If someone rear-ended your Lambo (or other high $ car)

Grigio

What should my punishment be?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. I lied about my age when I joined

• Lifetime Ban
    • Suspension for the same amount of time I was here that I shouldnt have been
    • One month Suspension

The kid who started this thread followed the spirit of the rules, he didn't post(assuming he is not lying....) UNTIL he was 18, but violated the technical restriction of signing up under age. He also came clean right away. On the other hand, GB violated both the technicallities and the spirit of the rules by lying to a mod about his age, and pretending/posting away as a 47 year old father. Many of you voted for some sort of ban for the thread starter yet some of you want to bend the rules for GB. Is this fair?

I agree with you that the kid who started this thread followed the spirit of the rules (but not the technicalities).

However, I think that GB also followed the spirit of the rules. Correct if I'm wrong, please, but I am under the impression that the spirit of the rules are:

1. This site has adult content and we don't wanna get our asses in legal trouble.

2. Don't be a douche and/or be annoying.

GB seems, to me, to be mature enough to handle a couple tit pictures, as well as being mature enough for his age to not be an annoying person.

So, in a way, I can see his side. And I can see how he didn't break the spirit of the rules.

On the flip side, he DID lie to a moderator. And lying isn't cool. Not at all. His justification for lying seems to hold more merit, however, than any typical lie. I believe he is accurate when he claims that no one on this site would have given him the time of day if he was straight-forward about his age. So, in *his* mind, he had to lie to circumvent this situation.

I'm sure we can all agree that it is MUCH harder for a younger person to be taken seriously, even when they are making a very legitimate, mature point.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys, let's not take ourselves too seriously here. This is not WAR and PEACE! And certainly, this is not life and death. And yes, I ought to know, because I deal with those matters every day in my line of work. GBG made some mistakes, yes. huh.. we all have in our lives, haven't we? Which one of us has never done something that bent the rules with full knowledge of what we were doing. GBG had a dream and through the family of LP we help his achieve that. Isn't the point of this board to enrich each others experiences based on our shared passion for lambo's, exotics etc? GBG has undoubtedly contributed to the board as much as he has consumed. Which one of us would honestly say that he has not been a valuable member of our family? Notwithstanding RD concerns about his reputation (which is a legitimate matter from a fairness perspective), have any of us been harmed by GBG presence on the board?

He is a brother, yes he lied and he has admitted that--repentance AND forgiveness is also a hallmark of mature adulthood. What I am not saying is that we should look entirely the other way. Provided that Robert is will pen an apology to the LP community, an to RomanDad, who feels personally offending by the way a post was written which may have given the wrong impression, i think that should settle the matter. At most, perhaps a 2-4 week posting moratorium would send the message that we are serious. There is adult matter and we clearly don't want the annoying teenage posts so I am supportive of the 18 year old rule.

So, as a LP member, who knows him personally and have some insight, might I suggest that we adopt a more forgiving stance and move one. Back to the business of Lambo enthusiasm :)

I believe he is accurate when he claims that no one on this site would have given him the time of day if he was straight-forward about his age. So, in *his* mind, he had to lie to circumvent this situation.

I'm sure we can all agree that it is MUCH harder for a younger person to be taken seriously, even when they are making a very legitimate, mature point.

Just don't tell anyone your age and no one would make a issue of it.

Ok... So were getting a lot of "he's a kid and we all made mistakes at his age.. ANd who amongst us is without sin?

No doubt when I was his age I fucked up plenty... But I paid the consequences... I wouldn't be doing him any favors if I let this slide... He wants to play grownup. Part of that is taking your lumps when you get caught.

Nobody is talking about drawing and quartering him.... But there will be a consequence, and if he wants to stay here, he's going to have to pay it....

ANd it didnt help his case that I had a lousy time at the concert tonight.

May I suggest a very large monetary donation to LamboPower would go a long way to redeeming his sins. And those of all other liers.

May I also suggest an immediate ban on anyone who posts stuff like "What do you do for a living?", and similar immature posts. Those are indicators of underage (mental or physical), and really do not contribute anything worthy to this site.

Last, perhaps a more stringent rule to help curtail the under-18's. Don't know how to do this, but jumping through more hoops of proof of age.

From looking at the various posts, I bet there are hundreds of teenagers on this site. You can just tell sometimes, by the flavour of the posts.

May I suggest a very large monetary donation to LamboPower would go a long way to redeeming his sins. And those of all other liers.

Talk about overreaction.

This is a car forum not a courtroom.

I hate liars so this is a hard one for me.

Naturally there will have to be punishment for lying, the severity of it has to be dictated when everything was taken into account, GB seems like a cool guy, he had a goal and he achieved it, hopefully he learned that honesty is the best policy, he's a smart guy and his achievements show that.

We all know that the "anonymity" of the internet cause many people to lie about certain things when they fill forms online, specially about their age, when these teenagers join LP they have no idea if they going to like it or not, they just want to have a look, they just click whatever they have to click to reach their goal, some might go away but some get hooked and stay, I am sure that there are many under 18 members on the board, the joining process must be a lot more stringent and complicated if you want to keep underage members away.

This might be a stupid question but why would LP be legally responsible for the lies of their underage membership, if clearly the person that ticked the over 18 box is at fault? I understand that there are reasons other that the legal one why LP wants teenagers out but would LP be legally liable?

A bank wouldn't be hold responsible if their customers lied when they filled out paperwork, it just doesn't make sense to me.

This might be a stupid question but why would LP be legally responsible for the lies of their underage membership, if clearly the person that ticked the over 18 box is at fault? I understand that there are reasons other that the legal one why LP wants teenagers out but would LP be legally liable?

A bank wouldn't be hold responsible if their customers lied when they filled out paperwork, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Would the bank be responsible if the customer lied on the application and the bank KNEW that customer lied, yet still loaned the customer money? For the correct answer assume all the govts in the world are broke, and can no longer bailout banks.....

The issue is once we know about an underage member, we have to do something about it, otherwise LPower could be implicated in knowingly distributing adult material to minors.

The issue is once we know about an underage member, we have to do something about it, otherwise LPower could be implicated in knowingly distributing adult material to minors.

I believe GB is now of age, so any material we distributed to him while he was underage was unknown to us. Now that we *do* know, it's okay because he is of age.

I believe GB is now of age, so any material we distributed to him while he was underage was unknown to us. Now that we *do* know, it's okay because he is of age.

So we give GB a pass, would we not be sending a signal to any minor thats its ok to bypass the rules by creating a fake persona, lie to mods, then come clean when they are of age, and everything will be forgotten? GB slipped under the radar for a while, but unfortunately he is back on it, this tends to happen when you lie.

So we give GB a pass, would we not be sending a signal to any minor thats its ok to bypass the rules by creating a fake persona, lie to mods, then come clean when they are of age, and everything will be forgotten? GB slipped under the radar for a while, but unfortunately he is back on it, this tends to happen when you lie.

Im ready to call it a day and lock this one.

60 days was one of the LIGHTER punishments recommended by the rest of the team and I think it sends the right message....

The OP got 30 days (Although I wouldn't be surprised to see him back sooner.... I might be willing to cut GB the same slack IF he stops PMing me and trying to friend me on Facebook.)