Sport or corsa mode

topjay

Whats mode should a lp560 be dynoed in or will it make no difference. Is there anything else i need to do eg turn of traction controll, etc?

Quick answers please as it is happening in a few hours time.

Whats mode should a lp560 be dynoed in or will it make no difference. Is there anything else i need to do eg turn of traction controll, etc?

Quick answers please as it is happening in a few hours time.

yes, turn of traction control... and I dont think corsa makes a difference but you might aswell. Also make sure its done in 4th gear

yes, turn of traction control... and I dont think corsa makes a difference but you might aswell. Also make sure its done in 4th gear

Right did all that and the result is somewhat of a disappointment, charts to follow when i get back in the office. Seems very low?

Flyweel hp: 520

Torque: 374

At the weels hp: 391

Torque: 290

On a dyno dynamics dynometer.

Right did all that and the result is somewhat of a disappointment, charts to follow when i get back in the office. Seems very low?

Flyweel hp: 520

Torque: 374

At the weels hp: 391

Torque: 290

On a dyno dynamics dynometer.

Hmm that doesn't seem right for even an 06-08, let alone a 560

I'm taking it to a different dyno for a second opinion, just in case!

I'm quite used to quite fast'ish cars (porsches tt, evos, etc) and its definately the quickest thing i have ever driven, but that said i am still a little worried that i've got an issue.

Car is a year old with 3000 miles.

I'm taking it to a different dyno for a second opinion, just in case!

I'm quite used to quite fast'ish cars (porsches tt, evos, etc) and its definately the quickest thing i have ever driven, but that said i am still a little worried that i've got an issue.

Car is a year old with 3000 miles.

It's an LP560 right? Should be putting down way more than that even if it is all wheel figures. My old c6 had ~400whp and ~390wtq it was definitely no match for my G w/ only 520hp. I haven't seen many dynos of these cars, but on the 06-08's, I've seen between 415whp-430whp (Non-SL)

Ok so here are the graphs, although it says gear 3 it was in 4th, we also ran it in 3rd and it came out 10hp down on this. Did we get something wrong? I'm going to get a full fresh tank of fuel defore i take it to a different dyno just to eliminate that as a possible issue.

Dyno_560_FW.jpg

Dyno_560_ATW.jpg

All dynos vary.. Just buy a vbox. I took a bone stock Lp560 and ran 11.6@124 with a 200lb passanger...

Quick question, won't Vbox times vary a bit due to the temperature and the density altitude? I'm sure a guy running 60-130 in 40 degree weather in 0-500 DA will run a noticeably quicker time than the same car in 90 degree weather in 2000 + DA.

Quick question, won't Vbox times vary a bit due to the temperature and the density altitude? I'm sure a guy running 60-130 in 40 degree weather in 0-500 DA will run a noticeably quicker time than the same car in 90 degree weather in 2000 + DA.

It will, but if you list your conditions you will know if its inline or not...

I hope your true results on dyno dynamics appear with respect to your lp560.

DMS Automotive remapped by 07 Gallardo Spyder and my dyno dynamics dynograph results came to 546.3 crank hp and 406 lb ft torque.

DMS Automotive remapped by 07 Gallardo Spyder and my dyno dynamics dynograph results came to 546.3 crank hp and 406 lb ft torque.

What cooling fans did they use for air supply? Did they stand in front of the car or on the sides where you need the air?

Do you have a pic of the cooling fans?

Imagine if they had the same wind speed like you have on the road, it would blow you away. And this would be needed to a accurate measuring.

Bad cooling costs you lots of power, 90% of all dynos have no sufficient cooling.

What cooling fans did they use for air supply? Did they stand in front of the car or on the sides where you need the air?

Do you have a pic of the cooling fans?

Imagine if they had the same wind speed like you have on the road, it would blow you away. And this would be needed to a accurate measuring.

Bad cooling costs you lots of power, 90% of all dynos have no sufficient cooling.

It was one big fan to the front centre, i did consider this, as they left the car running for 5 mins building up heat just sitting there whilst they were setting up without the fan on. It was a cool'ish day but next time i'm going to have the engine cover open as well and try and control the variables a bit better.

Its only for fun anyway, although initially i was worried i don't think there is a problem, its quick enough. I'll get a performance box like Allan suggested at the end of winter and or find another car to do a couple of runs with.

The guys at the dyno were nice but it was situated in an industrial estate that was like a warzone! it was a reccomendation from a mechanic friend but i wont be going back there.

Its been too wet over here to do anything this week but i'll post the results when i do another run.

Thanks for your input.

Hi Arun,

THanks for your figures, I did speak to DMS as they seem to have quite a bit of experience and i have had a 996 TT done by them, they are a long way from me though.

They said on there dyno they usually get 550-560 hp standard, however they wanted more than triple the money any of any other dyno (even the hub ones who remove & refit the wheels) to do a power run for me.

They also said if they mapped it they hoped to achieve 608 bhp (50-60 hp gain) this seemed a little ambitious for a NA car. I have had it done before & in my experience you can usually not even notice the difference in NA cars.

How is your car before and after, although i remain skeptical i assume you are pleased with their results?

If they can get the gains that they claim that's fantastic. Have you had a chance to run your car against a standard one?

Also do you have any other mods to achieve that output as i would assume a exhaust an decat could potentially play a significant part.

It was one big fan to the front centre, i did consider this, as they left the car running for 5 mins building up heat just sitting there whilst they were setting up without the fan on. It was a cool'ish day but next time i'm going to have the engine cover open as well and try and control the variables a bit better.

Its only for fun anyway, although initially i was worried i don't think there is a problem, its quick enough. I'll get a performance box like Allan suggested at the end of winter and or find another car to do a couple of runs with.

The guys at the dyno were nice but it was situated in an industrial estate that was like a warzone! it was a reccomendation from a mechanic friend but i wont be going back there.

Its been too wet over here to do anything this week but i'll post the results when i do another run.

Thanks for your input.

Pretty useless with the fan in front of the car. You need one big fan on each side. Just put you hand in front of the intake and you see there is not much air arriving there. Its a n/a car, but without good air suply it runs hot and looses power. And a little ram air effect is there, also. Put your hand there and compare it to what happens when you drive 180 mph and put your hand out of the window.

You will feel the difference ;-)

Also before and after dyno watch out that the car runs as hot as before. If they dyno it with shit numbers now and then let it cool down and dynot it again withouzt letting it idle too much, the car is cooler and makes more power. An easy way to make the figures look better....

I had similar results on an awd dyno with the LP560.

Two different dynos, one from automotive engineering company and a development dyno in a lamborghini performance center.

power output varied in about 100hp at the wheels.

there are so many factors to be taken in consideration. tire temp, airflow, humidity aso.

I thought my 552hp and 440/372 whp were way to little. but in the end, they put a factory new LP560 from the showroom on the dyno and it put out even "worser" nummers.

Your car should be alright. Just measure some times and compare them to other 560s.

AWHP will always read lower than RWHP. RWHP are what most ppls numbers are on here I think so it sounds about right tbh.

What do you mean with AWHP?

What do you mean with AWHP?

I assume All Wheel Horse Power.

No way would drive train loses rack up to that on the dyno on such a new car.

Where was this dyno'd?