Gallardo SV wannabees Rejoice! Courtesy Of RSC!

Allan-Herbie

So I was talking to Herschel and telling him how excited we all were at the prospect of the new Gallardo SV having a version of the Murci Sv wing.... Well now that we know that isnt happening..... Why dont we make it happen? Herschel said if their is enough interest he will create an SV wing for us, and will be creating mock ups shortly!

Who is interested! I am Numero Uno!!!!

4249100359_4e790f6156_b.jpg

lp570sv02.jpg

rumours_lamborghini_lp5704_sv_hardcore_lp5604_480x280.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he needs any help with the mounting brackets or any framing for a wing, I have an Amada 2500w laser in my shop. Send me an acad or solidworks model and we can get something prototyped in a few days..

couldnt you just retain / use superleggera mounts and just design a SV style wing that will mount to that?

I think the plan is do a few mockups and see what the best solution will be..

If it sits too high it will look ricerish, so perhaps a couple of different options for the mounting height would be nice.

Is it going to be wind tunnel tested? Wouldn't want to leave it behind the first time it goes over 150.

I think the mounting height in this pic is perfect....

The key to the spoler is to have the cool metal legs with cutouts for the spoiler to sit on...

It would also be cool if we could come up with something that connected the spoiler to the diffuser like the SV does, even if it is purely for aesthetics...

40764246.jpg

mursv30.jpg

mursv18.jpg

Or actually, maybe making the legs fit primarily into the stock mounting holes, but having them extend back to come over the back side too just to this point....

4076424611.jpg

i agree with allen i think it would look perfect if rsc could extend the legs over the back side making it look like it is attached there even though its not. i really like the way the sv wing looks on the 670 and would love for the gallardo one to look just like it.

I anticipate have all that information by Tuesday as well.. keep the feedback coming gents

So I am guessing the info. will be available by Tuesday, i.e. the last Tuesday in April 2010 and delivery of the actual product by early 2011 if we are lucky.

:icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: j/k !

definitely a steep rake in the pedestals like how the LP SV wing rises off the back would make it PERFECT! i'm sure the top portion of the trunk deck would still have to provide majority of the support for the wing unless an inner structure was created to mount the back portion to...

but cosmetically the wing looks AWESOME!!!

LOL thanks for that.. killing me before we even get out the block.. ;)

this will have a much lower production curve than the bumpers and the hardest part was already done ..

:lol: Just so we don't have to defend for you when it's late again. :icon_mrgreen: Glad to hear that the most challenging part is over and done with.

For the new comers, RSC made a LP560 lookalike bumper for the G. The product is fine but the time of delivery was off (as in delayed). Herschel is a great guy to deal with. It was a long wait but quite worth it. Hence the joke on this upcoming wing. I'm sure the experience learned will minimize the delay.