Emblem black out - gloss or semi

Ag02M5

Going to black out the rear emblem on a yellow G. Have satin exhaust, satin wheels and satin SL stripe, gloss black calipers. Stick to the satin look or use gloss to highlight the angles/design better?

Also, any thoughts on the front emblem? I have never been a fan of gold emblems. I know it is the traditional emblem but I was thinking about blacking it out too. I think the contours of the bull would still show.

Feedback appreciated.

Thx.

I would go satin as well. Wasn't someone working on making the rear emblem in CF? If so, are any available? I would like to pick one up. TIA!

I would go satin as well. Wasn't someone working on making the rear emblem in CF? If so, are any available? I would like to pick one up. TIA!

Rear badge for sure satin to match. You could have the Lambo shield custom hand painted and have the gold turned a dark grey and the rest black.

The front in silver I would dig too...does that exist? (not sure I would black out the gold emblem...but if you do it, post pics for sure so I can see :-))

Silver is what I thought as well. Someone at SP did that I belive.

• 2 months later...
Does the emblem screw on or stick on? If stick, thinking it would need replacement.

the emblem is bolted in place

the emblem is bolted in place

No it is stuck in place but there are two holes with 'pegs' that serve as mounting points...just got mine done, love it!

post-12151-1280379972_thumb.jpg

How do you take the emblem off??????????????? I have asked this before but with no answer, and still seems to be very vague in this thread. Can someone please tell us exactly how it is taken off?? Thanks.

Looks good, I might have to get one as well, whats the concensus on putting one one on a verde car?

Where do you get them from?

Satin. Fadi, heat gun and dental floss to handle the badge removal.

No it is stuck in place but there are two holes with 'pegs' that serve as mounting points...just got mine done, love it!

My 04 had two nuts that held onto the small threaded bolts or pegs. Don't know about the newer models...

Satin. Fadi, heat gun and dental floss to handle the badge removal.

No that is not right. There is two pegs sticking out of the back of the emblem that go into the two mounting holes in the bumper (for alignment) so you could not do that.

Fadi, mine basically had to be "broken" off, but didn't physically break thankfully (though I would be extremely careful because they are plastic). As another option or if it does break I would recommend picking one of these up in metal (it is OEM). Yours might be bolted on as Kenny said...maybe it's different on the 04? Sorry I can't offer direct help on the subject.

No that is not right. There is two pegs sticking out of the back of the emblem that go into the two mounting holes in the bumper (for alignment) so you could not do that.

Fadi, mine basically had to be "broken" off, but didn't physically break thankfully (though I would be extremely careful because they are plastic). As another option or if it does break I would recommend picking one of these up in metal (it is OEM). Yours might be bolted on as Kenny said...maybe it's different on the 04? Sorry I can't offer direct help on the subject.

Thanks man. I was told before that they had to be broken off. Worse comes to worse, I will just break mine off, buy a new one, and then put it on after sending it out to get blacked out. I think it is a really neat mod.

My 04 had two nuts that held onto the small threaded bolts or pegs. Don't know about the newer models...

I will check. Thanks!!

My 04's emblem was definitely held on by two small nuts (insert joke here). I did this mod 4 years ago and it was a pain in the ass to get those nuts off (insert joke here).

The Murci's are metal and bolt on; the G's are plastic and have tabs that must be 'broken' to be removed. It's an odd place for Audi to cut corners.

Where do you get them people? I've looked and can't find them, eurospares don't seem to do them and i'm assumung there about $1m from lambo.

I take it you don't paint the original if it has to be broken to get it off

The Murci's are metal and bolt on; the G's are plastic and have tabs that must be 'broken' to be removed. It's an odd place for Audi to cut corners.

Mine was removed without breaking the tabs. Haters gonna hate! :lol2: