Murcie parking brake, won't always disengage on first try.

Assman

My parking brake is a PITA. Sometimes it disengages on the first attempt and other times it takes 3 or 4 attempts. Is there anything I'm doing wrong or any quick fix for this?

Take to Rob...easy fix for you...call me for his #

Take to Rob...easy fix for you...call me for his #

Thanks Charlie. I'm no longer in Scottsdale. Rob even came out and replaced the battery for me, but I hadn't noticed that problem at the time.

Is it just the light that stays on or is it the brake.

Mine can be a bit sticky some times but it is only the light.

Russell

Is it just the light that stays on or is it the brake.

Mine can be a bit sticky some times but it is only the light.

Russell

It appears to be the brake, so probably a cable thing?

Make sure that the handle is pushed all the way down so the button pushes in as much as possable. Have seen the handles will work they way up and the button dose not go in as far. Grab onto it and work it down. I have had to glue alot of them in place. Also always pull up on leaver just a little then press button and feed the leaver down slow.

Make sure that the handle is pushed all the way down so the button pushes in as much as possable. Have seen the handles will work they way up and the button dose not go in as far. Grab onto it and work it down. I have had to glue alot of them in place. Also always pull up on leaver just a little then press button and feed the leaver down slow.

:iamwithstupid: I used to have the same problem with my Murci.

:iamwithstupid: I used to have the same problem with my Murci.

Yes, that was the problem. Thanks guys. Now it's no longer a problem. It's so sensitive.

Yes, that was the problem. Thanks guys. Now it's no longer a problem. It's so sensitive.

It was finnicky when I took it for a testdrive. You have to work it back and forth a couple times, and it eventually disengages. I have seen this on almost every Murcie I have driven.

Both my Murcies had this issue. I rarely used the parking brake though. Typically just left it in gear unless the grade was significant.

It was finnicky when I took it for a testdrive. You have to work it back and forth a couple times, and it eventually disengages. I have seen this on almost every Murcie I have driven.

Once I started using the Jeff's advice no problem. If you hold the button down until the lever is all the way down there's no problem.

Both my Murcies had this issue. I rarely used the parking brake though. Typically just left it in gear unless the grade was significant.

I'm afraid to leave the egear car in gear. I've read too many nightmares that if it's in gear and doesn't start the car is stuck if it's in gear and won't start either, but if it's in N at least you can move it and possibly start it..