump assembly  

Lingenfelter ported & polished throttle body  

Low temperature thermostat  

Corsa stainless steel cat back exhaust  

ASP underdrive pulley system  

All necessary gaskets, fluids & bolts  

Professional assembly & engine installation  

Engine testing & expert ECM tuning  

Chassis dyno testing before & after installation  

Lingenfelter 2 year / 24,000 mile warranty  

2005 POS LS2            $6,895.00  

Where did you get your 1/4 mile numbers from? No way all that is only gonna gain your 7mph over stock. The driver had to be a complete moron. :goodman:

stoleit, really? you think it will gain more? sure seems like a good improvement, goes to show how inefficient american cars are to start with! doing this to a lambo would yield a lot less than 7 mph I think..maybe nearly nothing! do that to a 360 and you get nothing...at least they didnt with the CS....looking at dyno results...oh well....good for them I guess....

i wouldnt say how inefficient, but rather how much potential they have. ferrari takes a small engine and takes every ounce of hp they can from the motor. GM basically says fcuk it lets use a big engine and not take all the potential. which for those of us who are moding LSx engines is good news.

And on this LPE C6 they ported the heads, valve job, new cam, plus bolt ons and pullies and tune. all for 7g, which isn't that bad of a deal considering it has a warranty to boot.

And I think you are on crack if you think this is a prelude to the Plastic mess-06. The Ls2 is a 6.0L engine...the Ls7 is a 7.0L. Also the weights between the two cars are different, as is suspension, and other such factors.

Why is 122 mph slow for a POS, but fast for a galladro????

YOUR A GENIOUS! I like this guy already!!!

But to answer you're question the argument would be because the POS is modded.

.....or unbelievable if posted by an F-430? Must be that R & T and C/D, both of which tested two different cars on the same day and posted nearly identical times were smoking crack. Oh, if forgot. They tested running down hill. Silly me.

.....or unbelievable if posted by an F-430? Must be that R & T and C/D, both of which tested two different cars on the same day and posted nearly identical times were smoking crack. Oh, if forgot. They tested running down hill. Silly me.

Atleast you remembered something. While youre at it, pull up the TOP GEAR test of the Gallardo, and F430, read it, go over the part where it says the GALLRDO is faster, then flip to fcrap and read the posts of 430 owners saying they dont see much difference in the performance of the 430 from the 360.

122 is fast however way you look at it, BUT the Chevy guys are thinking they will be hitting 130mph bone stock.

Atleast you remembered something. While youre at it, pull up the TOP GEAR test of the Gallardo, and F430, read it, go over the part where it says the GALLRDO is faster, then flip to fcrap and read the posts of 430 owners saying they dont see much difference in the performance of the 430 from the 360.

What the owners say or think hardly matters because seat of the pants is the most inaccurate way there is of comparing performance. My friend's Kawasaki ZX-12R turbo definitely FEELS faster than my Supra, but it isn't and his 0-4 record against me demonstrates this fact. Magazines, generally, are the most objective standard we have to go by. Even then, you invariably cast doubt on any report that places the affected Lambo at a disadvantage with the relevant F-car, but embrace any magazine report that shows the Lambo as being faster. You are consistently inconsistent in this regard.

I couldn't read the scanned Top Gear article. Can you show me where the measured tests indicate the Gallardo is faster than the F430 as I've yet to see objective side by side comparison data in any magazine that demontrates this? Not saying it doesn't exist, but I'm way behind on my reading where Top Gear, Car and Evo are concerned.

122 is fast however way you look at it, BUT the Chevy guys are thinking they will be hitting 130mph bone stock.

With the C6 Plastic mess-06? I doubt 130, I can see 125ish though. Only time will tell. How much mph do you think it would gain with 100 more horses, better suspension, and a lighter car? Going from 117 to 125+ isn't that far off a stretch with that list of improvements.

While it isnt lighter (3130 vs 3118) it still has 500 more RPMS, 100 more hp, 70 more ft-lb of tq, and a better gearing ratio in the 5th gear (I suppose they did this to try and achieve the magic number, 200 mph) I will predict we will see 124-126 mph traps. And the reason why I say this is because the SRT-10 has a best of 123.6 mph bone stock. The Z has better gearing, lighter weight, better suspension and a better coefficent of drag- So that should be good for a few more mph. 125 mph is going to be my guess. Only time will tell...But with the mags racing it, we probably wont see much above 121, haha.

Ken i will yet again, have to disagree with you in this regard. When the 430 was first announced, i was the first to say that i felt that the 430 would be quicker than the Gallardo, but i also knew that Ferrari tends to understate weight, and overstate power. There have not yet been any MEASURED tests between the Gallardo or the 430, only subjective test with both cars on hand, was the last TOp GEAR, in which they say the Gallardo is the stronger car. This has also been confirmed by Ferrari owners who have taken delivery of their 430's and have said there is not much performance difference between them and their 360's.

What the owners say or think hardly matters because seat of the pants is the most inaccurate way there is of comparing performance. My friend's Kawasaki ZX-12R turbo definitely FEELS faster than my Supra, but it isn't and his 0-4 record against me demonstrates this fact. Magazines, generally, are the most objective standard we have to go by. Even then, you invariably cast doubt on any report that places the affected Lambo at a disadvantage with the relevant F-car, but embrace any magazine report that shows the Lambo as being faster. You are consistently inconsistent in this regard.

I couldn't read the scanned Top Gear article. Can you show me where the measured tests indicate the Gallardo is faster than the F430 as I've yet to see objective side by side comparison data in any magazine that demontrates this? Not saying it doesn't exist, but I'm way behind on my reading where Top Gear, Car and Evo are concerned.

I just find it interesting that you and others call BS on R & T and C/D, two highly esteemed magazines, both noted for the integrity of their road testing protocols, or any other magazine that favors the F430 from a performance standpoint, and blithely accept anecdotal subjective comments (it cannot even be called data) from those that appear to favor the Gallardo. Your bias and lack of objectivity is clearing showing through.

It doesn't matter whether Ferrari understated weight or overstated power. All that matters is the data produced by two of the best magazines the industry has to offer. Based upon those tests, and there will be plenty of others, it does not appear that Ferrari over or understated anything. I have no vested interest in the final outcome, but I do have a vested interest in objectivity which, unsurprisingly, is sorely lacking here.

I love Lambos, Ferraris and you already know how I feel about MKIV Supras. I'm not a big fan of Porsches. That said, I recognize their performance prowess from the factory and what they can be made to be in the hands of a manufacturer like Ruf. I have had the same discussions on SupraForums and 6speedonline to name two boards of which I am a member. It's natural for members of marque-specific boards to favor their cars. I do this as well. But, I try not to do it at the expense of objectivity. While I am a Lambo guy at heart and do not belong to any Ferrari boards, I am not of the persuasion that to be a Lambo guy, you must be, in essence, a Ferrari hater.

This is quite similar to the discussion I participated in on 6speedonline when I beat my brother twice from a 60 roll and again from 80 in a bone stock '04 E55 AMG and he was in a bone stock 996TT. Even when a Countach owner, who may be a member of this board and had the same exact experience backed me up, the members of the flat earth society over there refused to believe this was even possible.

Let's continue this discussion when you have objective data to present rather than opinion and supposition. While it may not be clear, I hope you are right and I'm wrong, as I believe it would be a big boost to the company and its business plan. As I've said before, I think Audi already knows the hard truth which is why it's rushing the Gallardo SV to market.

Ken, feast your eyes on this:

Doubtful performance figures, again.

In January 2005, Road & Track magazine tested a F430 at Fiorano, Ferrari's home test track. It recorded some astonishing figures: 0-60 mph took 3.5 seconds, 0-100 mph took 8.1 seconds. That's 0.45 sec and 1.1 sec respectively quicker than the official claim. That arouse my suspicion immediately. You know, Ferrari's figures are usually optimistic rather than conservative, unlike Porsche. It is hardly believable after countless of tests Ferrari still quoted figures slower than the car's actual ability, especially on a test track Ferrari know so well. Moreover, from the power-to-weight ratio, it should not be that quick.

In the same month, Car And Driver also tested the F430 at Fiorano. The figures are even slightly faster - 3.5 seconds and 7.9 seconds respectively. Car And Driver said their test car was not the same one as that tested by a "rival magazine" but the result was similar. It also revealed that both magazines tested the car at Fiorano's slightly downhill straight runway and not allowed to go in reverse direction. This may account for a few tenths for 0-100 mph, but cannot explain the big difference from the official figures.

This is not the first time Ferrari's performance figures are under doubt. I remember Autocar once recorded a 360 Modena taking only 8.8 seconds to 100 mph, while other magazines found more than 10 seconds. The British magazine therefore suspected Ferrari provided a specially prepared test car. It might be chipped to squeeze out more power than the production car. It might not comply with emission and noise regulations.

Now both C&D and R&T's tests were conducted in Fiorano on a car supplied by Ferrari's PR men and closely monitored by them, the suspicion is even stronger. The truth won't be revealed until magazines test a F430 picked directly from a dealer or an owner.

The truth will be revealed when i come across a 430 on the street and beat it just like every other Ferrai i have come aross so far.

And i don't see Lamborghini rushing to bring an SV to the market.It is all speculation at the present time but it is probably 2 years away.If they were so concerned they would have upped the HP on the convertible by more than 20.

It is a very well know secret that the Gallardo had to be detuned before its commercial release so that not to upstage the Murci

Cliffs notes to Kens post: stop being a brand nazi. I agree entirely, but at the same time I sympathize, in that it is certainly difficult to remain objective when quantifying the performance of the car of your choice.

Those performance figures are about right for the F430, considering they are trading for THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND HAHAHAHAHHA, wtf...so retarded..this is the entry level car!

You can get a F40 for that $$$!!