CONGRATS PEAK/HEFFY 266.938MPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TURBOALEX

Guest SP-superJay

congrats Ray and Jason, I can't even imagine how that felt going that fast :eusa_clap:

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the timing system discrepancies:

All of these cars ran at the same track with the same timing equipment. If it was reading low, then it was reading low for everyone. I will go into more detail about my particular experience when I have more time, but the short version is that I ran my 996 at the beginning of the day to record a disappointing 159mph mile. I mentioned that we should check the timing system, but was brushed off (not by Seth, but some of the other guys there). I decided to borrow a Vbox to make another run. The Vbox showed a 177.x mph run, but my print out was still much lower. I spoke with Kevin at UR and they were experiencing similar results. I then took this information to Seth and he quickly acted to get to the bottom of it. That's when he found that the sensors were in fact moved. He then took some measurements, and adjusted setting in the timing computer to match the measurements taken. He then applied those corrected settings to all of the day's previous runs. Once the adjustment was made, my new printout (reflecting the corrected measurements) was within one tenth of one mile per hour of my vbox data from the same pass. I can also tell you that Ray's big pass was within three tenths of a mph to the data secured from the vbox.

It is my opinion that after the timing equipment was recalibrated, the system was dead nuts on, but even if it weren't, all of the cars were measured by the same system on the same day, and that system showed a 10+ mph advantage on the white GT.

There were several other details about this run that made the pass all the more impressive, but it's not my story to tell, so I will wait on Ray for all of that. What I will say is, based on everything I saw this weekend, this car is nowhere near it's full potential. Ray has assembled a superb team, and I am sure that we will only continue to see things that we never though would be possible.

I'm going on about 10 hours sleep over the last three days, so I will wait for a full write up after I have a little time to recover.

Gary,

Thanks for your writeup. This was a killer event as far as attendance, and I wish I could have been there in person to see it.

I agree with your comments except 1 thing. From the data collected, and from the attendees, and spectators I have spoken to, it was reading high AND low (at least early on in the day). Not sure after the system was corrected.

A Pulley/Tune FGT ran-203 mph

A Z-OH-6-that was either stock or slightly modded running 190+ mph.

The reading from the White FGT TT showing 255mph when his computer and gps showed 267.2mph

etc.

etc.

Gary,

Thanks for your writeup. This was a killer event as far as attendance, and I wish I could have been there in person to see it.

I agree with your comments except 1 thing. From the data collected, and from the attendees, and spectators I have spoken to, it was reading high AND low (at least early on in the day). Not sure after the system was corrected.

A Pulley/Tune FGT ran-203 mph

A Z-OH-6-that was either stock or slightly modded running 190+ mph.

The reading from the White FGT TT showing 255mph when his computer and gps showed 267.2mph

etc.

etc.

lol.. dude you werent running, nor where you even there and people who were running are starting less of a shitstorm than you... The timing was the same for everyone... the timing was fixed.... Heffner holds the record by a large margin. Good for him and Peak...

Well you let us know when you get that three year plan done. Until then, I'll get excited when an ultra easy to do murci gets within 50 mph of these two gt's. :lol:

Never started any plan. Just simply was way ahead of what people were thinking of doing. And 50MPH! ROFLMAO! I wouldn't even need top gear for that! :lol2:

oh come on Dave, a good dose of the Nationalism Fallacy is good for the internet forums! :lol2:

:lol2:!!!!

lol.. dude you werent running, nor where you even there and people who were running are starting less of a shitstorm than you... The timing was the same for everyone... the timing was fixed.... Heffner holds the record by a large margin. Good for him and Peak...

what he said.

Pike.....sometimes you just need to not say anything.

Never started any plan. Just simply was way ahead of what people were thinking of doing. And 50MPH! ROFLMAO! I wouldn't even need top gear for that! :lol2:

:lol2:!!!!

Dude... you would be soo shocked that you wouldnt even be in the same ballpark ...

Dude... you would be soo shocked that you wouldnt even be in the same ballpark ...

:lol2: That's cause I won the game and left! :lol2:

Wow this is like a soap opera. Ok so its just Heffner that hit the 260's? Then a big fat congrats to Heffner/Peak/FGT for being in a class by themselves. FGT's seem to be the ticket for the mile.

:lol2: That's cause I won the game and left! :lol2:

Thats what you said before when you were going to easily have a 3300lb Murci... :eusa_naughty:

Thats what you said before when you were going to easily have a 3300lb Murci... :eusa_naughty:

:thefinger:

I should have said 3400! Didn't I tell you, that 3300 was without an engine! :lol2:

Good for them! Congrats :icon_thumleft:

My tech have been analyzing all of the results and pictures that were taken as well, please note that after yelling at the crowd several times to move back some were numb and as a result affected the outcome of the timing by blocking the antenna system.

Please see below, I guess roping off the area would have been the answer... Please yell at anyone you recognize !

crowd1.jpg

Unfortunately a lot of issues with the timing cast a shadow upon this event. Anytime there is a discrepancy with timing procedures or equipment, it will always put doubt in peoples mind when records are on the line, the stakes and emotions are fairly high strung and the dollars spent are not small. The adjustments, which may or may not be accurate, are just in bad professional form IMO. You cannot adjust in these situations, you simply throw out all the runs that are questionable and you move on with an event once the accuracy of said equipment has been completely verified. Even later in the day I heard of situations where the claims were still GPS data was not matching time slip data, wrong time slips, etc. It really takes away from the efforts of everyone to set records, push hard, etc. It is why we just put the orange Gallardo back on the trailer.

Texas Mile is far from obsolete, in fact for most of us it simply reinforced what an amazing event it is both in terms of how professionally it is put on, to just the professional courtesy/behavior in the pits and camaraderie of the participants.

Ray/Jason, congrats on definitely going very fast, and the GT is an amazing build! Irregardless of the timing discrepancies of this event, you are are one of the strongest mile cars out there at the moment, and I hope we get to run together again in October in Texas under more favorable conditions. Perhaps sharing Vbox or MoTeC datalog with the GPS data from the runs would quiet some of the negative feedback from this event over the validity of the speeds being set.

John Reed

"hoping one day I can have my normal screen name back on LP"

What numbers did the SV do?

1 Run only

1/4 Mile Trapped @ 11.338s @ 122.301 mph

1 Mile Trapped @ 28.933s @ 155.470 mph (I believe he backed off considerably since the front was just repainted and he advised that using 3m on a matte black finish is useless since it will make it glossy)

1 Run only

1 Mile Trapped @ 28.933s @ 155.470 mph (I believe he backed off considerably since the front was just repainted and he advised that using 3m on a matte black finish is useless since it will make it glossy)

Wow, he did go easy!

He should do a matte carbon wrap over it so it looks the same.

I'm amazed that the GT doesn't require any aerodynamic modifications. It's amazing they stay on the ground. Good job to all :headbang:

1 Run only

Horrible mph in the 1/4.... weird.. his time to mile seems pretty spot on... his mph really off unless he hit the brakes right @ the end..

1 Run only

Horrible mph in the 1/4.... weird.. his time to mile seems pretty spot on... his mph really off unless he hit the brakes right @ the end..

what was the gun incident i hear about

Oh just one of the most absurd things I have EVER seen at a race. It was flat out ridiculous. Performance power somehow thought it was appropriate to have this "bodyguard" walking all over the airport behind them brandishing an assault rifle with his finger on the trigger guard the whole time. This was supposed to be a family friendly event, and a lot of folks brought their children along.

Oh just one of the most absurd things I have EVER seen at a race. It was flat out ridiculous. Performance power somehow thought it was appropriate to have this "bodyguard" walking all over the airport behind them brandishing an assault rifle with his finger on the trigger guard the whole time. This was supposed to be a family friendly event, and a lot of folks brought their children along.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a dick move.