Considering buying a Murci

SECC_Joe

So, i go to the dealership yesterday to negotiate a deal. I let the sales guy know that this was going to be a cash deal, and that i would have a cashier's check for them tomorrow if we could come to terms. After being gone for about 15 minutes talking to the manager, he comes back and tells me that they're not budging on the price one penny. I told him that I've bought about 10 cars from them and that they should give me a little better price than just anyone who walked in off of the street. He told me that I could take the car at that price and that price only. I told him no thanks, call me if they can do any better.

The sales guy calls me about 45 minutes later and says "the car needs a service, we can't lower the price, but we'll do the service for free". I asked him which service it needed and what it entailed, he said that he didn't know. I told him that I wanted a PPI and he said that they would do it for me. I said that I wanted an independent inspection. He asked me where I wanted to get it, and I told him that I wanted to go to Motorsports of Scottsdale, the former Lambo dealer in AZ. He said that they wouldn't allow them to do a PPI on the car because "they don't like the owner of that dealership, and don't trust him". He then proceeded to insist that I have them do it. I said that I'm sure that he could understand how I would want an independent inspection on a car that costs so much to repair. He said that they were worried about me having a Benz tech to a PPI on the car....at that point I told him that it's not surprising that they haven't sold the car yet and they should expect it to be on their showroom floor for another year.

Oh well, the serach continues. Here are a couple more cars: I've read mixed reviews on the dealerhip, any help would be appreciated!

http://www.eurocaroc.com/web/1208/vehicle/...hini-Murcielago

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest skokos

That yellow one at euro oc looks like a good deal if the car checks out.

dont know what is your price range but there is an 08 orange LP640 at ferrari of long island you probably can get a great deal on, there is also one at ferrari of ft lauderdale but thats an 05 i think

Oh well, the serach continues. Here are a couple more cars: I've read mixed reviews on the dealerhip, any help would be appreciated!

The yellow one with vin# ZHWBU16M93LA00671 - is the dead rapper Murci

So the car had the interior redone at some point? I thought it had the McDonalds theme going on in there?

Good work on the discovery, they must of spent $$$ changing the entire interior and re-color the wheels.

Good work on the discovery, they must of spent $$$ changing the entire interior and re-color the wheels.

Nice job on the detective work PMB!

thanks!

EURO is down the street from me, I can swing by and take a quick look at them...

Man, I would really appreciate that! I'm really interested in the "03 black murci

I think the car is a great buy. There were a few technical differences between a 2003 and 2004. I am going back about 5 years from when I was at a dealership, but the Lambo technical rep had said it had a new wiring harness, and also something to do valve timing if I can remember right. I think the remote was also built into the key. Tough position as a dealer to price something "on the money". If they had priced the car at 149,900 and then took 10k off, would you have bought it? Either way it is a low mile 2004 Murcie in a nice color combo. Maybe not the first or second in resale, but the price allows for it already. Definitely a better color for Arizona and upkeep.

Joe,

When looking for my Diablo, I went to Eurocar in OC to look at one they had. Their cars are a little questionable. I would imagine they have some good cars and some "shady" cars. I passed on the purchase, as their Diablo needed a lot of work.

The Murcie at Scottsdale Bentley is a good car from what I've seen and what Charlie knows of it. Like he said, they have sold it a couple of times.

I would definintely insist on an independent inspection.....if not Motorsports, maybe Rob Varetoni, their old service tech.

They had this car advertised at $164,000 a few months ago.......now $139,000? I would imagine you could get it for slightly lower.

Good luck on your search!

Joe,

When looking for my Diablo, I went to Eurocar in OC to look at one they had. Their cars are a little questionable. I would imagine they have some good cars and some "shady" cars. I passed on the purchase, as their Diablo needed a lot of work.

:iamwithstupid: I had a similiar experience with an 03 Murci i was looking at a couple years ago.

Joe,

The Murcie at Scottsdale Bentley is a good car from what I've seen and what Charlie knows of it. Like he said, they have sold it a couple of times.

I would definintely insist on an independent inspection.....if not Motorsports, maybe Rob Varetoni, their old service tech.

They had this car advertised at $164,000 a few months ago.......now $139,000? I would imagine you could get it for slightly lower.

Good luck on your search!

I've got Robert at Redline in Tempe doing a PPI on the car on Monday. I'll keep you posted!

They charge $2400 to replace a clutch, sounds like a hell of a deal.

The shop is located in Costa Mesa but has a 909 phone #.

Sounds fishy..

It looks like their shop rate is 80 dollars/hour. Lambo of bev hills charges 150/hour. If 2400 included the clutch that would make zero sence since an OEM clutch retails for about 4000 dollars.

It looks like their shop rate is 80 dollars/hour. Lambo of bev hills charges 150/hour. If 2400 included the clutch that would make zero sence since an OEM clutch retails for about 4000 dollars.

I thought that something about that seemed strange also. That seems awfully low to replace a murci clutch

Eurocar showed me service records on the Diablo I was looking at also. I think they have some "interest" in the business they take their service to.

The service records didn't make a lot of sense on the Diablo either. I had L of BH do a PPI on the Diablo I was looking at, and they found various problems.

Hopefully, the local car turns out to be what you want. Lots of cars are out there. You'll find the one you want!