Apple Ipad

Lucifer

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you guys who have it get a pre-order or wait in line long? I might try stopping by the Apple store later this week and picking one up.

they really need to (more so on the ipad than the iphones) address the FLASH ISSUE~!!!

Adobe needs to make more improvements(crashes browsers too often and is a HUGE system hog) to flash. But that won't happen. Every site just needs to move to HTML 5.

Adobe needs to make more improvements(crashes browsers too often and is a HUGE system hog) to flash.

:eusa_naughty:

That's Apple's excuse. Flash works fine on everything else in the world.

The real reason is that they want people to use iTunes and App Store to BUY media, instead of getting it free from Hulu etc.

IMO Apple is creating overhyped media mayhem over products that offers little or nothing new over existing products on the market, and people buy it like crazy completely uncritical and blind, because it's an Apple logo on it, and it's "cool" to have.

:eusa_naughty:

That's Apple's excuse. Flash works fine on everything else in the world.

The real reason is that they want people to use iTunes and App Store to BUY media, instead of getting it free from Hulu etc.

IMO Apple is creating overhyped media mayhem over products that offers little or nothing new over existing products on the market, and people buy it like crazy completely uncritical and blind, because it's an Apple logo on it, and it's "cool" to have.

Bingo. But flash really is outdated....

I would be more concerned with the battery charge being as good as they say.

Who honestly NEEDS a 9" iPhone with no flash support, no USB or any other external storage capability, and a processor no faster than the one in my cellphone that fits in the palm of my hand? Another marketing genius ploy by Apple .

I would be more concerned with the battery charge being as good as they say.

I used mine with a wifi connection and screen at full brightness for 5-6 hours and it was at 15% left when I plugged it in.

Definately not like the Iphone battery....much better.

I got to use one today - very impressed with that screen brightness and resolution. It's beautiful to look at stuff on it. I was considering buying one before but now I definitely will.

I got to use one today - very impressed with that screen brightness and resolution. It's beautiful to look at stuff on it. I was considering buying one before but now I definitely will.

But to do what with?

But to do what with?

Well, lots of stuff. The big functions for me will be:

1) Show clients videos we have produced! (I have a video production company for those unaware)

2) Surf Internet at home (I have an aging 15" MacBook Pro but iPad will be as good or better for just reading articles, Facebook, LP, whatever)

3) Watch video (TV shows or movies) on the road, during a flight, etc. I currently use the iPhone for this sometimes but the screen is too small for long running times.

4) Magazines and books! I subscribe to few magazines now and don't read as much as I'd like to. I think the ease of picking something new and reading it without buying a physical book will encourage more reading. I will subscribe to a few magazines on it too, Wired, some car mags, etc.

5) Games, whatever else

Well, lots of stuff. The big functions for me will be:

1) Show clients videos we have produced! (I have a video production company for those unaware)

2) Surf Internet at home (I have an aging 15" MacBook Pro but iPad will be as good or better for just reading articles, Facebook, LP, whatever)

3) Watch video (TV shows or movies) on the road, during a flight, etc. I currently use the iPhone for this sometimes but the screen is too small for long running times.

4) Magazines and books! I subscribe to few magazines now and don't read as much as I'd like to. I think the ease of picking something new and reading it without buying a physical book will encourage more reading. I will subscribe to a few magazines on it too, Wired, some car mags, etc.

5) Games, whatever else

Gotcha. I wish it had the selection of a Kindle; THAT would be helpful for me.

All MacBooks are aging by the way! :lol2:

Gotcha. I wish it had the selection of a Kindle; THAT would be helpful for me.

All MacBooks are aging by the way! :lol2:

Agreed but I think the book selection will grow quickly once the business model is proven to publishers. Kindle has a head start but Apple will catch up and the screen is leagues better on the iPad.

Does it not get annoying to hold it up right? A laptop, you can set down on your knees or table, but the iPad you have to hold or rest on a knee or something, right?

Does it not get annoying to hold it up right? A laptop, you can set down on your knees or table, but the iPad you have to hold or rest on a knee or something, right?

Yah you need to hold it up with something but no it hasn't become annoying at all, dunno just gotta shift your body really.

I looked at one online and came up to the conclusion its a toy i dont need, got rid of my iphone for the same reason, if i want to actually do work, my cracberries work better. By the time I optioned the Ipad out with what I wanted, i can buy a macbook for about the same price, and the macbook already has a keyboard and I do like my macbook, with windows running on it.

I looked at one online and came up to the conclusion its a toy i dont need, got rid of my iphone for the same reason, if i want to actually do work, my cracberries work better. By the time I optioned the Ipad out with what I wanted, i can buy a macbook for about the same price, and the macbook already has a keyboard and I do like my macbook, with windows running on it.

I definitely do not consider the iPad a work device for me, its for pure fun. It's great for Pandora, watching movies, TV shows and playing games.... good for the quick browse on the couch of a website, or reading an eBook.

That's enough for me. Way better then the iPhone at those things due to size.

I just got back from BestBuy checking out the iPad. I'm sold on it.

I see they are already working on a JailBreak for it w/ video.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/04...ipod_touch.html

EDIT:

I just realized something. How the hell are guys going to carry this thing around? Man purse?! :eusa_naughty:

post-12771-1270543454_thumb.jpg