Fuck Me Guys..... Dodge a bullet today

Roman

To keep the thread going:

You might have heard this story of a woman in Montreal getting killed when a piece of concrete fell off the building and hit her sitting at a restaurant. http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/story/20...-killed745.html

My friend`s sister was going to be in her spot. She was walking towards it when her friend decided she wanted to sit at another table.

Glad you are ok.

A couple of years ago I was in seeing the manager of a bank when it got robbed, The manager thought he was doing me a favour by letting me out the back door so I didn't get cought up in the police investigation. As it turned out the police took a dim view of this and kept me on site for about four hours.

Russell

Glad to read you are safe Roman. Is Tony your son?

Yes.... 6 years old....

IRVINE - A bank robber who killed himself when confronted by police in Irvine was identified today by the Orange County coroner's office as a 29-year-old Fallbrook man.

Jeffrey Hudson robbed the Bank of America at 13244 Jamboree Road about 2 p.m. Friday and was leaving with the money when he was confronted by police, who were summoned by a 911 call from a witness, Irvine police Lt. Henry Boggs said.

Hudson refused to surrender and shot himself in the head, Boggs said.

Boggs credited the 911 call for the quick response that enabled police to get there before the man could escape.

Hudson wore a wig and beard when he robbed the bank. On his way out, he stuffed the money he stole in a backpack, then demanded the teller's car keys but didn't get them, FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller said.

According to sources close to the family, Jeffrey was facing hard times at home and possibly didn't want to ask anyone for help.

His Grandmother Janette commented, "This is without a doubt a very tragic end to a very sad and troubled struggle. Jeff was a very well mannered good looking kid with skills to fix and build anything he wanted. He had 2 beautiful daughters and parents who did everything they possibly could to support him... but it wasn't enough.

She continued, "Last week he stayed with our family at the beach house, we laughed and spent "family time", Jeff seemed as normal and well adjusted as anyone, but we all knew the undercurrents were there. We supported him and loved him the best we could. My prayers go out to his parents and his 2 innocent daughters Hanna and Hailie."

She ended her comments with the hope that he would finally have peace and that he would be missed.

A friend indentified as "Danny" commented that he really like Jeffrey and "He was a good person, honest and had a good heart. I never had a conversation with Jeff that didn't make me laugh from the gut! He had a broken heart for the last couple years, and I'm so sad for his loved ones, especially his two little girls."

Another friend, Josie, said "Jeff was a good friend of mine. No one is perfect, and we all do things in desperation. He clearly had no intent to harm anyone other than himself and his friends and family. According to the witness who made the fist 911 call, they never even saw the gun until he was outside and confronted by the police, at which point he pointed it at no one other than himself. Im not saying that his actions are excusable, however ...he had a much bigger heart."

Nicole, who was a witness at the scene said, "I was present at the scene and saw everything from the moment he left the bank to the moment he tried 3 times to shoot himself...the first two times the gun jammed. I turned, in some feeble attempt not to be left with the vision, and to.....give him his silence. I am not a novice to crime and guns--unfortunately--but what I saw from who I know today as Jeff, it was ... undescribable darkness, sadness and destitution. It seems abhorant that with all our advances in humankind, too many people are trapped by day to day lives. I believe in the death penalty, but what I saw yesterday was a person like you and me that couldn't deal anymore. When the police asked him to stop, he matter-of-factly reached into is pocket and without hesitation, hurt himself. Where have we come? To his family and friends, I wish you all the blessings that God can possibly provide to help each of you find peace. And to those who look on this as a simple bad guy robbery, rest-assured, having been there within 30 feet...it truly was not. His act of robbery was inexcusable, but there was far more at play than anyone may comprehend, except maybe his family and personal friends."