got murci?

threedogsplumbing

hey everyone, i just got out of a diablo and am looking to get into a murci, i found one i like and am going to make an offer on it, but before i do i was wondering if anyone out there might tell me what to look for in the 2002 murci. did that year have any troubles? it has 10,000 miles on it and has all books and records. the only thing that i saw that was wrong was the airbag light was on.i would appreciate any input. thanks

Have an authorized dealer near you perform a pre-purchase inspection. If the vehicle is a one-owner and they have the service history that is ideal. The air bag light will require the technician to check the fault memory and see what codes are stored, and they can provide you with an estimate for the necessary repairs.

hey everyone, i just got out of a diablo and am looking to get into a murci, i found one i like and am going to make an offer on it, but before i do i was wondering if anyone out there might tell me what to look for in the 2002 murci. did that year have any troubles? it has 10,000 miles on it and has all books and records. the only thing that i saw that was wrong was the airbag light was on.i would appreciate any input. thanks

I seem to remember reading a post where the watch spring in the steering wheel can become faulty and make the air bag light come on?

Also at this milage assume either now or not very distant future a new clutch will be needed, I know some will sat the cluch can last longer but best to be fore warned as it is quite expensive to replace.

Russell

I seem to remember reading a post where the watch spring in the steering wheel can become faulty and make the air bag light come on?

Russell

Common problem on 02's and 03's..The fix is inexpensive.

Dont expect anything special from the traction control system its hopeless, Best advice this site gave me was to turn it off

Clock spring always goes bad, it isn't too bad to replace. The front shocks in the lift system are a motherfucker. If they have not been replaced, plan on doing it my friend, plan on doing it. Also, 02 car had some issues with throttle body alignment too. As well as the MED alarm is a pain in the ass and super expensive to replace. I actually like the wheels. Clutch is a given. Yes, it can go more than that, some have been known to do over 60k miles on original clutch. Unfortunately that is likely NOT going to be the case. Make sure brakes are good, they are expensive as hell to replace. Tires should have been done, they are getting very old if they are original. Make sure that they are the proper red dot P Zero Rossos for a Lambo. Make sure differential is in good shape. NO NOISE. See if gear oil has been changed also and if Universal joint boots have been replaced or are cracking. Plugs should be done also, another expensive fix. Other than that, maybe a couple things I am missing, it is a pretty basic car (i.e. no power seats and stuff). Window regulators tend to go bad too. If they go up hard or come back down automatically they are about shot.

Always best to have a PPI. But even with a good PPI things can still go wrong. But you have a better chance of getting a good car with one. Dose not have to be a Authorized dealer but it dose have to be a good Lambo tech.

99% of the time the air bag light on a Murci will be the clock spring in the sterring wheel before repl. tho the pins in the connector need to be checked. The part runs about $250.00 and 1.3 hours for labor.