Diablo SV - 414 whp, 408 wtq (lb ft)

BB6

Put the car on the dyno when it was in for its annual all fluids change and got 414 whp, 408 wtq (lb ft) SAE corrected results.

What sort of correction factor should you use to estimate power at the crank?

IMG_6948.jpg

DiabloSVdynorun-detail.jpg

Very nice man! Been a while since I saw you post on here haha. Glad the car is doing well.

Been itching to get it back on the road - just waiting for one decent rain to wash the salt off the roads first.

How's the progress on your car?

20-25% loss usually.

Thanks Placid.

If I use a 20% drivetrain loss, that would mean a crank hp of: 414/(1-20%) = 517hp. That's a bit lower than the quoted 530hp, but the difference could be because of the ram air effect in the SV - though I seriously doubt they came up with the quoted figure in an accurate way using ram air effect, they probably just took a swag and came up with a nice round 530hp at the crank figure.

All in all, I'm a happy camper.

Now if anyone has a Series 1 LP400S for sale with Bravo wheels, please let me know :-)

Thanks Placid.

If I use a 20% drivetrain loss, that would mean a crank hp of: 414/(1-20%) = 517hp. That's a bit lower than the quoted 530hp, but the difference could be because of the ram air effect in the SV - though I seriously doubt they came up with the quoted figure in an accurate way using ram air effect, they probably just took a swag and came up with a nice round 530hp at the crank figure.

Now if anyone has a Series 1 LP400S for sale with Bravo wheels, please let me know :-)

Numbers sound right. Difference between quoted & dyno hp#'s could also be attributed to either/or production variance and/or "age" of car i.e. decline in engine compression. Not a concern IMHO.

Thanks Placid.

Numbers sound right. Difference between quoted & dyno hp#'s could also be attributed to either/or production variance and/or "age" of car i.e. decline in engine compression. Not a concern IMHO.

Been itching to get it back on the road - just waiting for one decent rain to wash the salt off the roads first.

How's the progress on your car?

It's getting there. Waiting for one last thing to be checked on the crankshaft and then just waiting for parts. Hopefully will have it back during April but we will see when the parts come in. Can't wait!

i know of one for sale

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...