Share Your G's reliability record

djantlive

Please share your G's reliability record. Out of X miles, what are the main failures you experience?

Model Year

Current Mileage

Main failures (warranty and non warranty repairs)

Please share your G's reliability record. Out of X miles, what are the main failures you experience?

Model Year

Current Mileage

Main failures (warranty and non warranty repairs)

Search the forum.

i spent some time reading and have found most of people are happy with their G's reliability.

however, i looked at a 2008 G with 31k miles. it had 2 egear failures and 3 CELs. The egear failures scares me as they are over $20k to replace the tranny. that seems less than reliable compare to a 360/430. so, that's were I am coming from.

i spent some time reading and have found most of people are happy with their G's reliability.

however, i looked at a 2008 G with 31k miles. it had 2 egear failures and 3 CELs. The egear failures scares me as they are over $20k to replace the tranny. that seems less than reliable compare to a 360/430. so, that's were I am coming from.

The egear failures you speak of is a pressure bypass issue and it is the egear system they are replacing. It can be solved by replacing the acuator aboout 6,000 and cleaning the system out.

The 360 are having the same issues with bypassing pressure. They use the same system that Lambo dose. Not that maney cars have this issues but some will just like some 360 do.

The egear failures you speak of is a pressure bypass issue and it is the egear system they are replacing. It can be solved by replacing the acuator aboout 6,000 and cleaning the system out.

The 360 are having the same issues with bypassing pressure. They use the same system that Lambo dose. Not that maney cars have this issues but some will just like some 360 do.

so are you saying to replace the acuator before the egear failure at around 6000 miles or is that the fix after the failure? my car is a 07 that has 5k miles and the only problem that it has had so far is that sometime when i hit both paddles to go to neutral it downshifts. i dont try to go to neutral anymore i just let the car downshift itself when coming to a stop. i think its a programming problem

so are you saying to replace the acuator before the egear failure at around 6000 miles or is that the fix after the failure? my car is a 07 that has 5k miles and the only problem that it has had so far is that sometime when i hit both paddles to go to neutral it downshifts. i dont try to go to neutral anymore i just let the car downshift itself when coming to a stop. i think its a programming problem

I think it's a repair after failure. Not a preventive maintenance.

You should get your car fixed though. Coast in neutral will help reduce clutch wear. I think it's out of warranty though. 07 has a 2 yr warranty.

I think it's a repair after failure. Not a preventive maintenance.

You should get your car fixed though. Coast in neutral will help reduce clutch wear. I think it's out of warranty though. 07 has a 2 yr warranty.

yes my car is out of warranty by a couple of months. it didnt start doing that until a few days after the warranty was up. so what is the 6000 number jefflambo is talking about? is it $6000 to replace the acuator? would a bad acuator cause my car to downshift instead of going into neutral?

yes my car is out of warranty by a couple of months. it didnt start doing that until a few days after the warranty was up. so what is the 6000 number jefflambo is talking about? is it $6000 to replace the acuator? would a bad acuator cause my car to downshift instead of going into neutral?

actuator is around $6k i heard. i also read on this forum that lambo doesnt sell the actuator by itself anymore. the whole tranny is like $24k which is what I am worried about. i can afford $6k but $24k is outrageous.

you should take ur car to dealer to fix it soon. they may even cover it if it's only a couple months out of warranty. maybe it's just a clogged hose.

when u r at a light, it's supposed to go to N after 30 sec or so to save clutch. if it doesn't you will wear ur clutch quickly which is another $5-9k.

I had many people sue me for neck injuries from both, inside and outside passengers. :-p

Seriously a flawless car.

It was $6,000. I have replaced a few but I would have to check to see if they changed how they supply.

Most cars will not have this issue but a small # will, luck of the draw. Just like there is a small # that will have engine fail. This is true of all cars no matter who made them. As far as Lamborghinis go they are by far the most reliabale cars they have ever built.

The 06 and up cars have less issues then the 04/05 but all of them have been prity solid. We watch Warranty claims go down every year.

what does a egear reprogram do? why did you have to get that service done?

There are 2 things they could have done 1 is they ran a egear selflearn (the ecu goes thru and learns the postion of each gear and the selector movment) this adj. for any wear. 2 they could have installed a up dated egear program. It can change all aspects of egear operation from take off to shifting up and down.

what does a egear reprogram do? why did you have to get that service done?

They reset the computer and let the PIS relearn the clutch or something. It was not right at first, but after a few miles it was spot on.

They also ran a complete flash on the software- it was a huge improvement all around. Seriously wish I would have done this from the get-go.

It's hard to believe that just a reprogram and software update could make that much of a difference. The only down side is that the "blip" on the downshift has a little too much cowbell in it now.

Where did you see a 08 G with 31k miles??

Well an 08 has 3 years of warranty so if they fixed that stuff, there shouldnt be any issue cause most folks have nothing like that.

I have an 08 with 10,500 miles and have had pretty much no issues. Those little tubes that go into the exhaust that were replaced with stainless steel ones - they swapped those right after i bought the car, the passenger door handle clips cracked/broke and they replaced that outer piece, and one of the little gaskets in the spoiler where it moves up and down came dislodged and they replaced it. All under warranty, and all stuff I would expect on a car like this...or an audi, bmw, porsche, etc.