Dyno video of my TT Gallardo prepped for the Texas Mile

Barron

Greetings Everyone! New member here, and a huge lambo fan.

I recently bought an LP560, and LOVE the car. So much improved over previous Lambos...I sent it to Underground Racing to be twin turboed (Its the white LP560 in all their videos etc). Its my "street" lambo :)

I have been debating on what car to run at this years Texas Mile...SW had a Supra for sale that would run 200mph+ in the mile, but after owning the LP560...I wanted a lambo! I bought a black 05 Gallardo and sent it to UR for the full R treatment and then some :) My car has billet gears to run 250+ in the mile. I plan to start at lower boost levels, and go faster and faster with each run. My first seat time in this car was last weekend (I ran a 9.8 @ 162 on lower boost on the 3rd pass and then we put it back on the trailer), so I am still getting comfortable in the car. I hope to get the car out of "nanny" mode and see what it can do.

It is going to be a blast at the Texas Mile, and please come cheer me on if you can make the event! I believe this will be the first time a Lamborghini has competed at this event, so I hope to do our brand proud!

Here is the video of my race car on the dyno, it put out 1508whp @ 30psi on race gas.

EDITED

Please come join us for the fun! Any other members here coming down for the fun? I live in Austin, so its ~2.5hours away. I'l have a few RVs out there, and hopefully some BBQ cooking *grin*

Jonah

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome, your car is making some serious power.

Aaron

Thanks Aaron. It was quite a thrill driving it! Are you coming to the Texas Mile? It would be great if we could get a decent lambo showing! I have been past 200mph before, but I can't wait to go faster...and faster! I just got rid of my 599gtb...I love my lambos!

Jonah

Thanks Aaron. It was quite a thrill driving it! Are you coming to the Texas Mile? It would be great if we could get a decent lambo showing! I have been past 200mph before, but I can't wait to go faster...and faster! I just got rid of my 599gtb...I love my lambos!

Jonah

Did you buy that Matte Yellow SV that was on youtube in CA?

Did you buy that Matte Yellow SV that was on youtube in CA?

Yes, its sitting in my garage right now :) I can't wait to get that big fugly SV sticker off it....going to put the smaller SV sticker on the front. :) Figuring out the wheels for it right now...Carbon Fiber HREs I think are appropriate for the car.

Jonah

Jonah

No texas mile for me, I have way too much going on. Plus my car has the regular gears so it would reach its top speed way before the end of the mile.

Aaron

No texas mile for me, I have way too much going on. Plus my car has the regular gears so it would reach its top speed way before the end of the mile.

Aaron

I hear you, its a busy time of year! You bringing your car to the Miami airfield event in January? I would love to run some Lambos on roll ons 60-130 or 100-180 :)

Jonah

forgive my stupidity I over looked that you said you live in Austin :eusa_wall:

I will be shocked if anyone breaks 230 let alone near sw's record. It all looks good on paper but there is a big difference from running 200, to 220, to 250.

UGR has ran 238 so i think theyll surpass 230 unless something breaks

Not that the car can't do it with the right boost, but at the airstrip, they started at at least 70 mph through the turn as everyone else did. Things are different from a dead stop

^ Yeah, with a 70mph rolling start it's very different.

As I said, try it and then come say how easy it is. I've been in a couple crazy high hp vehicles and putting together a clean run to get anywhere near that mph takes some serious prep and skill. SW made it look easy but he has a very well sorted car and is anything but a rook.

It's so much more than rolling up, putting your foot to the floor, and having your balls strapped into their own 5 points.

All I can say is go safe, don't act invincible, and above all do not slam on the brakes if it gets sketchy.

cant wait to see the TT lambos shatter records at texas mile

I'm not sure what the lambo standing mile record is, but I'm sure it runs a good chance of being broken. The overall record in the first time at the mile is unrealistic for any first timer at ANY event. I have a personal goal in the mile, and breaking the overall record is not the goal. I certainly don't want to find out the hard way the aerodynamic limits (or lack) of an 05 Gallardo :) I'm driving my own car, and my comfort level at speed is important!

At least I won't be at home bench racing :)

Jonah

At least I won't be at home bench racing :)

Jonah

That's what i'm sayin!!! Good chance I'll be there driving someone elses car, if you even think you need a provisional driver we can arrange someone. Don't sweat it, it does take a bit of a nut to run over 220.

Will your car have a chute on it?

Not that the car can't do it with the right boost, but at the airstrip, they started at at least 70 mph through the turn as everyone else did. Things are different from a dead stop

70mph head start isn't much at all considering the car runs easily over 125mph at the 1/8mile mark and 160+ at the 1/4 mile mark. Picking up 70mph (160 --> 230) over 3/4 mile is not going to be the issue. The issue is more the piece of "necessary" equipment sitting in that seat working those pedals and steering wheel :)

This is why we are going to the Texas Mile, to find out! From my experience, you never see the naysayers trying to find out if something is possible, you only have them trying to come up with reasons why something can't be done. Easy to naysay, hard to do!

I'll be at the Texas Mile...doing! I'll be at Miami as well, so if you have a fast lambo....come run me :) Naysayers of course are always welcome. The doers will show up and run me! Its going to be fun, come join!

Jonah

Just remember... they run those times on a prepped track. Doing it on a dusty runway is an entirely different animal.

You have more HP and more traction than SW's supra, so in that regard you should have no problem running at least 24x.

I've held it to the floor in a vert with the top down at over 210mph, the nut behind the wheel isn't my issue lol. I'm not knocking you or calling you out at all, hell I really hope you go out and set the world on fire. But at the same time, as I said, it isn't as east as it looks on paper. You better be well past 200 at the 1/2 mile to come anywhere near a crazy speed. that last 1/2 gets eaten up very very quickly.

^ Yeah, with a 70mph rolling start it's very different.

As I said, try it and then come say how easy it is. I've been in a couple crazy high hp vehicles and putting together a clean run to get anywhere near that mph takes some serious prep and skill. SW made it look easy but he has a very well sorted car and is anything but a rook.

It's so much more than rolling up, putting your foot to the floor, and having your balls strapped into their own 5 points.

All I can say is go safe, don't act invincible, and above all do not slam on the brakes if it gets sketchy.

This is why we get out there and race, to find out what if :) I had this car built for me to drive in the mile. It was not built to bench race. As soon as it was built, it was at the track in less than a week. Running a 9.8 @ 162 with me driving on the 3rd pass in the car should say enough. That's real racing, not bench racing off dyno numbers :) The car has been built right, and a lot of R&D has been accomplished by Kevin, KC, and the UR team.

I'm optimistic, and expect to get some clean, very fast runs. Its going to be fun!!

Jonah

That's what i'm sayin!!! Good chance I'll be there driving someone elses car, if you even think you need a provisional driver we can arrange someone. Don't sweat it, it does take a bit of a nut to run over 220.

Will your car have a chute on it?

Sometimes you feel like a nut....almond joy...mounds...

Yes, my car will have a chute on it. The car has turned out amazing, and I'm looking for to the Texas Mile being here!! Come find a way to see the runs, should be the best lambo show on earth that day :) I'll most likely have my Matte Yellow lp670-4 SV in the pits, so some cool lambos to look at :)

Jonah

Just remember... they run those times on a prepped track. Doing it on a dusty runway is an entirely different animal.

You have more HP and more traction than SW's supra, so in that regard you should have no problem running at least 24x.

I've held it to the floor in a vert with the top down at over 210mph, the nut behind the wheel isn't my issue lol. I'm not knocking you or calling you out at all, hell I really hope you go out and set the world on fire. But at the same time, as I said, it isn't as east as it looks on paper. You better be well past 200 at the 1/2 mile to come anywhere near a crazy speed. that last 1/2 gets eaten up very very quickly.

Certainly many unknowns, but at least another UR car went 238 already :)

Hey, isn't SW from Austin as well? SW's UR gallardo just got dynoed today...:) Any other TT Lambos in Austin? With my 2 and SW's 1, that makes 3 already.

Jonah

Certainly many unknowns, but at least another UR car went 238 already :)

Hey, isn't SW from Austin as well? SW's UR gallardo just got dynoed today...:) Any other TT Lambos in Austin? With my 2 and SW's 1, that makes 3 already.

Jonah

Yes SW is from Austin... I believe Peak is local as well. There are more than a couple big hp TT cars locally.