College Bowl Games....

blylek

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha. Piece of shit Cincinatti should never have been ranked in the top 5.

Agreed!!!

The 2nd tier conferences like the MAC, the WAC and the PAC just can't run with the big boys (SEC,Big-12,Big-10)

(puts on flameproof suit) :icon_mrgreen:

Haha. Piece of shit Cincinatti should never have been ranked in the top 5.

You make your lack of understanding of college football more obvious with each post.

You make your lack of understanding of college football more obvious with each post.

I understand why they are ranked 3rd. I think the ranking system is garbage. Sure they won all of their games which is difficult to do. When Cinci doesn't play ANYONE other than Oregon State all year, they shouldn't ever be on the field against a team as good as Florida, or you will see destruction like you see now.

Agreed!!!

The 2nd tier conferences like the MAC, the WAC and the PAC just can't run with the big boys (SEC,Big-12,Big-10)

(puts on flameproof suit) :icon_mrgreen:

:rolleyes:

I understand why they are ranked 3rd. I think the ranking system is garbage. Sure they won all of their games which is difficult to do. When Cinci doesn't play ANYONE other than Oregon State all year, they shouldn't ever be on the field against a team as good as Florida, or you will see destruction like you see now.

Wow... That post is dumber than the one before.....

Mike.... This game was lost three weeks ago... If you think Florida is "Proving something" tonight you've seriously got your head up your ass. The Cleveland School for the DEAF would beat Cincinnati tonight.... THEY HAVE NO COACH. THEY DONT EVEN HAVE A BACKUP COACH.... Its amazing theyve been able to put 10 up under those circumstances....

In my opinion, the National Championship game happened already during the SEC Championship game. No way Texas beats Alabama.

There is nothing dumb about any of my posts in this thread. I think youre upset because I was right at the beginning of the season that I called that USC was going to be garbage this year. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

lucky for the USC fans that the UF vs. USC matchup didn't happen this year. Next year though, who knows what the outcome will be.

Wow... That post is dumber than the one before.....

Mike.... This game was lost three weeks ago... If you think Florida is "Proving something" tonight you've seriously got your head up your ass. The Cleveland School for the DEAF would beat Cincinnati tonight.... THEY HAVE NO COACH. THEY DONT EVEN HAVE A BACKUP COACH.... Its amazing theyve been able to put 10 up under those circumstances....

it wouldn't matter if they had Spurrier, Tressel, Joe Pa, Bowden, Shula, and Johnson on the sidelines at the same time. They don't have the TALENT to win this game

it wouldn't matter if they had Spurrier, Tressel, Joe Pa, Bowden, Shula, and Johnson on the sidelines at the same time. They don't have the TALENT to win this game

Mike.... Had you ever PLAYED a sinlge down of collage football, I wouldnt have to explain to you why youre wrong..... But since you havent, it would be a waste of my time to try. You'll NEVER really understand the subject youre talking about.

Roman,

first off, I played 7 years of football in Middle School and high school, played in State Championship games, etc. So I know how important coaching can be. The only reason I didn't start in a division 1 team in FL is because The DOCTORS wouldn't let me, not because I didn't have the talent.

Roman,

first off, I played 7 years of football in Middle School and high school, played in State Championship games, etc.

:jack:

So I know how important coaching can be.
You still have NO IDEA what Im talking about.... Do you?

heheh, you guys... Mike, they lost all their gusto to fight when they found out they would come out the tunnel with the assistant coach. These are kids, and the majority of it is mental. If Cinci had any chance to feel like they could run with the big boys it would've been if they scored on the first drive. When UF got the ball and walked right down the field you could just see it was going to be murder... The head coach is the head coach, you cannot expect these kids to mentally change channels and feel inspired with a new leader whom they probably saw get screamed at by the Head Coach once or twice in the last couple years during practice or films, he's a 2nd fiddle guy in their eyes no matter how someone trys to deny it..It's not about the playcalling so much, it's about the lead-guy. That's why you never see interim coaches take over permanently. But then again didn't we ALL call this match-up VERY favorably for Florida in the first place?

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...45204&st=20

:jack:

You still have NO IDEA what Im talking about.... Do you?

yes their head coach left and went to Notre Dame as they think he is the next Lou Holtz.

yes their head coach left and went to Notre Dame as they think he is the next Lou Holtz.

:eusa_wall: Mike you don't....you seriously don't...

heheh, you guys... Mike, they lost all their gusto to fight when they found out they would come out the tunnel with the assistant coach. These are kids, and the majority of it is mental. If Cinci had any chance to feel like they could run with the big boys it would've been if they scored on the first drive. When UF got the ball and walked right down the field you could just see it was going to be murder... The head coach is the head coach, you cannot expect these kids to mentally change channels and feel inspired with a new leader whom they probably saw get screamed at by the Head Coach once or twice in the last couple years during practice or films, he's a 2nd fiddle guy in their eyes no matter how someone trys to deny it..It's not about the playcalling so much, it's about the lead-guy. That's why you never see interim coaches take over permanently. But then again didn't we ALL call this match-up VERY favorably for Florida in the first place?

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...45204&st=20

I agree that with the coaching situation the way it was, it makes thing more difficult. What i was saying is ot would have been murder either way.

I agree that with the coaching situation the way it was, it makes thing more difficult. What i was saying is ot would have been murder either way.

Maybe not so bad, though. Cinci might have put up a little more fight rather than half-way covering guys in their zone and letting receiver run free 5 yards away from them all game.

By the 3rd TD I turned to the Laker game cause I could see it was gonna get ugly..Lost interest.

But yeah, as you can see in the bama vs fla thread we all agreed that Cinci didn't match-up well, and the Gators would roll over them. Hand picked by Urb and the Crew.

Ok... Ive been a little harsh with you Mike.... So before this gets out of control... Let me TRY to explain what Im talking about.

The week after my last game I was in the local pharmacy- I was dealing with my own health problems that had kept me completely out of the loop the whole week.... And by chance one of the major boosters was there and saw me and came up and started talking to me... And he passed on the news that five of our coaches had left the program.... Now keep in mind... I was done. I wouldnt see these guys again.... But it felt like somebody shoved a DAGGER through my heart.... It was like finding out my girlfriend was cheating on me, or like my parents were getting a divorce or something.... And once I got back around the team, that feeling was universal.... And these were just ASSISTANT Coaches!!!! The loss of the coaching staff is MUCH more than just the loss of coaching.... It DESTROYS the mental part of the game, which (in my opinion) is the most critical part of the game at this level.... and it does so for weeks and even MONTHS after it happens....

Twenty years later I think its all kinda silly.... Of course they took the job offers- It was just business.... But as a 23 year old, I didnt get it.

So without taking anything away from Florida.... The team they faced tonight was NOT the same team that went twelve and oh in the regular season or that was ranked number 3 a few weeks ago....

I dont know who would have won the game had the ACTUAL TEAM, INCLUDING THE COACH, had shown up tonight.... And neither do you....

HAD URBAN not been out there (although his "health" situation probably fired Florida up MORE "Win one for the gipper!!!!") it might have been more balanced.... But theres no way to know.

:eusa_wall: Mike you don't....you seriously don't...

what do I not understand. Brian Kelly broke the news 3 weeks before the Sugar Bowl and left the team fucked.

BINGO!!! a complete betrayal, and can't/won't even be in our game, the biggest game of our program?? The type of game he prayed for with us, gave blood sweat and tears with us, after practice everyday over a year we would get to this point and battle in TOGETHER??!!! Is Notre Dame all he needed to leave us?? We could kick NDs ass any week!!! WTF!!!

HUH???!!! Imagine that Mike...

Ok... Ive been a little harsh with you Mike.... So before this gets out of control... Let me TRY to explain what Im talking about.

The week after my last game I was in the local pharmacy- I was dealing with my own health problems that had kept me completely out of the loop the whole week.... And by chance one of the major boosters was there and saw me and came up and started talking to me... And he passed on the news that five of our coaches had left the program.... Now keep in mind... I was done. I wouldnt see these guys again.... But it felt like somebody shoved a DAGGER through my heart.... It was like finding out my girlfriend was cheating on me, or like my parents were getting a divorce or something.... And once I got back around the team, that feeling was universal.... And these were just ASSISTANT Coaches!!!! The loss of the coaching staff is MUCH more than just the loss of coaching.... It DESTROYS the mental part of the game, which (in my opinion) is the most critical part of the game at this level.... and it does so for weeks and even MONTHS after it happens....

So without taking anything away from Florida.... The team they faced tonight was NOT the same team that went twelve and oh in the regular season or that was ranked number 3 a few weeks ago....

I dont know who would have won the game had the ACTUAL TEAM, INCLUDING THE COACH, had shown up tonight.... And neither do you....

RD, I know Exactly what you are saying. In order for Cincy to have a chance, they needed to be firing on all cylinders and truly believe in themselves. When Kelly left (which I personally think was a prick move) The person who had been telling them to believe in themselves, suddenly said "you know what, you're not worth it,see ya! That's crushing to a program, espcially an underdog like Cincy. With that being said, the Gators were also playing motivated, for obvious reasons. In the end, the Gators' athleticism was too much for Cincy.

A few years back, West Virginia lost their coach right before their bowl game, they rallied around each other and pulled off a big time upset. I guess these things can go several different ways.

With all of that being said, Cincy is a high caliber program that will be a contender for years to come.

what do I not understand. Brian Kelly broke the news 3 weeks before the Sugar Bowl and left the team fucked.

I think they have to once they accept a job. And ND expects it. He is NO LONGER a coach of Cinci, he's OUR coach. No way around it, that happened when Urban Meyer did it to Utah to go to Florida...And a couple other guys.

I think they have to once they accept a job. And ND expects it. He is NO LONGER a coach of Cinci, he's OUR coach. No way around it, that happened when Urban Meyer did it to Utah to go to Florida...And a couple other guys.

I guarantee you.... If Nebraska had beaten Texas.... And Cinci had been given a bid to the National Championship game.... Brian Kelly would have said "Ill see you after the game Father Jenkins."

A few years back, West Virginia lost their coach right before their bowl game, they rallied around each other and pulled off a big time upset. I guess these things can go several different ways.

Yeah you're talking about when Rich Rodriguez left to go to Michigan (bet he wishes he stayed LOL).

That WV team was a monster too though (better than this Cinci team). They could play by themselves with no coaches on the sideline...Pat White and that running back they had, that offense..whew