College Bowl Games....

blylek

I cant remember Joe, but did Bradford get hurt against BYU or did he play the whole game? Cant' remember if he was hurt at the end of the first half or the second half.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I cant remember Joe, but did Bradford get hurt against BYU or did he play the whole game? Cant' remember if he was hurt at the end of the first half or the second half.

1st half

The fact that he went out of the whole game for a stinger really bothers me too, and if I were the front office of an NFL team, I would take that into consideration before drafting him.

Stingers happen in football. Sure they can be very painful for a good 10-20 minutes, but you play through it. I think Ben Roethlesberger did against the Dolphins, and he won the game.

Haha, I love all of the "Texas would have probably won" comments! Probably equates to nill! :) If anything you have to look at it as Alabama had a game plan for Colt McCoy and his style of game play.

Oh yeah.... Alabama was wringing its hands when Texas' Heismam trophy candidate went out of the game in the first series...... Yeah.... Im sure it threw the coaching staff into complete turmoil.... "WHAT WILL WE POSSIBLY DO AGAINST THIS FRESHMAN PHENOM???? A 3 year starter with 10,000 years passing was bad enough.... But please dont unleash the Gilbert on us!!!!"

:rolleyes:

If you had a horse entered in the Kentucky derby..... And it BROKE ITS LEG coming out of the gate.... fcuk that... The LEG FELL COMPLETELY OFF AND WAS LAYING IN TURN 1.... And the three legged cripple mare STILL managed to finish one length behind the winner.... ITS SAFE TO SAY YOUR HORSE WOULDA WON HAD HE NOT BROKEN HIS fcuking LEG.

I wanted to see the full game with all starters in as Bowl Games can be tricky. It must have been roughly 1 month since these 2 teams have played an opponent in a game. The first quarter, and sometimes even the first half don't show the whole picture of a team as they need to knock some of the rust off themselves and get down to business.

If McCoy came back in the second half, and Texas lost the game, they would have blamed it on the injury too. It is a lose/lose situation for Alabama.

Oh yeah.... Alabama was wringing its hands when Texas' Heismam trophy candidate went out of the game in the first series...... Yeah.... Im sure it threw the coaching staff into complete turmoil.... "WHAT WILL WE POSSIBLY DO AGAINST THIS FRESHMAN PHENOM???? A 3 year starter with 10,000 years passing was bad enough.... But please dont unleash the Gilbert on us!!!!"

If you had a horse entered in the Kentucky derby..... And it BROKE ITS LEG coming out of the gate.... fcuk that... The LEG FELL COMPLETELY OFF AND WAS LAYING IN TURN 1.... And the three legged cripple mare STILL managed to finish one length behind the winner.... ITS SAFE TO SAY YOUR HORSE WOULDA WON HAD HE NOT BROKEN HIS fcuking LEG.

Thank you!! My exact point about this year's OU/TX game when Bradford got hurt

yeah because colt playing means he would had a great game.... RIGHT! I could only hope

their crippled three legged mare played us as great as he did Nebraska..... Pshhhh

The fact that he went out of the whole game for a stinger really bothers me too, and if I were the front office of an NFL team, I would take that into consideration before drafting him.

Stingers happen in football. Sure they can be very painful for a good 10-20 minutes, but you play through it. I think Ben Roethlesberger did against the Dolphins, and he won the game.

A stinger comes in many different shapes and sizes. they're not all the same. Its hard to tell if he would've been able to come back in. dependent upon the type of stinger they can last longer than 20minutes. I was out 2 weeks with one (and I knew how to play with pain). Problem is it can render the limb useless in some instances. It is a spinal cord and central nervous system issue, you can't take lightly.

yeah because colt playing means he would had a great game.... RIGHT! I could only hope

their crippled three legged mare played us as great as he did Nebraska..... Pshhhh

I dont think you are giving Nebraska enough credit. Despite their overall record, I think Nebraska had one of the best defenses in college this year. McCoy didn't play all that shitty against Nebraska...the Texas O line played pretty shitty and the kid was beat up all night. The O line for TX seemed to be a different team entirely against Alabama, and the coaches acknowledged that they had something to prove because of their shitty performance. The fact that they only allowed 1 sack (pretty big friggin sack) seems to show that they improved tremendously IF and ONLY IF you allow that Alabama's Defense was either on par with, or better than Nebraska's.

Despite being in the game for only 4 or 5 total plays, I think it was obvious (again to me anyway) that Texas had Alabama on their heels from the get-go and Alabama was shitting in their pants saying WTF? When he went out, the entire feel of the game was different, and Alabama knew it and took advantage of it...as any good team would do.

Not to shit on Gilbert, but a high school phenom (I doubt he's a phenom) playing in a HUGE college game like this isn't going to play as well, no matter how many high-school championship games he's won. Its not even the same freaking ball park. Undoubtedly one of THE premier freshman quarterbacks in the country was some dude who played for USC this year...remember him? Some games he played great, some not so great, but point being even as talented as that kid is, its hard to orchestrate a win against one of the best teams in the country...much less when you are jerked from the sidelines to substitute (remember Barkley was the starter, had all the practice and reps, etc.). I agree that you cant say shoulda woulda coulda, but you cant deny that TX was about to open up a can of woop ass all over the Crimson Tide, and actually remained competitive until 2:00 left in the game. At the end of the day, Alabama won, go Tide, but they sure weren't the dominating team everyone expected to show up and annihilate Texas...not even close.

Go ducks! and Boise State would have beaten Alabama even with the Napoleon Dynamite looking quarterback and Braided hair beast in the stands! And Bradford sucks too! :icon_butt: :icon_mrgreen:

A stinger comes in many different shapes and sizes. they're not all the same. Its hard to tell if he would've been able to come back in. dependent upon the type of stinger they can last longer than 20minutes. I was out 2 weeks with one (and I knew how to play with pain). Problem is it can render the limb useless in some instances. It is a spinal cord and central nervous system issue, you can't take lightly.

I know how they feel brotha. I had a partially torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder (my lead shoulder as I played center and I am right handed), and when I would hit with that shoulder, halfway through EVERY practice, my right arm would go completely numb with that pulsating pain that goes through it. I have had a compound fracture of my fibula and I was fine, and I had a really bad stinger once, and it automatically caused me to break out in tears. Not crying like a baby, but uncontrollable tears from the pain (I assume that is why they covered him with a towel on the sideline). Normally, you may sit out of a game. In the final game of your College Career for a National Championship you play through it. Unless his arm was severely dislocated or had a compound fracture in his throwing arm, you play through it.

He was rotating his shoulder on the sideline, so it definitely worked. He just didn't go back out.

I went to University of Idaho but I agree at giving BSU a shot at the title...especially after watching the pillow fight last night.

I would argue that Boise is the best team in college football, #2 at the minimum. I guess next year will make or break them since they finally are playing a non-Florida style schedule.

I know how they feel brotha. I had a partially torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder (my lead shoulder as I played center and I am right handed), and when I would hit with that shoulder, halfway through EVERY practice, my right arm would go completely numb with that pulsating pain that goes through it. I have had a compound fracture of my fibula and I was fine, and I had a really bad stinger once, and it automatically caused me to break out in tears. Not crying like a baby, but uncontrollable tears from the pain (I assume that is why they covered him with a towel on the sideline). Normally, you may sit out of a game. In the final game of your College Career for a National Championship you play through it. Unless his arm was severely dislocated or had a compound fracture in his throwing arm, you play through it.

He was rotating his shoulder on the sideline, so it definitely worked. He just didn't go back out.

Mine felt much worse than the way you described yours, I had complete muscle deterioration, had to re-train my shoulder to flex the right way and to bend my arm, it was like a shock of electricity every time I turned my head. But then again, mine was caused from flying at full (4.3 speed) :eusa_dance: from 20yrds away and literally launching my body airborne at a fullback that broke through a hole clean..free safety :icon_thumleft:

I remember they said something about his future and not doing any more damage. Eh...it's one game (no matter which one it is), and you have millions coming in 4 months....I'm not sure I'd argue much. But that's just me. :icon_mrgreen:

Mine felt much worse than the way you described yours, I had complete muscle deterioration, had to re-train my shoulder to flex the right way and to bend my arm, it was like a shock of electricity every time I turned my head. But then again, mine was caused from flying at full (4.3 speed) :eusa_dance: from 20yrds away and literally launching my body airborne at a fullback that broke through a hole clean..free safety :icon_thumleft:

I remember they said something about his future and not doing any more damage. Eh...it's one game (no matter which one it is), and you have millions coming in 4 months....I'm not sure I'd argue much. But that's just me. :icon_mrgreen:

Plus on after the game he told the reporter that he didn't feel any pain in his arm...he had no feeling whatsoever. Like it was completely numb. I would imagine that it would be hard to throw with an arm you cant feel.