Lambo Madura Concept

alto

http://www.worldcarfans.com/109120823436/l...-design-project

A futuristic hybrid concept

By Michael Gauthier

Slavche Tanevsky, a student at the Munich University of Applied Sciences, has created this futuristic Lamborghini design concept.

Dubbed the Madura (named after an Indonesian island famous for bull races), the concept was created - in collaboration with Lamborghini and Audi designers - for Lamborghini's Raw Materials Project.

According to Tanevsky, "The Madura is a proposal for the first hybrid Lamborghini scheduled for 2016. Doing a car more efficient and more nature-friendly, doesn't mean it shouldn't be exciting, good-looking and fast. (But) in my opinion this new propulsion system should be represented on the looks of the car."

While it's vaguely reminiscent of the Reventón and the Estoque concept, the whole design of the Madura is sleeker, more focused, and more aggressive. Up front, the Madura features slim headlights (to emphasize the cars' width), huge air intakes, and a curvaceous hood. Out back, the front-mounted hybrid powertrain allowed Tanevsky to create a maze of intricate lines which helps to give the car a unique appearance.

meh, its okay. fortunately its one person's vision, not something lamborghini will make. the reventon may be all edges and lines, but its not "blocky" if you know what I mean. no surface continues for more than a short distance without being cut off by another edge. this thing looks like a tonka toy.

Yea, for me it lacks any elegance. It's extreme for the sake of extreme as if more is more. What makes the Murcielago work so well is that it's a brute with some elegance and some subtleties to the design. It's like the difference between a well-dressed elegant woman and a hooker. Both may be interesting to look at, yet elegance is timeless. Part of it is that this design isn't honest. What I mean by that is that Lamborghini has done a terrific job of merging style with function. This is a bunch of useless gingerbread to make an ugly car look interesting. It's just not honest.