Lamborghini Prices Around the World thread™

Government taxes, Singapore is even higher, There are many try to bride custom official to bring in the car as spare parts and re assemble locally. (for lower taxes) But that carry its risk as well, as already 11 aventador in thailand already had been conficated.

Also, US car is LHD, thailand car is RHD. Just last year, A friend of mine import a Diablo GT from UK, after all the taxes and refurbishment, he spend almost 1 million USD.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With prices like these, why aren't US owners selling their cars (for much more) out of the country???

What? You realize the price difference is taxes right? :eusa_wall:

Government taxes, Singapore is even higher, There are many try to bride custom official to bring in the car as spare parts and re assemble locally. (for lower taxes) But that carry its risk as well, as already 11 aventador in thailand already had been conficated.

Also, US car is LHD, thailand car is RHD. Just last year, A friend of mine import a Diablo GT from UK, after all the taxes and refurbishment, he spend almost 1 million USD.

11 Aventadors have been confiscated? What did the government do with them?

Also don't forget exchange rates. By last year, AU$ was stronger than the US$, so a new LP640 was over US$900,000 in Australia.

New prices are also reflected in the used prices too.

18 months ago I paid AU$210,000 (US$250,000) for my Diablo Roadster and spent another AU$105,000 restoring it (I'm pedantic), so the car essentially owes me US$370k. You should have seen the arguments I had with Haggerty's UK Insurance for the 50th Giro. They couldn't understand why I wanted it insured for 205,000GBP, when new, in the UK, they cost 164,000GBP. I told them that I needed replacement cost in Australia.

11 Aventadors have been confiscated? What did the government do with them?

They were 14 aventador grey market imported into thailand, 11 got seized already, they falsify the document to show that car is bring in as spare parts and locally assembly until 6 supercars (inclued 2 lp700) got burned in transport. This scandal is still going on, as many of the politician's family own them.

aventador_thailand.jpg

You gain more taxes through higher volumes, lower taxes boost sales, retail, service industry, secondary market, etc. it generally has a trickle down effect, none of those countries have a local manufacturer in competition with the imported product but while we are led by idiots that basic business concept is lost on them, the "Robin Hood" society preaches stealing from the rich and "giving" to the poor but what they fail to work out is that the poor and middle class are the ones who are losing out and that's majority of the market.

Aside of Japan all of Asia is stuck in the Middle Ages with their rip off luxury taxes and it shows.

the "Robin Hood" society preaches stealing from the rich and "giving" to the poor but what they fail to work out is that the poor and middle class are the ones who are losing out and that's majority of the market.

Well, the taxes that are levied is not giving to the poor, rather is taken by the corrupt high level government official.

HannibalACP82, asked where will all the seized aventador will go,

my guess is it will go through a non advertised auction in a couple of years. where the bid will be rigged so the nominee of the high level official and friends will win them. This is the way business is done in SE asia.

Maybe Korea (Republic of) is the first.. :)

Base price for Murciélago LP 640 - 437.132.68 USD

Base price for Gallardo LP 560-4 Spyder - 341,941.23 USD

:D

It's not just taxes. It's the greed of local importers too:

There is 220k worth of taxes on the Aventador!

But yes you are right... The importers are taking s for a ride!

Aside of Japan all of Asia is stuck in the Middle Ages with their rip off luxury taxes and it shows.

In places like Macau, Singapore, HK etc I see the point of high taxes on cars, afaik all cars are taxed not just luxury ones. Given the small territory and the high population density , it would not be wise for everyone to have cars. Even so they are packed and massive traffic jams are common. But in Australia... LOL, it must have one of the lowest population densities in the world.

But in Australia... LOL, it must have one of the lowest population densities in the world.

yeah,lets equate it to roughly, the population of New York, but the size of the USA

In places like Macau, Singapore, HK etc I see the point of high taxes on cars, afaik all cars are taxed not just luxury ones. Given the small territory and the high population density , it would not be wise for everyone to have cars. Even so they are packed and massive traffic jams are common. But in Australia... LOL, it must have one of the lowest population densities in the world.

No government should have enough power to decide whether you should be driving or not by beating you into submission financially, think of many places around Europe in some of the older smaller towns where it's quite difficult to operate a car, people adapt and most own scooters, smaller cars etc. I want to have the freedom of choice without being ripped off, in a global economy I expect most goods to be priced almost equally, I understand paying extra due to geographic location, size of the market etc. but certainly not 2 to 3 times more.