Which Brand of battery tender to buy?

BBToro

First winter of putting away my Gallardo. Which battery tender would you guys recommend? I did some research myself and came up with "Battery Tender PLus" or "CTEK CTK 3300" or are there others you recommend???

Thanks ahead of time for any feedback on this.

Because?

I have both. Battery Tender, and Optimate III.

There has been a few times that I had the Battery Tender hooked up to one of my motorcycles, and it indicated it was fully charged. Go to start it, dead...Nothing. Check the leads, hook it up again, and after 15 mins, it says it's fully charged....Hmm...

Hook up Optimate, it says charging/desulfating for about a day. Go to start, and VROOMMMM...Starts right up.

So while the Battery Tender might 'help', I don't think it's the best.

First winter of putting away my Gallardo. Which battery tender would you guys recommend? I did some research myself and came up with "Battery Tender PLus" or "CTEK CTK 3300" or are there others you recommend???

Thanks ahead of time for any feedback on this.

I've used both, and both work fine for maintaining a battery, but I prefer the Ctek. Besides the higher output (3.3amp vs. 1.25amp) It seems to do a better job at bringing deeper discharged batteries back up.

i use the deltran battery tender plus. only compaint I cant hook up to cig lighter adapter that I bought with it. although this problem would happen with any brand. some have reported that cig light hookup in the earlier years does work. 06 it does not.

I used to use the one that Interstate makes. It always worked well for me in the showroom. It was relatively inexpensive comparatively speaking. You can pick them up at most battery stores that sell Interstate batteries. Just a thought. I have not tried the other products mentioned.

"i use the deltran battery tender plus."

Same here have them on all my vehicles...works great...never used the cig lighter input...

I have a Deltran Plus. Pretty much plug and play. I had the Lambo Tech attach the permanent connection to the battery and it peeks out of the vents just in front of the rear tire, so It's easy to access.

Cig lighter hook up will not work if the cig lighter is switched, meaning it has to be a live socket when the key is off.