Diablo shift knob

murcivu

Anyone know where I can get a steel ball aftermarket shift knob for the Diablo that looks similar to the Murcielago shift knob? Car arrived yesterday. It's been pouring like there's no tomorrow. I will post some pics when the sun is out. TIA.

THX Chipster! That's exactly it. I don't like the oem either. I see quite a few steel ball shifter on ebay, but not exactly sure if it'll fit. What's the thread pattern?

You might have an issue with the metal ball for you shifter. The oem shift knobs do not screw on, they slide on and is secured with a allen screw. There are'nt any threads at the tip of the rod. Your best bet is to try Momo. They have quite the selection. And they fit perfect.

Maybe it depends on the year, but mine's a '91 & the rod definitely has threads. The shifter I have right now is the momo raptor shift knob and it's screwed on.

post-3902-1256870829_thumb.jpg

Like this? It was on mine when I got it so i dont know where or what it is but I never liked the look of the stock knob

Since you have my old 91, the source where I bought the ball from was Italian Carparts. I'm not sure if they still have them but thats where I bought it. I hated the original.

Since you have my old 91, the source where I bought the ball from was Italian Carparts. I'm not sure if they still have them but thats where I bought it. I hated the original.

Thx. I'll give them a try.

That, gentlemen, is the air pressure gauge for the aftermarket lift system. To the left of the gauge is a toggle type button to raise and lower.

That, gentlemen, is the air pressure gauge for the aftermarket lift system. To the left of the gauge is a toggle type button to raise and lower.

pimpin

Dear Lamborghinisti,

My 97.5 VT Roadster also has threads at the top of the shifter stalk. You can put an OEM Diablo 6.0 knob directly. I know....I did.

BUT....

The 6.0 knob is burnished and kinda looks "hacked up". Also, while it's the same size as the typical polished Ferrari knob, it just looked small in the Roadster.

The 6.0 knob looks good with the 6.0 Shifter base....the thick aluminum one. I was going to put it on but was concerned about the alignment. Even the guys at Lambo Orange County (where I bought the parts from ) were scratching their heads on my request. I decided not to go with it.

Instead, I went with a polished MOMO knob....MOMO sport I believe. I comes with a sleeve and inserts to make sure it snugs down tight and the the set screws are used to align it......perfectly.

S7300279.JPG

The ball has a small shaft attached sort of like the OEM knob so it has a good balance of knob moving down the shaft...same "style" as OEM....so to me, it looked correct....better than a small ball on a stick look.

Shamile

after market shifters have to be the right balance in weight or it wont feel right.

+1

The MOMO has good feel and was slightly heavier than the OEM.

I'm happy with it. :)

Shamile