CONGRATS PEAK/HEFFY 266.938MPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TURBOALEX

:iamwithstupid:

There is no replacement for displacement. Whatever a Ford GT can do, a Murci can do much more easily.

That I will disagree with.. Maybe with an unlimited budget but the Murci will need MAJOR mods, and the driveline in the Murci will never handle the 2000+hp the Murci will need to overcome its weight disadvantage.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That I will disagree with.. Maybe with an unlimited budget but the Murci will need MAJOR mods, and the driveline in the Murci will never handle the 2000+hp the Murci will need to overcome its weight disadvantage.

I wasn't saying it could be done on the cheap; just that a 6.5L V12 has far greater potential than a 5.4L V8.

That's 20% more displacement and, given that you get 5WHP/litre/psi of boost, that's a HUGE head start.

I wasn't saying it could be done on the cheap; just that a 6.5L V12 has far greater potential than a 5.4L V8.

That's 20% more displacement and, given that you get 5WHP/litre/psi of boost, that's a HUGE head start.

Its not that easy.

uh... I don't believe Performance Powers Number of 267 counts as it was according to their VBOX not the the timing gear. According to timing gear they went 255.

timing gear didn't work correctly all day from what I was told. It was either high or low or not reading at all.

The 267 was from his aem computer on the run where the timing system said 255.

timing gear didn't work correctly all day from what I was told. It was either high or low or not reading at all.

The 267 was from his aem computer on the run where the timing system said 255.

I woudl trust a VBOX far more than timing equipment. Timing equipment gets a few readings at the end of the run; the VBOX is getting constant updated info from the satellites.

I woudl trust a VBOX far more than timing equipment. Timing equipment gets a few readings at the end of the run; the VBOX is getting constant updated info from the satellites.

correct, and this computer SHOULD be more accurate than a vbox. If you watch the previous 252.97mph run on video, watch on the left side of the screen, you will see a white banner marking the mile. If you pause it as soon as it passes by, the screen reads 252-253mph depending how fast you are with the mouse. Considering that the equipment wasn't working correctly all day, I would go off the datalogs instead of the timing system, or both. Peak also has one in his car, so I am sure they will look at the data too. Hell maybe it ran FASTER than the timing equipment?

double post

correct, and this computer SHOULD be more accurate than a vbox. If you watch the previous 252.97mph run on video, watch on the left side of the screen, you will see a white banner marking the mile. If you pause it as soon as it passes by, the screen reads 252-253mph depending how fast you are with the mouse. Considering that the equipment wasn't working correctly all day, I would go off the datalogs instead of the timing system, or both. Peak also has one in his car, so I am sure they will look at the data too. Hell maybe it ran FASTER than the timing equipment?

In the end.. for the record run what matters is what the timing said.. not his AEM.

So maybe Peak ran 290!

On a different note, it seems we need to kick Heffner in his pussy as he seems to have forgotten about us Gallardo TT guys! Where the fcuk is Peaks GTT!!!

In the end.. for the record run what matters is what the timing said.. not his AEM.

For the record.....they actually broke the record yesterday...by Peak :icon_thumleft:

I wasn't there, but I heard Jason was pretty pissed off with the equipment earlier in the day.

For the record.....they actually broke the record yesterday...by Peak :icon_thumleft:

I wasn't there, but I heard Jason was pretty pissed off with the equipment earlier in the day.

Yes he was..I spoke to him earlier...

This is incredible reading and congrats to those who made it happen! Seems like I missed a lot lately :eusa_think:

Just curious ... what happened to the side by side racing or was this solo running?

Doug

I would like to see the in car data from both cars to see what the real story is. Not taking anything away from either of them, but that would give everyone a little more factual information than going off the equipment.

Yes he was..I spoke to him earlier...

All three of the big players were pissed, and rightfully so. Think about the time, effort, and $$ it takes to prepare for an event like this, only to have the timing equipment not working properly.

I'm glad they got it figured out by the end of the day.

That is damn fast! (obviously)

I really didnt think anybody would be getting into the 260's even though it was speculated...it just seemed like such a big jump compared to the 250's that were being run recently...Congrats to the builders and the driver! (IMO anything over 200 takes huge stones)

Video is up of the CL65 that ran 191 MPH.....

YouTube? That CL is looking like a great deal for what it is. Would just be worried about the maintenance on a modded 65 motor.

Seems most are saying the Miami mile is not for records as they have failed multiple times to create a accurate event. Regardless of whether Peak ran in the 250's or 280's Heffner and Peak created one heck of a missle. Congrats to both and hope to see a similar showing at texas again as that will be the only place records will be likely accepted.

Top gun run should be able to do it. These cars are getting WAY too fast for goliad. There just isn't enough shut down, and the surface isn't nearly as good.

Its not that easy.

The thing to remember Dave, is that the Murci's 6.5 V12 motor is more high strung than the Ford's 5.5 supercharged V8.

If you are going to use forced induction to bring you out-of-this-world power, you cannot have too high a compression ratio.

The thing to remember Dave, is that the Murci's 6.5 V12 motor is more high strung than the Ford's 5.5 supercharged V8.

If you are going to use forced induction to bring you out-of-this-world power, you cannot have too high a compression ratio.

Yes, but dropping the compression ratio is so simple. I have had plans for 2000 Crank HP out of my car for almost 3 years.