The glory of USC Football

kane00

I disagree...

We will all have to agree to disagree. Or until they possibly face one another in a Bowl Game. :icon_thumleft: :icon_mrgreen:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing with the SEC, is that any team in the SEC can beat any other team in the SEC on any given day. Thats one tough fucken conference and as good as Florida will be this year, I think they will have a tough time going undefeated. TX can be hit or miss as can Oklahoma. I don't think either will wind up national champs but they will still have good seasons. My personal favorites are always Penn State and the Ducks...they won't be in any type of national championship contention, but I love those teams. I'll be rooting for USC agains Ohio State as I don't care for the buckeyes and can never understand how they get into so many national championship games with the shitty schedule they play. :icon_mrgreen: :eek3dance:

The difference as too why OSU gets into the big games, is becasue unlike Penn State, we win our games on our shitty schedule!! :thefinger: :icon_mrgreen:

Kevin,

While I dont doubt they have great football teams in Cincinnatti. I have NEVER seen a high school team like Miami Northwestern. I am not saying this because I am from Miami, but from experience. The school is in Liberty City which is one of the most crime ridden areas in the Country. I have accidentally driven by there and there were homeless people sleeping outside of the school, and drug dealers on bicycles selling right outside the gates. This was in broad daylight. I think you could put that team up against any College team on any given year and they will hold there own. They may not win, but it wont be a devastating loss. I still remember playing in the state championships for 2A in high school. We were walking off the field as they were walking on and I was 6 foot 1 260 pounds, and I was dwarfed by almost all of them. There offensive linemen were all 6 foot 4 or taller and over 300lbs.

Here is some info about the school. Only 41% of students who start 9th grade at the school end up graduating high school. I would bet that a good portion of them are football players.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Northwestern_High_School

There are a couple cincinnatti schools mentioned here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/...tory?id=2988741

I will not deny that the inner city breeds power houses. What is that city down in florida where all the super fast athletes come out of because they grew up chasing rabits in the sugar cane fields. I believe Santonio Holmes was from there.....

Ohio has bred some nasty High School football teams, St. Ignatius was always a powerhouse when I lived there, but thats high school. High School starts don't always translate into college stars.

I will not deny that the inner city breeds power houses. What is that city down in florida where all the super fast athletes come out of because they grew up chasing rabits in the sugar cane fields. I believe Santonio Holmes was from there.....

To answer your question, Two towns down there...Belle Glade (most of the quick small guys) and Fort Myers (most notable name, Deion Sanders).

I grew up in the Fla. Panhandle playing football. Until I moved to SoCal and went through High School. I clearly see the difference in how ball is played on both sides of the nation. Mid-west and North East (good hard nosed ball, but honestly nothing THAT special), Texas has its spots. But in the South for some reason, The ATHLETIC talent pool is DEEP in the deep south (FL, GA, Bama etc.) and at the pee-wee and Highschool levels offenses are more basic, since you can basically line-up, smash people in the face with your big guys, and let the fast guys outrun everyone else to the corner or go deep. Thats all they do.... I NEVER saw complex multiple receiver spread offenses, quick hitch patterns and no-huddle offenses until coming out west. They are more scheme and efficiency oriented offenses on the west coast. The young QBs are really put through a higher level of teaching at a younger age (a perfect explanation as to why so many quality College QBs come out of Southern California High Schools). They teach differently at a younger age. Not sure which is better, but it is just that way. So the skill position guys come out MORE skilled and knowledgable of the game and play earlier in their career at a high level in college than the athlete-guys (cause it takes more than just speed at the D1 level).

Florida is good a very solid team (the best in the East, but I still dont think that they would match up well against probably 4-5 West coast teams), simply because they would be prepared. Tebow doesnt have much else he can rely on than grit once defenses shut the option crap down, (he cant throw 40-50 passes in a game and win, he would be exposed). And I guarantee Pete Carroll would make him throw if they faced the Trojans. On the QB side Barkley (nations Top HS QB last year) will be fine (shit he's been at SC since the Winter '08).

The BCS doesnt EVER want the "Poster-boys" of SEC footbal to meet the Trojans. They've kept them apart the last 5 years when they shoulda matched up.... Team for team-- Florida wants NO PART of the Trojans, seriously I just don't see a good match-up (and Im not even a fan, I played at ASU).

The difference as too why OSU gets into the big games, is becasue unlike Penn State, we win our games on our shitty schedule!! :thefinger: :icon_mrgreen:

I think you are talking about Pahokee, or Immokalee, which I played both of them in High school. There were mosquitos the size of your hand out there.

I think you are talking about Pahokee, or Immokalee, which I played both of them in High school. There were mosquitos the size of your hand out there.

There we go. Pahokee.....Well done Mike!

To answer your question, Two towns down there...Belle Glade (most of the quick small guys) and Fort Myers (most notable name, Deion Sanders).

I grew up in the Fla. Panhandle playing football. Until I moved to SoCal and went through High School. I clearly see the difference in how ball is played on both sides of the nation. Mid-west and North East (good hard nosed ball, but honestly nothing THAT special), Texas has its spots. But in the South for some reason, The ATHLETIC talent pool is DEEP in the deep south (FL, GA, Bama etc.) and at the pee-wee and Highschool levels offenses are more basic, since you can basically line-up, smash people in the face with your big guys, and let the fast guys outrun everyone else to the corner or go deep. Thats all they do.... I NEVER saw complex multiple receiver spread offenses, quick hitch patterns and no-huddle offenses until coming out west. They are more scheme and efficiency oriented offenses on the west coast. The young QBs are really put through a higher level of teaching at a younger age (a perfect explanation as to why so many quality College QBs come out of Southern California High Schools). They teach differently at a younger age. Not sure which is better, but it is just that way. So the skill position guys come out MORE skilled and knowledgable of the game and play earlier in their career at a high level in college than the athlete-guys (cause it takes more than just speed at the D1 level).

Florida is good a very solid team (the best in the East, but I still dont think that they would match up well against probably 4-5 West coast teams), simply because they would be prepared. Tebow doesnt have much else he can rely on than grit once defenses shut the option crap down, (he cant throw 40-50 passes in a game and win, he would be exposed). And I guarantee Pete Carroll would make him throw if they faced the Trojans. On the QB side Barkley (nations Top HS QB last year) will be fine (shit he's been at SC since the Winter '08).

The BCS doesnt EVER want the "Poster-boys" of SEC footbal to meet the Trojans. They've kept them apart the last 5 years when they shoulda matched up.... Team for team-- Florida wants NO PART of the Trojans, seriously I just don't see a good match-up (and Im not even a fan, I played at ASU).

Very intelligent post. I am not a big Gator fan, I am more of a UM fan, but like the Gators, and how they play ball. However, I believe the coaching Florida has is 2nd to none in the country. They have something like 450 plays in their playbook. The conditioning that the Gators go through is 2nd to none. They have some Track and Field Stars that play for them as well that are stupid fast.

I don't think Tebow is a gift from god. I dont think he has a deep ball if he needed it. I think he is a winner and a leader on the field. I would love to see both teams match up in the National Championship so you could prove me wrong, or I could prove you and Kane wrong. :icon_thumleft:

If Vince Young and Texas could beat USC when USC was absolutely stacked with talent, then Tebow and Florida wouldn't have much of a problem this year. Don't get me wrong I LOVE USC and will root for them to play outstanding this year, I don't think they will match up with FL.

But hey, who says College football isnt the best freakin sport in the US. Much rather watch college football than anything else (world cup soccer comes close, but I love college football)!

If Vince Young and Texas could beat USC when USC was absolutely stacked with talent, then Tebow and Florida wouldn't have much of a problem this year. Don't get me wrong I LOVE USC and will root for them to play outstanding this year, I don't think they will match up with FL.

But hey, who says College football isnt the best freakin sport in the US. Much rather watch college football than anything else (world cup soccer comes close, but I love college football)!

Problem is, Vince Young was WAY more the college Athlete than Tebow. VY could run a 4.4 and throw the hell out of the ball, Texas ran a spread offense that showcased it's receivers and Running Backs first. VY was the man cause he could turn a broken play into a 80yard sprint to the endzone. 4 steps and that guy was on the corner 10 yards down field.

I liken Tebow to a Tight End playing Quarterback. He's dangerous cause he CAN move, he's big and because he has more heart than probably ANY college football player I've ever seen (which means a lot). But he really is NOT a "Game Carrier". To me, he's more of a clutch guy (if the game is close, he's the one to have the ball)... He cant just run all day and he sure as hell can't throw all day.

VY could (in college) throw 30-40 passes one week for 400 yards, and then run for 200 yards the next week. WAAAYY more dangerous than Tebow could EVER dream to be. And I think that's the difference when talking about matching up with a calibre team like SC.

And by the way, this years USC team is probably just as stacked as that Reggie Bush, LenDale White, Matt Leinert, Mike Williams team. They were "the name team", but trust me these guys are loaded (10 of the 11 on offense return, just the QB is new, like every year the last 4yrs).

AGAIN I'm NOT an SC fan, just a big football guy that's played it and coached it for a minute. I like all the Florida teams, always have, can't wait until the Sunshine state dominates again, I loved those years, UM, FSU, UF ALL in the TOP 5, that was SO cool!!! But for now, Im just callin it like I see it. And OHhhhhhhhhh, I feel sorry for the Buckeyes, next week is gonna be a LONG one for them. San Jose State is a MUCH better team than Navy.........

Problem is, Vince Young was WAY more the college Athlete than Tebow. VY could run a 4.4 and throw the hell out of the ball, Texas ran a spread offense that showcased it's receivers and Running Backs first. VY was the man cause he could turn a broken play into a 80yard sprint to the endzone. 4 steps and that guy was on the corner 10 yards down field.

I liken Tebow to a Tight End playing Quarterback. He's dangerous cause he CAN move, he's big and because he has more heart than probably ANY college football player I've ever seen (which means a lot). But he really is NOT a "Game Carrier". To me, he's more of a clutch guy (if the game is close, he's the one to have the ball)... He cant just run all day and he sure as hell can't throw all day.

VY could (in college) throw 30-40 passes one week for 400 yards, and then run for 200 yards the next week. WAAAYY more dangerous than Tebow could EVER dream to be. And I think that's the difference when talking about matching up with a calibre team like SC.

And by the way, this years USC team is probably just as stacked as that Reggie Bush, LenDale White, Matt Leinert, Mike Williams team. They were "the name team", but trust me these guys are loaded (10 of the 11 on offense return, just the QB is new, like every year the last 4yrs).

AGAIN I'm NOT an SC fan, just a big football guy that's played it and coached it for a minute. I like all the Florida teams, always have, can't wait until the Sunshine state dominates again, I loved those years, UM, FSU, UF ALL in the TOP 5, that was SO cool!!! But for now, Im just callin it like I see it. And OHhhhhhhhhh, I feel sorry for the Buckeyes, next week is gonna be a LONG one for them. San Jose State is a MUCH better team than Navy.........

Damn Ohio State Sucks this year!!!!!

USC looked good against San Jose State. I expected a stomping. Alabama looked good yesterday. LSU looked OK, nothing really to write home about. Michigan looked pretty good as well. Cant wait for Monday-UM vs. FSU!!!!!!!!!

Damn Ohio State Sucks this year!!!!!

USC looked good against San Jose State. I expected a stomping. Alabama looked good yesterday. LSU looked OK, nothing really to write home about. Michigan looked pretty good as well. Cant wait for Monday-UM vs. FSU!!!!!!!!!

Yeah tomorrow's gonna be sweet both teams have something to prove!!!

So much for the Sooners! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Way to go Stoops!!!

LOL! I can't believe Bradford went down...I feel bad for that guy, but not as bad as watching him during the third quarter with a booger or whatever the hell it was every time the camera panned over to see his reaction to the freshman QB with the nasty mustache that only a 19 year old can grow! :icon_mrgreen:

It will be bad for Ohio State this weekend. After watching them BARELY beat the NAVY, I don't see how they are still ranked 8th. I thing USC (Even though I can't stand USC) will beat them by at least 40 points this year.

Ohio State better hope the game doesnt come down to a test of the quarterback's IQ's....

Here is OSU QB Terrelle Pryor explaining why he chose to put the word "Vick" (for convicted felon Michael Vick) on his eye-black.

Not everybody is the perfect person in the world, everyone does -- kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever. I just feel that people need to give him a chance

YES.... Terrelle Pryor is that stupid...

Ohio State better hope the game doesnt come down to a test of the quarterback's IQ's....

Here is OSU QB Terrelle Pryor explaining why he chose to put the word "Vick" (for convicted felon Michael Vick) on his eye-black.

YES.... Terrelle Pryor is that stupid...

I don't think we have to worry about that game coming down to a tight-one...

And....WOW, didn't know he was THAT dense (Pryor), that's disappointing. Even without that evidence, SC's QB is too protected with all the weapons to have any real stress. And his football IQ FAR excells Pryor's (he's been running that offense for 4 years already).

I don't think we have to worry about that game coming down to a tight-one...

And....WOW, didn't know he was THAT dense (Pryor), that's disappointing. Even without that evidence, SC's QB is too protected with all the weapons to have any real stress. And his football IQ FAR excells Pryor's (he's been running that offense for 4 years already).

I have to tell you.... I was a little concerned about SCs QB situation..... But, aside from first quarter jitters (who can fcuking blame the kid???), HE LOOKED GOOD!!! If he has another performance like that this saturday, people will be talking Heisman Trophy, despite his age.

And just keep in mind SCs defense. The defense that had the pundits talking about all its losses to the NFL...

San Jose State had a net TOTAL of NINE RUSHING YARDS all day....

It will be bad for Ohio State this weekend. I thing USC (Even though I can't stand USC) will beat them by at least 40 points this year.

I was the same way with SC for a while (hated them), but I got to the point where I couldnt deny they deserve some respect. They ARE the BEST program in College Football ( I know UF fans would beg to differ).

PLUS I'd say the Pac-10 and the SEC are EQUAL conferences (over the last 5 years, just do the math). I'd dare anyone in the country to go into (Cal, Oregon, ASU even Stanford, Washington and Ore.St. ) stadiums and run the table. You'd have just as much trouble as doing it in the SEC. Take out the top teams and the SEC doesnt even look that good. I see UF and Bama (real sleeper, looked GOOD) and thats it. GA: Lost, LSU: not impressive, Ol Miss: a loss waiting to happen, not impressive. I'll take Cal against Bama and SC against UF and we'll call it even..........

It's the Big-12 that's overrated.

I have to tell you.... I was a little concerned about SCs QB situation..... But, aside from first quarter jitters (who can fcuking blame the kid???), HE LOOKED GOOD!!! If he has another performance like that this saturday, people will be talking Heisman Trophy, despite his age.

When I found out he was from Mater Dei, I figured he'd be fine.

I was the same way with SC for a while (hated them), but I got to the point where I couldnt deny they deserve some respect. They ARE the BEST program in College Football ( I know UF fans would beg to differ).

PLUS I'd say the Pac-10 and the SEC are EQUAL conferences (over the last 5 years, just do the math). I'd dare anyone in the country to go into (Cal, Oregon, ASU even Stanford, Washington and Ore.St. ) stadiums and run the table. You'd have just as much trouble as doing it in the SEC. Take out the top teams and the SEC doesnt even look that good. I see UF and Bama (real sleeper, looked GOOD) and thats it. GA: Lost, LSU: not impressive, Ol Miss: a loss waiting to happen, not impressive. I'll take Cal against Bama and SC against UF and we'll call it even..........

It's the Big-12 that's overrated.

Time will tell brotha. All we need is someone to take out Texas this year, and its on!!!!!