2010 E Class Coupe or Sedan

Fortis

Hi Guys I am looking for a new DD, the new E series from Benz could do the trick, at first glance the sedan looks ugly but the more I look at it the more I like it, the Coupe I quite like.

I would love to hear your opinions, I spent few hours on MBworld last night and I swear I've lost a considerable amount of brain cells!

Came across a coupe the other day, just in a car park at the Sharks club down here. Just in the normal Merc silver, and it looked damn good consider it's such a regular colour. Although there still hasn't been any talk of a 63 version which I sure will be a riot. If you can wait that long.

white looks nice in a Coupe, not interested in the 63 version I just want a nice car to drive around everyday, remember my 80,000 km in 12 months Q7 :lol2:

Car looks nice to me. I have a couple of guys that will be getting them when the 63 comes out. Supposedly drives really well and very good features. Good luck with it.

I bought my gf a loaded new E coupe in white with brown/tan interior with the AMG body kit for a DD. The car is a great. It is a great choice. Great features The coupe looks much better imho with the benz symbol in the grill over the 4 door with the emblem. I prefer the prior E class 4 door in style. It has alot ot offer for its price nad compared to my 08 s63 AMG, thre is huge value in it. Hope it helps.

thank you rulambru, I am in Germany at the moment and I went to the dealer here, they had a great number of cars on display but no white sedans, they had a white coupe which I liked very much. I think I will go with a coupe.

Do you have any shots of your car?

I was told there wouldn't be an AMG version but only a 500 with 5.5L engine. I remember last time Fortis you were looking for a DD.

Good review by DR who generally get it right:

Was just at Fletcher Jones fooling around with what they said is the only E63 AMG sedan currently in the country (an MB-owned demo car doing the rounds at big dealers) and that car is damn impressive.

The Coupe is delayed at least a year however, so no E63 AMG 2-door for at least 12 months according to the MB NA rep. The regular E350 Coupe looked boring by comparison to the E63 Sedan, fyi.

FJ had a lot of inventory including 4 x SLR Roadsters, 2 x AMG SL Black Series, and a ton of other big ticket items. Not sure if any of it is moving but the lot looks good at least.

The sedan looks terrible IMO, but I love the lines of the coupe.

The rear end still hasn't grown on me.

I really hope they do the AMG coupe, that would be absolutely insane!!

The 550 should do until then, no?

I agree with all the comments thus far. I test drove the sedan here in Miami and it's has all the tech, and then some, plus it rides incredibly well with some spunk. My wife doesn't want anymore gas guzzlers, so I've put a deposit on one of these, Fisker Karma, but the Sunset S version.

May also await the convertible E Class if it comes with a diesel engine.

I agree with all the comments thus far. I test drove the sedan here in Miami and it has all the tech, and then some, plus it rides incredibly well with some spunk. My wife doesn't want anymore gas guzzlers, so I've put a deposit on one of these, Fisker Karma, but we might await the Sunset S version.

I agree with all the comments thus far. I test drove the sedan here in Miami and it has all the tech, and then some, plus it rides incredibly well with some spunk. My wife doesn't want anymore gas guzzlers, so I've put a deposit on one of these, Fisker Karma, but we might await the Sunset S version.

Love the fiskers!

What are the wait times on those?

I agree with all the comments thus far. I test drove the sedan here in Miami and it's has all the tech, and then some, plus it rides incredibly well with some spunk. My wife doesn't want anymore gas guzzlers, so I've put a deposit on one of these, Fisker Karma, but the Sunset S version.

I saw the karma in Frankfurt I was wondering what it was, it looked good!

How much was it?

I don't think we will get them in OZ

Am I the only one who prefers the look of the sedan over the coupe :eusa_think: ? The coupe is fugly!

I know what you mean but you have to see one in flesh to appreciate it, must be white with AMG kit on, I don't like it in any other color.

If I get a white one I will chase some dark grey rims with some CF accents here and there is should be quite cool as a DD, the other thing that I like is that they loaded with gadgets.

Mako the AMG sedan is very impressive but they $250K where I am, I tend to drive a lot, I have no idea why and how but on my last DD I managed to put 80,000 km on it in about 12 months, if I buy a $250k Benz and put 80k on it I can say goodbuy to $150k in a year, not worth to tear up that much on a DD on a toy on the other hand, what can I say :icon_mrgreen:

I can't think of any other DD around this price range that would be as exciting, I hate BMW 5 series and the X6, not so much the X5 but I had a Q7 so sick of big cars, Audi S5 Slopoke has one so that says a lot about it :icon_mrgreen: can't think of any other Coupes that I can drive daily, Porsche not enough room in the back for the kids.

Jags, to young for them :icon_mrgreen:

No idea what else is left out there.

Wouldn't you prefer CL-Class C216?

IMO looks much better then the new E-Class, this one is tuned by Wald

I love the CL looked at it two years ago, but to expensive here $250k for a used 500, $380k for a used 63, the new E except AMG version is a sub $200k car almost as expensive as a used LP560 in Poland I bet, it sucks but what can you do?

Did you ever get a hold on an S5 off Greg?

I did, the V8 was nice.

What do you honestly think about the E Coupe, you know you can tell me if you think it is butt ugly :lol2:

I was told there wouldn't be an AMG version but only a 500 with 5.5L engine. I remember last time Fortis you were looking for a DD.

Good review by DR who generally get it right:

Good review thank you! :icon_thumleft:

I saw the karma in Frankfurt I was wondering what it was, it looked good!

How much was it?

I don't think we will get them in OZ

What about HSVs? well every rugby players drive one of those.....