New Exhaust

Buckus

So, I just purches an LOC exhaust this is in replacement of my Larini. I couldnt handle the CEL lights anymore. Anyone ever do a self install? I would enjoy doing the work however not sure if its more thaqn i can chew. thoughts?

So, I just purches an LOC exhaust this is in replacement of my Larini. I couldnt handle the CEL lights anymore. Anyone ever do a self install? I would enjoy doing the work however not sure if its more thaqn i can chew. thoughts?

Congrats!! You can kiss your CEL issues good-bye :icon_thumleft: !

I installed one on my '06 coupe myself. It's not that difficult, but it does take some time. There are lots of things to remove and every fastener needs a different size wrench. The most difficult part for me was figuring out how to disconnect all the electrical plugs (particularly the O2 sensors!). Allocate a full day.

If you are in So Cal the easiest thing to do is take it to Grant and Jeff to put in.

Buckus comes to us from the great state of New Jersey.

The real question is; Will his old neighbor with the vibrating picture window approve of this exhaust????

Buckus comes to us from the great state of New Jersey.

The real question is; Will his old neighbor with the vibrating picture window approve of this exhaust????

LOL I gave her 90 days to say thanks for "fixing the mufflers" she never did. Its game on now!

LOL I gave her 90 days to say thanks for "fixing the mufflers" she never did. Its game on now!

Are you taking the cats back out when you put the new exhaust on, or leaving them in place?

Not to hard to install. You may be able to do this with out removing the rear bumper due to having the other exhaust. I would recommed to remove the rear bumper so you are not fighten the removal or the install.

Make sure you have WD40 or something close to it. Spray all exhaust bolts and then have at it with hand tools.You will also need to unplug the vaccum lines and reinstall on the LOC exhaust.

Good Luck

Are you taking the cats back out when you put the new exhaust on, or leaving them in place?

Going to have stock cats for now. If i knew that high flow cats wont set off the CEL I might consider getting a bit more aggressive

I'm interested in the LOC exhaust for '06 as well. I'd be interested on any install notes or feedback you have when you get this put on.

Also, what's the MSRP on the LOC?

Thanks!

Sam

If anyone still has their 2006 or later stock exhaust and is looking to get rid of it, let me know and maybe we can work out a deal. I'm interested in using it to upgrade my stock 2004 exhaust.

Let us know how the LOC compares to Larini in tone and also loudness.

Here's a brief clip of the LOC exhaust I have installed on my 08 ( CATS are still intact).

Here's a brief clip of the LOC exhaust I have installed on my 08 ( CATS are still intact).

Nice, though quiet compared to the decat+tubi on mine, though that may be the vid.

Are the valves still in place on this system?

Is this the LOC system piping+valves?

Damn that sounds good!!!!!!! Do you know if this is louder or as loud as Larini with Test Pipes??

LOC exhaust w/o cats on the dyno:

Damn that sounds good!!!!!!! Do you know if this is louder or as loud as Larini with Test Pipes??

Nope, but I will say that w/o cats the LOC is plenty LOUD.

I installed one on my '06 coupe myself. It's not that difficult, but it does take some time. There are lots of things to remove and every fastener needs a different size wrench. The most difficult part for me was figuring out how to disconnect all the electrical plugs (particularly the O2 sensors!). Allocate a full day.

I was at the garage yesterday and showed the guy this to change my straight pipes.

http://www.lamboweb.com/Repairs_Section/Ga...ver_Muffler.htm

It really helped. All the bolts came off and when they went back on, not a washer left over.