Cruise Control?

lassthompson

Hi All -

I've wanted a Lambo for quite some time now but, in all honesty, I had no idea of the fun and feel of driving one! I just (finally) got my own '06 G coupe Sunday afternoon, minus manual. As a result I'm asking 'stupid' questions. Please bear with me.

In the description (before I bought the car) it claimed to have cruise control. I've looked over a number of other ads and found this to be the norm rather than the exception. Unfortunately, I can't identify it. I've even been told by some that Lambo's don't come with that option. Is there such a thing? If not, has anybody installed one? I do quite a bit of cross country driving and hate speeding tickets. Or even getting stopped!

Speaking of which - it's also supposed to have a K4 radar detector built in to the dash somewhere. Same problem, basically. Where would it be and how would you work it? This is secondary, as I plan to take it to the local K4 shop (about 30 miles away) and ask them next week. Still, you might save me a trip down there. I'd much rather be on some winding mountain road...but I bet you knew that.

Thanks in advance.

DRIVE ON -

Lass Thompson

No cruise control but it does have a speed limit warning feature. I think I put it on maybe the first day I had it and then said screw that... not b/c I wanted to speed but b/c it was annoying.

> No cruise control but it does have a speed limit warning feature. I think I put it on maybe the first day I had it and then said screw that... not b/c I wanted to speed but b/c it was annoying.

Set it to 200 mph. :)

Thanks, y'all. If that's all there is, then that's all there is. How do you set it? The whole dash looks like a jet fighter's cockpit to me! And to make matters worse, I don't think in Italian...

Cars do not come with a K40 (not K4). It may have been put into yours by previous owner.

Read owner's manual carefully on how to set speed warning chime/light.

Cars do not come with a K40 (not K4). It may have been put into yours by previous owner.

Read owner's manual carefully on how to set speed warning chime/light.

I think he said that the car didn't come with a manual...And I agree that the speed warning thing is such a fcuking pain in the ass, I almost smashed the dashboard with my fist when I accidentally turned it on, and couldn't figure out how to shut it off as I cruised down the highway.

But no traditional cruise control for the Gallardo.

Sorry - K40! Never had one before, but I think you're right - it was put in by a previous owner. Unfortunately, when I say "minus manual" I mean "minus ANY manuals". Or service records, for that matter. It had been serviced at Lambo of Orange County and they're defunct - no records available! My mechanic/friend flew out with me to California to look the car over before I bought it. He's outstanding, specializing in Hi Performance and Racing, though mostly German and Japanese cars. He gave it a clean bill of health, so I bought it. I feel like an idiot asking these questions, but I'm at a loss for the information.

I assume from the replies (or lack of them) that there is no such thing as cruise control for a Gallardo? Does anyone know of an aftermarket kit that will work? Although my heart is still young, my legs tell me differently and the cruise control on my Z4 is a life saver for them!

One more thing....I want to thank you all for your kindness. It would be easy to poke fun at me, or to criticize my decision to buy without paperwork, yet you've all resisted the temptation. That takes class.

No cruise control as others mentioned. Just the speed warning indicator and I'm with Turbo50Mike in that it's idiotic and sent from Satan. I too couldn't figure out how to turn it off when I got my 560.

My SLR came with a K40. There's an underdash remote head unit. Look under the dash by your left or right knee. It's there somewhere if you've got the same setup. Now grab hold of it and yank it until there's wires dangling from your fist. Now throw it all in the trash because that's where that radar detector belongs.

No cruise control as others mentioned. Just the speed warning indicator and I'm with Turbo50Mike in that it's idiotic and sent from Satan. I too couldn't figure out how to turn it off when I got my 560.

My SLR came with a K40. There's an underdash remote head unit. Look under the dash by your left or right knee. It's there somewhere if you've got the same setup. Now grab hold of it and yank it until there's wires dangling from your fist. Now throw it all in the trash because that's where that radar detector belongs.

The K-40 is a really good gas station and cvs detector.

Like others have mentioned there is no cruise control. It's a sports car :)

Welcome to Lpower, congrats and enjoy your G. If you visit this thread, and post up a pic, we will give you an owners title, so check it out.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18327

Now regarding your borderline sacrilegious request.... we dont want no stinking cruise control! Get used to 6th speed! :icon_mrgreen:

Welcome to Lpower, congrats and enjoy your G. If you visit this thread, and post up a pic, we will give you an owners title, so check it out.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18327

Now regarding your borderline sacrilegious request.... we dont want no stinking cruise control! Get used to 6th speed! :icon_mrgreen:

I didn't ask you to want it. I do. Fair enough?

I didn't ask you to want it. I do. Fair enough?

My bad, dont take my comment too seriously, we love modding cars here, but yours is the first request that I can recall for cruise control..... Do what makes you happy! :icon_thumleft:

My bad, dont take my comment too seriously, we love modding cars here, but yours is the first request that I can recall for cruise control..... Do what makes you happy! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks. I didn't mean to sound snappy. Don't know where you live, but I'm in the southwest and it's over 4 hundred miles to the nearest oasis of civilization (defined as having a Lambo dealership). My heart may be youthful, but my legs argue with me after the first 5 or 6 hours.

In my younger days I would have never understood. Nor likely even tried.

Drive on,

Lass

• 5 weeks later...

Update on the Cruise Control issue -

Thanks to Joe Brandenburg (in Minnesota) I now have cruise control on my '06 G Coupe. He recommended a shop in the Phoenix area (Dick's Speed-0-Tach on McClintock in Tempe). Although they took longer than expected to complete the job (a full day), it was in the interest of doing the job right. They did. It is an single, OEM looking "stick" mounted just below and behind the turn signal. Following the installation, I made the return 10 hour drive without a single problem - and my legs were relieved of the constant pressure adjustments on the gas pedal. It was also a joy to watch OTHERS stopped for speeding! (It's far too easy for that to happen inadvertently in one of these babies.) The drive was more enjoyable and I arrived feeling much fresher than I had on the trip out. All for less than $600!

Regardless of what the "purist" may say, if you are going to spend long hours on a freeway in your road rocket, you couldn't do your legs (or yourself) a better favor! Thank you and cudos to Mike, Jerry, Russ, and the crew at Dick's. And a special "Thanks" to Joe Brandenburg!

Now, if I can just figure out how to stop the "check engine" light from coming on...

Can you post a pic on the result please?

Not interested in the cruise control...sorry, but would like to see how that turns out. Your car, your dream, your $, your endeavour & your success --- congrats!

Can you post a pic on the result please?

Not interested in the cruise control...sorry, but would like to see how that turns out. Your car, your dream, your $, your endeavour & your success --- congrats!

Thanks for the sentiment. I'll try to get a pic or two this week.

Drive on,

Lass

Now grab hold of it and yank it until there's wires dangling from your fist. Now throw it all in the trash because that's where that radar detector belongs.

:icon_thumleft:

Buy a Valentine1 and never look back. Laser jammers if you're really serious.

Congrats and post pics!