Interesting Random Facts on Greek Architecture

WheelsRCool

So I was reading a book on architecture and learned two really interesting things I didn't know that I thought I would share:

1) Greek buildings were originally not the grayish white that they currently are, and that we color our public buildings modeled on the Greek buildings after, they were actually brightly-colored in reds, blues, and golds and would have been considered over-the-top to our eyes today.

2) There is no true straight line in the Parthenon. It employs a technique called entasis to ever so slightly deform the columns and architraves on the building which causes the eye to see straight lines where otherwise there would appear to be a curve or sag.

I find architecture incredibly fascinating. I agree with the guy who said it is like frozen music.

I knew the 1st one, but the parthenon thing sounds very interesting.

Any pictures showing how the columns look "in line"?

Guest skokos

Random fact about greek architecture,I'm greek and they modeled the parthenonafter my cock

Random fact about greek architecture,I'm greek and they modeled the parthenonafter my cock

Your penis is a knackered run down ruin of a building that isn't straight?

Guest skokos
Greek here too, I can attest to superb build quality:P

Thats awesome man! do you shoot lightning rods out of your dick like a do to??

So this means your cock is purposely bent out of shape to look straight from a distance :D :lol2:

Thats awesome man! do you shoot lightning rods out of your dick like a do to??

You know how we do! See here I saw all your ladies out there and now its all coming together, the women of Utah know that a hairy chest is where its at LOL.

:lol2:

please someone help wheels get laid!

He'd probably just lecture the hooker to death about politics if someone did buy him one. :lol2: