02 Exhaust Modifications

Kipper

Has anyone ever tried to modify an original Euro spec 02 model muffler to get a little more noise out of it rather than buy a new system?

Yeh understand the weight arguement ect ect but nice to keep the whole thing looking standard. I would rather keep the primary cats also

any comments would be appreciated

honestly, go with a MS Racing stage 2 exhaust. Maybe an OC exhaust system but im not sure if they still make those. Theres no real point in trying to modify the original exhaust, an aftermarket exhaust will not only save weight and sound great but also add power

Yes we can still supply the OC exhaust give grantoc or me a PM for info on exhausts. Are system uses stock tips and you leave the primary cats in place. You can use it with the back cats if you want it quiter or with test pipes and remove the back cats (best with test pipes installed).

Aftermarket is the best way to go.

If you want to keep it stock, then do what I did, and put the stock muffler in your attic.

The LOC muffler delete is the way to go! I then did the secondary cat delete...then wanted even louder and did the primary cat delete and now it is crazy loud but everyone loves it! Now Rob has it and I purchased the Quicksiver quad tips from Chadbourn on this board (he is awesome to work with & great prices) and will have images of that next week.

PS - what is also important to note is that I actually gained torque when doing all the above...on my Gallardo I lost torque doing this.

These are the Quicksilver quad tips that I got from Chadbourn...going on this week...will send images and sound bite once on...

post-10287-1253682484_thumb.jpg

Hi Members,

Thanks for the great feed back, Cant wait to do do something soon. I have been in contact with Jeff lambo and look forward to some positive feed back. I am keen the finish up with a system that sounds great but not to over the top that it makes it a pain to drive the car and annoy the neighbourhood.

Thanks for the Pictures of your installations, i am interested to know wether you install any original heat shields or tape over the pipes ect?. In my situation i have a Euro spec car with the front cats only, sounds like from what the posts are indicating that I would probably achieve a nice sound with the OC system and primary cats left installed??

Do any of our members have videos of your systems that you may be able to post, Leave Adams car out as my head is still ringing from the last time i ran it (3 weeks ago)

Thanks again for your feed back

from what I know euro cars only have primary cats and no secondary cats. with the oc system you will achieve a great sound and im sure good power gains. I always liked the oc system just wasnt sure if it was still available

I believe this is or was a members car:

it has the secondary cat delete so your car will sound like this

another video:

great but not too over the top that it makes it a pain to drive the car and annoy the neighbourhood.

The SP Stage 2 is NOT for you - its the best but brutal - Cant comment on others.

Yes, keep the primary cats and just do the LOC muffler delete and it will be perfect for you.

These are the Quicksilver quad tips that I got from Chadbourn...going on this week...will send images and sound bite once on...

Wow! Can't wait to hear this one when it's on!!

Moconnor, maybe you can come by this weekend if I get the car back FR or SAT and take photos and video?

Moconnor, maybe you can come by this weekend if I get the car back FR or SAT and take photos and video?

I'd be more than happy to come by and do some photos for you, and I should be able to do a video for you. PM coming you way as well.

The SP Stage 2 is NOT for you - its the best but brutal - Cant comment on others.

thats funny you say that. i dont mind the noise of mine, but i do feel it drones on the highway. passengers that have sat in my car for an hr on the highwy have complained of headaches. i cant imagine much louder.

donnie, did you get my PM about the tailights?

Thanks Members for your posts

It really has helped me to understand what I should expect, Also thanks to Jeff for responding quickly with options and concerns that i may have with noise

JoeyM great post of your installation Lambo owners dream is to know where the clips and screws are, and also your post shows clearly how the system is mounted so it helps when you see the Various systems for sale you can envisage how they fit into the Murci

After much deliberation I have decided to purchase a used Tubi muffler and try it, it was priced well enough that if i do not like it i can modify it or move it on and try another

Thanks again for your comments and assitance